Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187949 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - First Rest Phase
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2012, 09:34:30 pm »

Powder Miner:
I don't think I have any real motivation to hunt, at least at the moment- I'm a survivor who may be able to win with dopps and I don't want to attract a kill. (If they have them- they might not in this Bastard)
How about this then: Find scum or we'll lynch you to learn more about pilots and prevent a scum+survivor vote block screwing us over later.

And of course, this is assuming we believe you in the first place. Acting like lazy waffling lying scum tends to be bad for that.

My win condition is to make it to the ship, not to survive once I get there.
Do you actually believe this?

Zrk2:
The point was to force people to take some stands and get some cases out there. Also, to see who'd call me on it. Good job. I'd say Powder Miner for making up excuses for not scumhunting.
Does this mean you're going to be individually going after everyone and anyone who doesn't supply them? Who was your second pick prior to PM doing that?

Also, I was wondering, any ideas on how the Dopps can NK without being seen while we run?
My guess would be that they'll be able to pull people off into side rooms to eat, then use their inhuman speed to catch up again. No kind of NK really makes sense with everyone running along in a coherent pack.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2012, 09:41:14 pm »

Book:  Urist I made a craptacular accusation that I was bandwagonning with a second vote, while at the same time posting that he was paranoid about third parties (a common scum move).  We went back and forth, with him spewing more crap and nonsense, and being deliberately obtuse.    Finally, he's claimed alien survivor.

TolyK (claimed "harmless" dopp) and Powder Miner (said he'd be useless, claimed survivor) are probably safe lynches as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2012, 09:59:48 pm »

Zrk2:
The point was to force people to take some stands and get some cases out there. Also, to see who'd call me on it. Good job. I'd say Powder Miner for making up excuses for not scumhunting.
Does this mean you're going to be individually going after everyone and anyone who doesn't supply them? Who was your second pick prior to PM doing that?

I'll try to make sure people post, but I can't do everything.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2012, 01:12:01 am »

Hrm? I've already solidified my vote on Flandre for being useless and then trying to fob us off. I've already covered that. how do I not have a target?

Then why ask everybody what their second scum pick is?

It's hard to believe you legitimately want to know what everybody's second scum pick is.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2012, 03:31:09 am »

Zrk2:
I'll try to make sure people post, but I can't do everything.
Then what are you accomplishing if people can just safely ignore you?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2012, 03:35:46 am »

Flandre: Now you're attacking Powder Miner on the 'feel' of his post, and you ignore the meat of ToonyMan's accusation, namely that you are being extremely vague about why Powder is so obviously scum. What about Powder's actions make him scum versus overconfident survivor? Can you make a case you believe in and don't have to hedge on?

Zrk2: My second pick is a little harder. I'd have to currently say TolyK for the oddities that IronyOwl's pointed out, but I don't have anything to add on that front. I also suspect him for the late reveal of his important information.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2012, 07:03:35 am »

Powder Miner is most likely an Intelligent Scientist.  Flandre and Dariush are trying to jump on it with brilliant cases such as "pull the other one, its got bells on it" and "the overall feel of the post in general".  Side by side.
So, do you believe PM's claim about being able to pilot a ship after a glance or not?

Try reading the thread.
Try reading the thread to notice that he's already answered the question and stop prodding people to answer other people's questions.

Standard alien or what? Any noteworthy background flavor?
An amnesiac human.
Also, second scumpick?
Flandre for being too hasty and bandwagony.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2012, 07:34:42 am »

I don't think he's lying about his claim.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2012, 11:20:20 am »

Toaster: You say "safe" lynches? Shouldn't you be going for people who are dangerous rather than those who are safe to lynch?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2012, 12:37:07 pm »

adjlahhvPbtda

I don't get it and I don't care enough to figure out what this is supposed to be.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2012, 01:20:36 pm »

Tolyk:
*quotes*
You still did not say why you held onto this information up until now, where we are approaching phase-end. Could you clarify your wincon for us, please? Your goal is for one person to do what, exactly?
As I said, I didn't realize it might be important in that respect.
My goal is for at least one guy to escape on the shuttle.

Alright, uh. I'm in a bit of a fix right now, as I just realized an important aspect of my role that makes things a lot harder. :P
But anyways, my wincon is to have at least someone escape on the ship.
And I know that (at least some) dooplegangers don't actually need to eat folks due to a serum or something that allows them to only take proteins and still live, although I think it's possible for their wincon to change during the day/night.
Elaborate please.
I've kinda been doing that.

TolyK:
Alright, uh. I'm in a bit of a fix right now, as I just realized an important aspect of my role that makes things a lot harder. :P
And I know that (at least some) dooplegangers don't actually need to eat folks due to a serum or something that allows them to only take proteins and still live, although I think it's possible for their wincon to change during the day/night.
Why does this make things a lot harder? What makes you say you're not the only serum'd dopp?
That was a different thing I was talking about. I have no idea if I'm the only serum'd dopp or there are others. I'm the only "in my pod".
So yeah. My role is basically a miller survivor with a cherry on top...
These two are contradictory.
I'm a miller with the first wincon.
And a doctor. Awesome huh?
although I think it's possible for their wincon to change during the day/night.
I know nothing about changing win conditions, due to this being a bastard, though, we should be prepared.
This information is from my role PM.
These two are also contradictory.
Way to format a quote.
I know nothing about win conditions that change, but the stuff I do know is from my role pm.

Tolyk: Please address the contradictions pointed out by IronyOwl with lots and lots of detail.
Done. Maybe not lots and lots of detail, but.

Top three suspects: TolyK, I'm not so keen on trusting a Dopp of any kind, regardless of how docile they claim to be. Not to mention his inconsistencies.
Sure.

Alright, uh. Full roleclaim.

I'm a dopp that wants at least one guy to make it to the shuttle. I have a protect that I can use... I've noticed an inconsistency, I've PM'd Meph about it.
Don't believe me? Tell me to protect whoever.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2012, 03:48:30 pm »

Received confirmation that I do indeed protect a captive, not a captor.
Also, Extend, everyone.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2012, 04:02:04 pm »

So you're saying in this bastard we have friendly dopps who we can trust?  There's no rational reason to claim dopp otherwise.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2012, 04:08:25 pm »

I can't say for the others, but yes, I want people to live through, as many as possible to make my chances of winning as high as possible. :P
And I'd like to protect someone. Anyone. Who?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2012, 04:35:03 pm »

Unvote.

TolyK: So you're a dopp whose goal is for anyone to escape? Good. You can hold off the xenos while we run away. What's the inconsistency you've noticed? And why aren't you voting anyone?

Also, Extend, everyone.
Why?

Also protect me!

Powder Miner: It can't be for your own survival, so why are you really being so useless?

Bookthras: Would you mind explaining why you ignored Powder Miner after he answered your questions to him, but continued to vote him?

IronyOwl:
Do you have any reason to believe you can't win with any faction that makes it to the ship?
None at all. Actually, I have (flavorful) reason to believe that I can win with either humans or dopps.

How about this then: Find scum or we'll lynch you to learn more about pilots
Something about the setting tells me we're not getting roleflips.

Zrk2: TolyK for doppclaim (although I'd personally prefer to keep him (and his protect) until we reach ARC) or Powder Miner for uselessness.

Meph: Please do the needful and prod Shakerag.

I have a theory on what we might actually be fighting, but I'll wait and see if the run phase can confirm my suspicions before sharing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 63