Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60985 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: a Wild Frigate appears
« Reply #285 on: April 30, 2012, 11:36:27 am »

Oh you'll still get interference Ardas, you still will :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 30, 2012, 12:09:06 pm »

let's just say that Church mechanics have their own trappings...;P and are about as complex if not even more complex ( adding to them in the following turns bwahaha) than yours :D

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2012, 12:38:17 pm »

sorry for double post: adwarf you are in and you can post, Azthor still waiting on your character...

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: Things continue as forseen
« Reply #288 on: April 30, 2012, 03:42:09 pm »

Name: Azthor
Faction: House Nova (Noble)
Appereance: 6 ft; 198 lbs; caucasian; large; bald (grey); full beard.

Bio: paternal great uncle to Ssalosin and Aeverys's father, the family's former patriarch, Azthor has always been a staunch progressist; a skilled strategist and statesmen, he did not have the luck of being the firstborn, but easily conformed to his brother and nephew's reign while protecting the family's interests from the sidelines. Now the House faces its greatest challenge, to rise or fade in obscurity with the relics of old, and Azthor will surely have a place in guiding it amongst the incoming wave of changes.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:27:36 pm by Azthor »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 30, 2012, 03:56:40 pm »

Unspecified Time, Throne Room of House Nova

Trent throws open the doors to the throne room, and quickly walks up the great hall towards Aeverys, his hood is up, and covers his face from those who have turned to look in his direction and the pitch black cloak drags along the ground just behind his feet as he walks. As he arrives in front of the two thrones, and his presence finally draws the attention of the guards, and Aeverys herself. With a slight grin Trent throws back his hood, and starts "Long time no see cousin, is this how you usually meet a relative you haven't seen in years?" His grin widens a bit at his words, and the twin medallion around his neck, holding both the House Nova symbol, and the House Salyar symbol, a great dragon twined around a spear, finally glints in the light.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2012, 12:32:28 pm »

Averys was surprised. She really hadn't seen the young man in a long time-not for five years or so.

She motioned to him off handedly.

"Calling you a relative is quite a stretch, Trent. Your inkling of House Nova blood, does not give you power here. Though, you do have my promise of safe conduct...for now."

Roim, seated beside her with his hand slowly and lovingly kneading Avery's hip, surveyed the young man with a air of boredom. His eyes widened slightly as he saw the Salyar symbol, and he smiled.

"Ho. You bring the symbol of a dead house, young man. I would know-I killed it myself. Your father should have paid his dues to me. Pity. I enjoyed the wine that came from your estate...now I've got the only bottles they'll ever make, anyway.

I remember...my forces spared no one they found, no man, woman or child. Well, we kept some of the women, of course.

I've always wondered how you got away. Tell us how, why don't you?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2012, 02:41:46 pm »

Trent scowled slightly as Roim spoke to him, but his facial expression quickly changed as he began to speak, "It was during the last hours of your attacks upon our estate, as your soldiers slaughtered my people, and my Father rallied what was left of his court for one last stand against you. My caretaker, and guardian, Lilian Esgrow, was ordered to take me, and flee through the hidden passages of my house in case of such attacks, my Father would not come for he found his duty to his people greater then he could leave. As your soldiers battered down the gates to our Great Hall my Father ushered me, Lilian, and the last of our people into the hidden passages, and as the passage was sealed I watched as my Father led barely twelve men against the horde you had at your command." Trent paused, and grasped the medallion lightly in his hand before quickly taking it back away.

Taking a sharp breath he continued, "As your troops fought against my Father, and his retainers the remainder of my house fled, those of them left went to the areas where the Church's influences were strongest, as for me I left to places few here have seen. As of now I am the only one of House Salyar that still stays true to there roots, the rest are to afraid to show who they are for fear of being hunted down by your men to finish what you started long ago." As Trent finished he eyed the room, checking for any strange movements, but seeing none he gave another grin, and finished it off, "Anyway, I've come to help you in your Goals cousin, and hopefully fulfill mine in the process."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2012, 03:24:32 pm »

Averys thought for a moment.

"Surely, and you're not here for revenge, then? Any man would seek it. How can I trust you?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2012, 03:30:40 pm »

"I won't say I don't hold a grudge against Roim, but as it stands I don't have the power to kill him, and anyways if I am a vassal of House Nova then I can easily enough achieve my dream of bringing the people of this world to the stars beyond." Trent replied with a smile of his face.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2012, 03:46:00 pm »

Roim put a hand on his chin, grinning ferally.

"Very well, scion of a dead house. You will serve House Nova. You will Serve me.

And, when you want your revenge...I'll be ready.

Otherwise, any hint of actual treachery will result in your execution-when and if you come for me, do so openly.

Should I say it more politely?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2012, 03:51:51 pm »

"If I ever see the need to take your life Roim then I will kill you, if you wish it to be openly so be it. Now if you'll excuse me I have assets to arrange." Trent says before bowing slightly to Aeverys before turning, and walking out of the room.

Find, and recruit several groups of highly-educated individuals, and scientists to begin my research project.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 05, 2012, 06:44:21 pm »

*cough

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 08, 2012, 07:49:36 am »

Ok Azthor,Kestrel and Riccto are still missing, if they don't post soonish i just update anyway...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2012, 09:19:44 am »

Haven't seen them in a while, some of them are missing from YaK too.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 08, 2012, 09:06:11 pm »

Sorry for being missing for SOOOOOOOOOO Long. I thought this was dead....
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 89