Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60980 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: Things continue as forseen
« Reply #240 on: April 08, 2012, 05:17:08 pm »

"Well, lets not get ahead of ourselves. This is but a plan, and while we agree on common points, we should not spoil it by running ahead of events. I will support the legitimacy of your domain, yes.
Also, would it be possible for Ecclesia Scriptoris to have access to your artifacts and research? They are our reseachers and librarians. Two heads are better than one and I would be willing to help out in anything complicated for the common benefit. No doubt you have received a delegation of my brothes from off-world, and as such Church has much to offer."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 08, 2012, 05:21:52 pm »

Avery's nodded again.

"What knowledge we have is available to available for the Scriptoris to document. We can agree to a sharing of information, as long as it is done in confidence.

As for artifacts, we have found nothing particularly interesting as of yet-hopefully with the help of the church and the expansion of our lands, we can begin to uncover what was left behind."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 08, 2012, 05:30:39 pm »

Luthias smiled.

I believe we have the major points agreed then. now , if you don't mind me speaking off-business....

Luthias encouraged a small conversation and a bit of light discussion, and afterwards bid the pair good night. He had a long way back home, and he hoped to aquire one of the long-distance vox units from off-world if he was to hold serious control on this world.

-------------------------------
Deploy missionaries and priests to Nova territory. Set up churches and shrines and begin education and worship, with emphasis on Church supremacy.
Send Scriptoris officials as permament attachment to Nova science team to document and publish data for Luthias.

((Those are just additional two things, if you don't mind. I won't be doing anything else this turn, so others can do whatever they want))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:36:00 pm by Ardas »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 08, 2012, 05:46:31 pm »

Averys and Roim watched him go.

Roim spoke first. "...I don't trust him. Soft hands.

Doubt he's ever done a day of honest labor in his life. Men like him send others to their deaths from the safety of a tent."

Averys was inclined to agree.

"Likely enough. He's no Garth, that's for sure. Hardly half the man.

Let's hope he's here to do the Pancreators work...and not his own. We'll work with him, for now."

The couple ate in companionable silence for  a few moments, before turning to lighter matters.

"It's been a long day." Roim says, stretching-and grinning.

"Too long. Pancreator bless these nights-at least, we have those to ourselves..." Averys said, matching his grin with her own.

As decorum stated, they would be the last to leave...the absence of Rigos was a bit troubling. They would wait a bit for him to show and give his report.

Actions: Avery's own solder-priests help with the Church's new construction-and make careful reports.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:49:12 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 08, 2012, 06:04:39 pm »

((Considering how succession works, would it be possible for me to be the other two's uncle?))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 09, 2012, 06:27:35 am »

Wait...you could, you coul also play the Minor Noble Raventree and join them...you could also play an of yet unkown brother, a cousin, anything at all actually as long as you belong to the house

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2012, 08:31:42 am »

While Aeverys feast is happening:

Raventree Castle

[94!!!] "Indeed my dear Rigos our House would propably profit from such an endeavour." The Lady throws you an passionate look. "Lord Raventree has been away for soo long, i feel very alone lately..."

Renard's Camp

Assassination Attempt
bad morale: +10 to all tests for Tavius
Military Camp and Fortifications: -10 on all test concerning targeting due to sight obstructions from fortifications and assorted personnel strolling around the king

As you scout out the camp you see movement, the cavalry is mounting and the King has left his tent. [59+10 =69] you find a suitable spot soon enough, due to the camps necessity to stay hidden it has been build in a natural depression allowing you to take a heightened position in a tree among a hill. [79+10= 89] The guards don't notice you while you clamber up the tree and take a firing position. The King has meanwhile mounted a horse. Tavius slowly raises his sniper rifle...aims [44-10 =33] and his target is obstructed by knight taking a place next to Renard. Meanwhile more Knights begin to assemble around the King and the Vanguard has already left the camp. You aim again [91-10 = 81] and can get a clear shot at his head. [68] Nobody sees the treacherous glint on a tree in the distance. You press the trigger [45] and that very moment the King leans sideways to talk to one of his retainers. [99 Oo] But through sheer luck the bullet still hits him in his spine. Like a wet sack the king dropped sideways and on his retainer. The next moment all hell breaks loose panicked guards shield their King while others flee in terror, others again scream at the Xenos, who blame this on the animal spirits. The chaos is perfect, you just don't know if the king is dead...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2012, 11:01:26 am »

Set off the horses of the cavalry into a stampede, then fall into the shadows and return to House Nova's captial.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 10, 2012, 12:52:37 pm »

Rigos looks down to his chrome plated hand, flexing it slowly and finally nodding as he hears what he wants to hear.He hardly glances over to her as he responds.

"You know my Hilde yes? I imagine you've met her. She would not appreciate this advance and neither would your husband and neither do I. Maybe once I am older and feeling more lecherous but not today. I am just here for business."

Rigos struts outside as he meets with his two personal regiments.
Regiment 1: Patrol Lady Raventree's lands as a policeforce. Half of the Regiment would work minor infrastructure improvements.

Regiment 2: Led by Rigos: Head out searching for Lord Raventree and do battle with the bandits.
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 10, 2012, 02:57:52 pm »

Deazar had served Renard since the he was just a kid, for over thirty years he had protected the lord of that nation, and he would be damned if he let this one die. Even if his lord was dead he would find a way to bring him back, no matter what, "My lord's allies do not fear tit to be the wrath of your gods, it is most likely the work of one of the foul assassins of House Nova in the name of their false god! Do not let them panic you for when you do they win, and is that the warriors your gods placed upon this world!?" After that he quickly turned to the man beside him, and said "See to the lord, get our best medics, witch doctors, everyone with decent medical skills on seeing if they can't save his life, then order two of our infantry battalions to scour the surrounding area, find the bastard that has done this to our lord.

Do above orders, and continue to try, and calm the chaos while seeing to the protection of the lord, or his corpse if that is what remains.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 13, 2012, 06:36:33 am »

((OOC: Azthor? Are you joining in or not? I would like to update...))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2012, 08:05:52 am »

Tavius

[51+20] As you sneak towards the kennels for the Cavalry you are spotted by a guard rushing...somewhere. Luckily he seems to be somewhere completely else with his thoughts otherwise you would have been screwed. [71] To your luck the Kennels are currently only guarded by a single man. [73] You slowly manage to sneak up behind him, although for one moment it seemed that he would turn around. [26] However your silent kill turns into frantic stabbing of the guards face as he turns around in the moment you want to slice his throat. Screaming he falls over. [47] You hide between the animals as a squad of Guards approaches. [31] Quickly you begin to cut the ropes holding the horses but suddenly you feel the point of a sword against your back. "No wrong movements scum!". As you slowly turn around you realize that he is not alone, a comrade is pointing his spear at you too. [96] However these two guards prove to be no threat to you. You grab the first guard by his wrist and pull him over, while at the same time using your knife to deflect the tip of the spear, then grabbing it by it's handle and janking it out of the guards hands. Before he can emit a shout you throw your knife at him, cutting his throat open and silencing him for good. As the other Guard tries to stand up you pin him to the ground with the spear and than end his life with a quick swing of his own sword. As you are freeing the horses, you suddenly realize that in an adjacent kennel the gigant beetles ,the Xenos use, are situated. [37] you try to scare them off but realize that a mere clap on the massive backs of these beasts will not impress them. [44] Drawing your pistol you fire a silenced shots in one of the beetles legs, causign it to rip down the kennel and scaring the horses, which now begin to panic. As they start throwing themselves against the fencing you suddenly realize that you are still among them. [51] You barely manage to get out of the way before they trample you, only to land amidst the giant-beetles. [78] This time you are more careful and press your way to the back of the kennel where you use your rifle this time. A quick shot into the legs of one of the beasts is enough. Screeching they break down the flimsy fencing and run off into the Rebel Camp. [11] However the rest of the soldier squad has finally found you. [95] Luckily 3 of them get trampled, leaving you only with 2 to deal with. [96] You have enough of close combat for the day and quickly dispatch them wiht your silenced pistol before their spears come into stabbing vicinity. You decide to leave the camp to itself and let things unfold.

Renard's Guard

[9]"False God? False God? WHO is this heretic and why does he think he can order us around?" screams one of the Lords. Seems like you hit the wrong string here." Not enough that the King went insane with his rebellion against the Church, no he also allied himself with these beasts here and now you tell me that the Pancreator is a false god." yep...definetly the wrong string. [8] Suddenly the guttural voice of one of the Xenos can be heard. "Beast? You Steelmen dare to call me Beast? Without the sacrifices of our clans you'd be dead!" "Oh yeah, well time then that we sacrifice you all, maybe we can get out of this misery then!" "Then come here Steelman, i will offer your heart to the the Great Beetle!" with this both of them charge at each other, weapons drawn, followed by their retinues. At least they are too occupied with themselves to take care of you. [13] However shit hits the fan when the bug/horse stampede dives amidst the fighting groups. [6] While you grab the king and try to drag him to a safer place you see a massive beetle coming directly at you. [55] You barely manage to dive out of the way, dragging the king with you. As you regain your footing you begin to lose all hope: The Chaos is complete, men and Xenos alike are tearing at each others throats, the bugs are trampling the camp down and everywhere are dead and wounded people. [67] Luckily you find at least one other Bodyguard of the King, who immediately helps you to get Renard to a medicus. [93] To your Unbelief you find the Medicus Tent completely intact, with the doctor hiding within. After quick persuasion he agrees to diagnose the King. [25] After a quick diagnose he tells you that he can do nothing anymore. " His spine has been shattered by the will of the Gods, all i can do is give him the milk of the poppy toease his pain..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2012, 08:38:12 am »

@Ghaz: Can Tavius be assumed to get back to House Nova lands safely yet? Also, Rp'ing Avery's reaction to the inevitable news :P

--------------------------------------

Averys was smiling more lately-both the fake kind, and the real kind. Her drive to avenge Garths murder, one. Her pleasant surprise at having found King Roim, a more than suitable husband and mate.

She wasn't grinning when she read the report though.

...disorder in Renards camp...units observed to be in-fighting....border raids down substantially...possible mutiny by Second in Command [Name pending investigation]?

Logged, Interrogation of Xeno Heretic "Alw'yui', performed by Battle Chaplain Richardus Whitehook.

"...The Steel King was struck down by the Gods. He was felled from the splitting air...we were fools to follow him."

*interrogator asks again, is Renard dead?*

"...I saw him fall, with my eyes. Yes! No..wait...I'm not lying...no, not agai..."

*Record paused for 10 minutes*

"...they took him into a palisade...I do not know! He drew air, yes. But, he was feeding the earth...mmm, bleeding, yes. He could not walk. I heard them say his root was broken...ah, I do not know what you cal it! He was broken, yes. We were broken! They started killing each other...I cut my battle-brothers own throat to survive. He would have killed me...I had no choice...

....What more, what more do you need from me?!"

*Interrogator thanks Xeno for his cooperation, and executes him. Body is given purity rites and burned, in accordance with an honorable captive.*

Avery's laid it aside, and leaned back in bed. Roim's rumbling snores (which didn't bother her-in fact, she sort of liked it) broke the otherwise perfect silence of the house. She spent some time contemplating. Renard was, for now, of no threat to her. His forces were scattered-the Xeno's would kill anyone, she mused, who didn't abandon him. Maybe. Dead or crippled? That was the question...after all, even crippled Needle Snakes can still bite, was an old saying in the wastes.

She would have to move quickly, now. Tear down any attempts to rebuild by his nascent followers...

Her thoughts flowed away from strategy. She wondered if Tavius had escaped. By all accounts, his mission was a near-complete success. Little matter if he died...well, Averys supposed he would show up, sooner rather than later. That man was never late for a payday. She was glad to have given him the sigil of House Nova-one every highly ranked officer in her army would recognize. If he really was in trouble, he would merely have to find her forces, show it them, and they would be inclined to aid him.

Though, she would view it's use as somewhat unprofessional, no matter for what reason. Tavius was supposed to be the best-and he probably wouldn't need to rely on it.

These thoughts carried Avery's into a dreamless sleep, her head resting on Roims chest.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:43:16 am by Dwarmin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2012, 02:20:01 pm »

Snip
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:54:44 pm by adwarf »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 16, 2012, 02:54:09 pm »

((OOC: nope that is it, your men either deserted you or are dead...))
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 89