Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60983 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: Things continue as forseen
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2012, 12:40:43 pm »

"Nah, I'm not looking for someone. Not now, and likely not later. Thank you for your concern though Milady." Tavius finished eating, standing up from his chair when he did.

"Now, I should get to work, thank you for the breakfast, it was lovely."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2012, 12:48:54 pm »

"Your welcome, Tavius. Off you can go then, you're dismissed.

and, I doubt I have to warn you to stay sharp-we're going after bigger game now, you and I. There's more to gain...more to lose."

With that, Avery's turned back to her breakfast. When she turned back to look, Tavius was gone...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: INCOMING!
« Reply #272 on: April 25, 2012, 06:53:13 am »

House Nova

Aeverys

On your orders money is pumped into the Arena and soon it is a large Wooden Construction. On the streets Market Criers advertise the new arena and the oncoming fights. People are of course flooding the Arena and soon it is filled to the brim again. The gladitorial fights have become popular and soon you are approached by a group of merchants and businessmen. They are highly interested in this new sport and have many ideas. They want to establish a gladiator guild, promising to train your convicts and xeno-slaves and even volunteers to make the fights more exciting, for that however they need your permission and funding to build gladitorial schools.

As soon as they depart Malcador approaches you. My Lady, these gladitorial guilds would surely attract even more people. But the interference of the guilds might wrestle your control over the whole thing away. Personally i would suggest that you allow these guilds but raise a tax for the income they make off their gladiators. Thus we could press even more money out of the arenas...

But the arena business seems to busy alot of people nowadays, soon another merchant appears and makes the suggestion of bringing animals into the battles. He has traveled the world and knows many a strange animal on Si'kar that might be interesting to fight and which the people would pay to see. With proper funding he could establish trade routes to bring these exotic animals here and even moreso establish some Animal Trainers and so on, of course His guild would pay taxes.

And then a bulk of aggravated citizens enter your palace. "my Queen, we want a bigger arena it's nigh-impossible to get a palce nowadays and those are worth a  months income!" another bold butcher steps forward. "My Lady i have to travel 2 weeks to the Arena each time i want to see a battle, can't you establish more arenas in your lands?" As the guards shoo the citizens out again Malcador leans over.

Mylady, i would suggest to not only to contract a single builder but rather making the building of a larger Arena an official affair to get lower prices. Sort of a contest between the architects and the builder-guilds.

((rolled a 99 here))Your establishment of a Medical Guild runs perfectly. Malcador was able to sway most of the different groups of Doctors, Witches, midwives and so on through the intelligent use of a few credits. Sniffing chances to get more influence and money they eagerly started to work together and soon a common Medical Guild is established. They help your researchers in finishing up the Universal Guide to Medicine (now known as Codex Medicae) and establish rules and requirements to become a member of the Ordos Medicae as they have come to call themselves.

The establishment of a central hospital turns out to be more of a problem. What the Medicae's demand and what Malcador is willing to spend without first asking you is at large odds. They demand a Medical school to be integrated, housing places for medical students, a large ward for injured people, a massive herb garden, a Quarantine wing for untreatable sicknesses and so on and so on. All in all teh construction fo such a behemoth would consume 100 Credits of its own.

You also begin funding on the research and extraction of Oil and Coal and soon your researchers approach you again. They have devised machines to properly extract the Coal and use it in transportation devices. They call it train. It allows very fast transportation via iron rails. However to establish this in a way that it becomes useful for public and state you need to fund vast minign operations of Iron and Coal, then you need to contract People who will begin to establish a railroad system and an industry to build these rails and trains. And then you need people who need to drive them. On the Oil front they haven't discovered anything new...

You also being to pump money into the establishment of law and order into the newly conquered areas. It soon turns out that this, is turning out to be a greater feat than you are prepared for. While Church Officals have taken care of education and thus taken a bit of the weight of your shoulders, you still have problems beyond counting. Malcador approaches you and tells you that first of all a proper infrastructure must be established. A Horse Messenger service or Messenger Birds could take care of that until a railroad is established. Your brainstorming is disturbed by the appeareance of the Minor Nobles, surrounding your lands. Malcador reminds you that they are independent from you and thus should be treated with a measure of respect. Especially since they have taken over late King Renards land and prove now to be a threat when united. Their main problem becomes clear easily. The lack of law, order, health and food in the Reaches is unbearable and even affect their own lands. They offer you to take care of the policing and the law giving in your lands until you have done something about it. They don't care as long as you finally do something about it. Otherwise they will claim these lands so neglected by you and reign them properly.

My suggestion would be to appoint our own nobles for these lands. Look at Roims army,they are emptying our coffers dangerously fast, i suggest we disband them and as an award to their services anoint them as Knights and let them take care of law, order and policing in the Reaches. Or you could turn the military into Guards and appoint the officers as judges.

You march out with your massive army to hunt bandits. To no avail. in fact your massive army can be seen from kilometres giving bandits time enough to pack up and leave. In fact morale sinks as you travel with your army and officers began to complain that they haven't seen their families and homes since they were drafter into service by Roim, The Pancreator knows how long ago. As you return from your fruitless crusade Malcador awaits you with a solemn look on his face. "Mylady...our treasury is emptying rapidly,

Outcomes:

30 Credits lost
Gained Tech: Basic Medicine
Gained Tech: Railroads
built Wooden Arena
You established the Ordos Medicae Guild.
Gained Support of: Ordos Medicae
Aeverys Support Gain: +20%

Your infiltration skills don't abandon you and soon you find yourself in the higher echelons of the church...as cupbearer. However as you scour through Luthias past life you find no evidence of him being the murderer, he was taken in by Garth in young years, and soon became his right hand. Apparently he seems to be a devout reformist and that you are not the only one sniffing in his private life and past. One evening when you try to access Luthias private files, you find yourself hiding in a closet as another person enters the room. It turns out to be another cupbearer and as you soon find out a member of the Ecclesia Iudicatores...the Inquisition. Apart from that you can't find out much more...

Ssalosin

no actions...

Ssalosin Support Loss: 1%

Rigos

The notion that your soldiers may patrol the Raventree lands is ridiculous. Lady Raventree is not pleased. not. one. bit. You and your men are chased of her lands and you find yourself searching for Lord Raventree. Who is actually quite easy to find following his track of hanged people. Every village you pass through the central tree is crowded with hanged people and if none exists the side of the road is crowded with gallows. After 4 villages into House Nova Lands you find him and his men, hanging even more bandits. You are more or less welcomed by his men. Lord Raventree himself is seated in the middle of the small village the village oak behind him already filled with a dozen corpses hanging from it. His power armor (an ancient model as you notice) is in perfect shape and it's black color gived him a rather intimidating look
" So finally after a whole year House Nova has decided to send someone to take care of the justice in THEIR OWN Lands? By rights i should hang you and your men right next to these poarchers,rapers and bandits. Do you even have the slightest idea how Roin left these lands? Since one year i am out here and campaign through YOUR lands to clear them out of bandits and do what your Lady Aeverys should do herself..."

Research and Side-Missions:

Side-Mission: First, do not Harm Unified Medicinal Guide, Medical Guild, Hospital System
Side-Mission:Opium for the Masses Wooden Arena, Gladiatorial Schools, Animals, Bigger Arenas, Nation-Wide Arenas
Side-Mission: Full-Steam into the Future Coal-Processing and Railroad invented Production Facilities, Nation-Wide Railroad-System
Side-Mission: The Broken Empire Local Law-Systems, Guards, Infrastructure
Side-Mission: Money does indeed stink Fertilizers development and mass production...

Events

Random Events:
nothing of note happened

Stability:
You are missing a proper Law-System
You are missing proper Infrastructure
You are missing Police Forces

Bandits are flooding the lands
The Minor Nobles are displeased and overworked
The Mob is eyeing your new reign suspiciously, although they are mildly optimistic
The Xeno-Slaves are content
Morale is dropping in the Army due to lacking payment
Your Coffers are running low
The Ordos Medicae demands a Headquarter
The Medical Breakthrough caused a Population Boom (+9 Units of Population in the Core Lands((only applies to humans)))

House Nova

Influence: Small
Church Standing:Friendly
Coffers:
Technologic Artifacts:6 Units

Technology
Aerodynamics
Rifling
Basic Medicine
Railroads

Military
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Status Planet Si'kar:

Control:
Church: 20%
House Nova: 35%
Minor Noble Houses: 15%
Feudal Kingdoms: 5%
Primitive Xenos: 9%
unexplored/claimed:18,0%

Population under your Influence:
Inhabitants: 151 Units, 6 Unit Xenos ( 1 Unit = 1.000.000 people)
Stability: unstable
Religion: 98% Cult, 1% Agnostic, 1% Animalistic
Healthcare: tolerable
Education: Abysmal

Support:

Ssalosin: 9 %
Aeverys: 40%
Rigos: 10%
Undecided: 41%

House Guard Loyality: Ssalosin/Rigos
Power Armor Loyality: Rigos/Aeverys
House Military Loyality: Aeverys
Church Support: Aeverys
Advisor Malcador: Neutral
Minor Nobles: Neutral
Slaves: Neutral
Ordos Medicae: Aeverys

Infrastructure:
Spoiler:  Core Lands (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Reaches (click to show/hide)

Economy:
Agriculture: (144 Unit populace, 5 Unit Xenos)
Sustenance Farming:  282 Units
Basic Farming Economy: 6 Units
Slave Farming: 10 Units
Consumption: 151 Units
Stores: 148 Units
------------------------------------------------------------
Stores: 295 Units +147 Units Growth

Entertainment: ( 1 Unit Populace, 1 Unit Xenos)
Base Income: 10 Credits
Interspecies Fights: +10 Credits

Geological: (2 Units populace)
Income: 2 Credits

Industry: (2 Units populace)
Income: 2 Credits

Farming:
Basic Farming Economy (3 Units): 3 Credits

Treasury:

Coffers:                   242 Credits
Facility Maintenance:   8 Credits
Geological Income: 2 Credits
Industrial Income:  2 Credits
Farming Income:     3 Credits
Ent. Income:          20 Credits
Taxes:                   151 Credits
Soldier Pay:           206 Credits

Spoiler:  Soma System (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:16:59 pm by Ghazkull »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 26, 2012, 03:31:07 pm »

Update basically Done, Church Turn is missing and any guys who want to join should pm me now: Azthor and Adwarf i mean you both...seeing as kestrel seems to be MIA you can both join as Nobles...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 26, 2012, 03:43:47 pm »

Eliminate the inquisitor, abandon this position. Start eliminating any high-ranking people of interest if they express views favourable to expanded church power within House Nova lands.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2012, 07:00:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2012, 06:05:58 pm »

Happenings on Si'Kar:

Education and Faith for the People

Nova lands shook lately from the thousands of Clerical feet wandering with determination through their lands. The Ecclesia Sacerdoris and the Ecclesia Scriptoris established Elementary Clerical Schools and Basic Faith Structures all over the Country in mere Months.

Exploratoris Fleet sighted

On the Borders of House Nova a Massive Explorator Army was sighted as they prowled into the direction of the yet unkown lands. Rumours have it that they stumbled upon more Aliens and...a Shipyard...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:43:16 pm by Ghazkull »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 29, 2012, 05:47:21 am »

The world contained many more xenos than was initially expected. Too many. And the resources contained there were simply too valuable to be left alone. House Nova was more than busy with administration of its own land. While a lot of resources have fallen into thier hands, in thier current state Averys traded in her moblility and spare resources for a big and unwieldy country that she was forced to manage.

Luthias was free to act.
Thought of a crusade was more than enticing, and the resources that he could offer to the nobility of the land  were more than what anyone on this world had. Absolution form sins, eternal glory, imperial technology, free land, things that House Nova could never offer in their current state. Expanding the hold in the lands of the nobility was a prerequisite however, and they were rather uneasy with giving away land. Offering them land in return for help on the other hand would seem as a double blessing. suspicions might arise, but why would one question motives of the servant of the Church?

Send in Ecclesia Sacerdoris to the noble lands and kingdoms (20%) to carry out similar mission as in Nova lands with temples and schools. Collect tithe there. Organise another meeting to discuss potential crusade into the the land explored by the Church. Land seized there will be in majority earmarked for the nobility as a reward for the crusade. organise a regiment of "church knights"- young noblemen invited for church service in exchange for blessings and use of imperial weponary and tech (provided I have any to spare. If not then call it off).

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:30:55 am by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: a Wild Frigate appears
« Reply #278 on: April 30, 2012, 07:58:19 am »

updates done, people you can post Oo

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 30, 2012, 08:04:34 am »

Honestly, I've been putting my update off while I chew through all the math and decisions. :X
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2012, 08:15:32 am »

Honestly, I've been putting my update off while I chew through all the math and decisions. :X

I must admit, Ghaz made ruling a quite hefty task to say the least. But i'm not complaining. i'm a fan of bit more "detailed" settings and games.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2012, 08:23:45 am »

you complain about ruling? YOu want to know how long it takes to update? XDDDD

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2012, 08:50:52 am »

I'm not the one who made up the rules :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:41 am »

Avery's had so much work to do lately...

~Orders~

1. Disband 150 Units Militia, issue back pay vouchers (to be paid off in the next 'turn' or so), start sending draftees back home who want to go. Avery's Warpriests and the Church are instructed to assist disbanded soldiers with finding jobs and keeping the faith, so they don't turn to crime.

Military orders for now are to play defense, not attacking, but trapping and pursuing any bandit forces that approach cities, mines etc. 

2. Allow guilds in the Arena, but do not raise taxes on them yet-tell them we're going easy on them for now, allowing them to invest in further construction and bringing in bigger crowds. Do not fund trade routes out of pocket for exotic animals-any money they get from us is considered a loan, to be paid back with interest. Expand the Arena, Build the Gladiator Schools, and encourage the guilds to take expansion of arenas to other parts of the empire as a business boon.

3. Primary investing in an expansion of our infrastructure, As Malcador suggests.

4. Pump funding into our iron and coal mining operations.

5. From the ranks of disbanded army militia, form a policing force, so they have jobs.

6. Make a constitution for the people-one that guarantees basic law, freedom and order to all Human citizens of Averys and Roims kingdom (minus Xenos and/or slaves :P ). Begin constructing town halls and courts in our cities, to go along with the new police. Avery's travels about personally to the largest cities, giving speeches to big crowds to this effect, making sure to get the message to everyone.

--------

I must admit, Ghaz made ruling a quite hefty task to say the least. But i'm not complaining. i'm a fan of bit more "detailed" settings and games.

Psh, you've got easy mode, Ardas.

Do you even have to worry about how much money you spend, or do you just have a bottomless church warchest? :P
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:03:14 am by Dwarmin »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2012, 11:05:53 am »

Lets just say that Averys won't be able to interfere in my plans anytime soon... ;D
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 89