Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63]

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187660 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!
« Reply #930 on: April 02, 2012, 12:00:13 pm »

Was there any special effect for leaving a dopp behind? A little bit of violence followed by a lot more violence followed by some dead guards and a taser?

The dopps generally gave the guards a harder time, but there weren't any real game effects. The only players that would change things from a game perspective were the scum players, who acted as if the day had been extended since they don't slow down guards any.

@Dariush: The ships the Xenos are in that capture people happen to allow the prisoners to watch the cockpit (and the pilot to watch them). It's a small ship, and apparently the Xenos don't think about their prisoners being able to figure it out. Arrogant, I guess.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 02, 2012, 12:08:54 pm »

Or at the very least don't think the prisoners can get to the ship.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 02, 2012, 12:13:34 pm »

@Dariush: The ships the Xenos are in that capture people happen to allow the prisoners to watch the cockpit (and the pilot to watch them). It's a small ship, and apparently the Xenos don't think about their prisoners being able to figure it out. Arrogant, I guess.
A small ship that a team of healthy humans (and dopps) have to spend A WEEK to get across? Why do you strain my suspension of disbelief so hard? :(

Edit: actually wait, you said we were on a station. So... we were able to watch... a cockpit of a ship... that's a week's running away... and somehow figure out how to pilot it? Or watch the cockpit of the station and figure out how to pilot a ship from it?

Gah, my brain.

Well, that... kinda makes some sense. But please make more logical explanations next time, Meph. :(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:15:56 pm by Dariush »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 02, 2012, 12:14:40 pm »

We spent a week trying to get across the station.

The ship they use to shuttle prisoners is the one thats small.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 02, 2012, 12:18:16 pm »

We didn't need a week. When the hell did we learn that we ran for a whole day each time?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 02, 2012, 12:21:21 pm »

There's that as well.

But the fact that we had to run at all is irrelevant to the size of the ship we were looking to get to is my point.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 02, 2012, 12:39:22 pm »

More to the point, the Scientists figured this stuff out while being transported to the station initially. They're not figuring anything out while running, they just thought that they had a chance of piloting the ship once they got to it. So while it's a bad ship design on the Xeno's part, I don't see anything illogical about it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 02, 2012, 03:27:29 pm »

Plus, as the traitors and flavor implied, the xenos aren't especially hostile to their guests, just intent on not letting them leave and performing various experiments on them. It might not even occur to them that letting a prisoner figure out how to fly a ship is a bad thing.

Anyway, yes! Very fun. Though it seems a bit harsh to have being lynched or NK'd result in losing like that.

Also, that mass vote at the end would have been fascinating. Pity we took care of business before then. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63]