Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187776 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - First Rest Phase
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2012, 04:01:13 pm »

Jim, Toaster, and Toony: Do you think there will be any negative consequences for nolynching?
Besides not being able to eliminate scum, no.

OOoooh Dariush how much do you hate Urist?
I'm pissing with steam
because of hating him.
Do you have any reasons for that?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2012, 04:08:43 pm »

The Vote Tally
Flandre: Think0028
Jim Groovester: Powder Miner, Toonyman
Toaster: Bookthras
TolyK: Dariush, Urist Imiknorris
Toonyman: Flandre, TolyK
Urist Imiknorris: IronyOwl, Toaster
Zrk2: Jim Groovester

Rest phase ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2012, 04:10:05 pm »

Jim:
Toaster is my mafia BFF. Whenever possible I want to be on the same team as him.

<3 <3 <3 Toaster <3 <3 <3

:brofist:

Toaster, so Urist Imiknorris is scum. What kind of scum?

The kind we need to lynch.  If I had to guess, I'd say dopp based on gut, but I don't really care.  Irony's theory on the pilot is interesting.

Toaster:
Irony:  Why so specific a question?
I wanted something a bit fancier than preferred scumteams or whatever, since it feels like I'd already know most of that.

Jim, Toaster, and Toony: Do you think there will be any negative consequences for nolynching?

Fair enough.

Interesting question.  There are only two ways to find out, and one is to try it.  Let's try the other first (see below.)  Besides that, a thought comes to mind.  Psychic wardens block by making their target unable to move at night.  Since night is now run, does that mean that block is a death sentence?  What do you think?

Meph:  Given the flavor of the game, is no-lynching possible?  What happens on a tie vote?  Can you answer the above question on blocks, running, and flavor?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2012, 04:13:11 pm »

Meph:  Given the flavor of the game, is no-lynching possible?  What happens on a tie vote?  Can you answer the above question on blocks, running, and flavor?

The whole idea behind leaving someone behind is for them to slow down your chasers so the rest of you escape. If you decide not to leave anyone behind, you are more likely to get a bunch of you caught. At least, that's what's happened so far during this escape.

On a tie vote noone is left behind.

Someone who cannot run will probably be recaptured.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2012, 04:29:16 pm »

So the alien scientists, content to have one of each, decide to stop pursuing their captives and let them run off with one of their ships?

Hmmmmm, that doesn't seem too likely to me.
The problem with this is that we're on a xeno space station. It doesn't make any (well, much) sense that they'd grab their absolute basic requirements and then stop chasing us.
Okay, I will agree with that.
I am not pro-xenozoologist, by the way, even if my theory makes it appear that way; I would not advise dropping known townies to see if there is any truth to my hunch. Unless there is some unknown force that allows xenozoologists to capture us without catching up to us, I can only think that we choose who they abduct.

Dariush: Do you intend on asking RVS questions, or are you content peeing on Urist with steam?

Tolyk: Would you take the pilots on their word about their claims? Why, or why not?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2012, 04:33:11 pm »

EBWOP: I apologise, Dariush. You asked some RVS questions a while ago.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2012, 04:54:19 pm »

Zrk2, are you going to complain about how I tunnel you all the time?

Not unless you do tunnel me.

Zrk2:  There was no specific count of doppelgangers given.  What effect do you think that will have on the gameplay?

Well, it could fuck us if we hit LYLO/MYLO and don't know it, but I don't see it as a serious issue.

Two votes does not a bandwagon make/
It does during RVS.

Uh, no it doesn't. The laws of probability dictate an average of 1 vote/person, but the inherent radomness of the RVS makes it very likely that at least one person will get multiple random votes and others will get none. This is either a misunderstanding of statistics, or the worst attack ever.

Imiknorris:
Everyone: If you can fly the ship, please say so.
Why? Ohhhhhh, I get it.

Now I see. Dopps want off the station just like town does. Meaning they need a pilot alive just like town does, meaning they want to know who not to NK. Clevah guhl.

So your vote is based on WIFOM? What is this, IronyOwl?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2012, 05:17:46 pm »

Toaster:
Urist I:  I fail to see how it's relevant.  You were asked about them, and you responded with wanton paranoia.
I was asked if I expect to see any potentially hostile factions other than dopps or xenos. I always expect the worst, because it would frankly be irresponsible to hope something bad doesn't happen.

And you never answered my question about how a hivemind could threaten my nefarious plans.

Then you accuse me of lame crap, and ignore it when your scumbuddy does it.
The accusation was completely non-serious. Your reaction to it was rather telling, though. You declare two people to be scum because one of them was saying stupid things at you? Christ, I wasn't even voting you for it.

IronyOwl:
Imiknorris:
Everyone: If you can fly the ship, please say so.
Why? Ohhhhhh, I get it.

Now I see. Dopps want off the station just like town does. Meaning they need a pilot alive just like town does, meaning they want to know who not to NK. Clevah guhl.
So... How would the dopps have known about the necessity of a pilot unless they had one themselves?

Make up your mind, scum. Is it scummier or not?
Neither of them register much at all to me as scumtells.

ToonyMan: You're both my bestest bro and my greatest foe.

Zrk2:
Uh, no it doesn't. The laws of probability dictate an average of 1 vote/person, but the inherent radomness of the RVS makes it very likely that at least one person will get multiple random votes and others will get none. This is either a misunderstanding of statistics, or the worst attack ever.
You win a prize! The prize is... nothing!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2012, 05:45:10 pm »

Zrk2:

Aw! Sweet! Thanks man! No really, what the fuck was that?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2012, 06:16:55 pm »

Okay, so I've read over the last Bastard Paranormal and I'm hoping that has prepared me to deal with this one.  I assume that the flavor mention of 6 sections and then a hangar is significant.

Meph:  Does each "run" phase put us one section closer to the hangar? 
Code: [Select]
Given this rudamentary map: [0][1][2][3][4][5][6][H]Are we in section 0, or section 1 (or in-between sections) right now?
Assuming there aren't mechanics to delay us advancing a section per run phase, would we reach the hangar on rest 7?  Or if my math is off, which rest period would leave us at the hangar?
Once we reach the hangar, does the "end of game" processing happen immediately, or is there another phase?

Ahh, crap.  Running out of time to post.  Will have to come back to this tonight.

My gut feeling is that Imiknorris may be telling the truth about being a pilot, since he brought up the point first.  However, is NativeForeigner really a pilot, or is he a dopp trying to get lynch protection?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2012, 06:29:55 pm »

Assuming your understanding of how this station is laid out is correct, you should reach the hanger on the Sixth Rest phase. What happens then will depend on the current situation.
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2012, 07:18:48 pm »

My guess is that there will be a second main phase after the sixth rest phase.  Also yeah unvote Jim Tostado-bro.

Zrk2:
Probably because after reading that quote I understand nothing.

However, is NativeForeigner really a pilot, or is he a dopp trying to get lynch protection?
This is really indirect attack Shakerag.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2012, 07:29:12 pm »

Assuming your understanding of how this station is laid out is correct, you should reach the hanger on the Sixth Rest phase. What happens then will depend on the current situation.
This suggests me that our first objective should be to make it to D6, that town can't win before then. Either we last for the duration and get to the ship, or we get killed/captured in transit. Then again, who knows.

Toaster: How do you think lack of PMs will affect the flow of the game?
I don't think they're heavily utilized in a normal game, but it'll give certain bastards less opportunity to be bastards *cough*.  It'll just have to be something to work with.
What effect will being able to talk at "night" have on the game?
Heh. Yeah. About talking at night, I'm not sure... I wonder if it will mess with action sequence -- instead of the standard sequence, maybe some sort of ability to react/correct night actions based on what's being said on thread. Pure speculation at this point, but sounds... different, for sure.

IronyOwl, Flandre, Tolyk: If you were scumbuddies with vanilla roles, which one of you would you prefer execute the night kill? Why?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2012, 07:59:24 pm »

The whole idea behind leaving someone behind is for them to slow down your chasers so the rest of you escape. If you decide not to leave anyone behind, you are more likely to get a bunch of you caught. At least, that's what's happened so far during this escape.

On a tie vote noone is left behind.

Someone who cannot run will probably be recaptured.

That's... interesting.  It's really in no one's interest to no-lynch.

Urist I:  A hostile vote block?  No, there's no way that could interfere with the scum team.   Nope.

You don't have to be voting me to be scum.  Flandre was a reaction test.  She responded in a non-scummy way (IE she ignored it because it had no real meat.)  You're a lynch vote though, so no worries.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2012, 08:38:31 pm »

Zrk2:
Probably because after reading that quote I understand nothing.

Urist cut out my first quote there before replying, and we've gone from that so far, but he still hasn't answered me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 63