Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Endless RTD - Steampunk Nazi Fiasco  (Read 55948 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Endless RTD - Let the Madness Begin!
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2011, 02:46:12 pm »

See the changes to the wound system here.

Turn 7 - Derm's Shame
Grab my crap, re clothe myself, and flip through the book for a good offensive spell.
(...) "The fuck just happened? WHY AM I NAKED?"
Hiding your Dwarven Shame, you run over to the side of the building and pick up all of your items. Unfortunately, your cloak popped like a balloon when you transformed into that horrible mutant, so you have to improvise yourself a new one. You hurry inside the tavern and rip the pink curtains off the window, draping it around you as a new cloak!

Necromancers don't do offensive spells, you should know this.

The Nazi Soldiers are getting dangerously close! You can hear them coming down the street!
Search the nearby area for entrances into the Steam Nazi Death Cloud, and try at least to find some ambush worthy cover if we can't find a way in. Failing that, pray to the gods for the power of invisibility.
"Chaps! We need to get to cover and get patched up. And we need to get going! We haven't spanked a single Steam Nazi yet! Come on boys!"
You run around for a moment, looking for an entrance to the underworks of the fortress. Unable to find one, you decide to get everyone into cover. (...) You grab Fekod and begin to drag him into the tavern, just managing to get him through the threshold of the front door. You consider praying to the Gods for invisibility, but decide that can wait.
Attempt to follow with the group and BY ALL THAT IS HOLY, SOMEONE HEAL ME. oh, and don't forget to take my arm with me.
(...) You thrash and squirm on the ground, unable to move. Hilda comes to your aid, dragging you along the ground toward the tavern. You try to grab your arm, but are unable to reach it!
Use first aid on Fedok, then James, then Derm.
(...) You head inside after the others, closing the tavern door behind you. Working quickly, you disinfect Fekod's wound and place a tourniquet on the small stump of remaining arm. You then bandage the arm! Good as new! James seems to be preoccupied outside and Derm has no wounds in need of medical attention, so you decide to bandage up Hilda's head, using up the last of your "disinfectant" and bandages. Also good as new!
Scavenge anything that could be used as a weapon and follow the group. Hide our tracks...As much as that is possible.
(...) You fail to find any weapons, so you decide to head inside the tavern with the others. Immediately, of course, you slip. The Nazi Soldiers are just around the corner, so you call on your elite ninja skillz and dive into a nearby barrel!

The Nazi Soldiers storm around the corner, carrying automatic weapons of some kind! There are about a dozen of them.

A Nazi wearing a fancier uniform than the others signals for the the others to stop, then steps forward and bends over. He picks up the severed dwarf arm in the middle of the street, following the trail of blood to the tavern with his eyes. He then signals toward the tavern. The soldiers begin marching toward the front door.

Status

Player: lawastooshort
Name: Hilda J Gherkin PhD (Agent Rouge)
Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio | Pain-Poms | Bandages
Wounds: [HP:95/100] | Heavy Bleeding
Skills: Misc. Object Usage | One-Two Punch

Player: BullDog
Name: Zack The White (Agent Pearl)
Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | White Robes
Wounds: [HP:100/100]
Skills: First Aid | Light of Lumithos | Incandescent Orb

Player: dermonster
Name: Derm (Agent Fuchsia)
Bio
Inventory: Pink Cloak | Tome of Eldritch Lore | Ritual Dagger | Booze Bottle
Wounds: [HP:56/100]
Skills: Necromancy | Raise Minion | Morph Undead

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Fekod "The Master Explodinator" (Agent Pewter)
Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Plastic Explosives x1 | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce | Hard Liquor | Bandages
Wounds: [HP:80/100] Missing Left Eye | Missing Left Arm | Broken Leg | Very Heavy Bleeding
Skills: Explosives Expert

Player: micelus
Name: Baron James Ostal (Agent Heliotrope)
Bio
Inventory: Skeleton Key | Balaclava | Cloak | Grappling Hook
Wounds: [HP:61/100] Heavy Bruising | Heavy Bleeding x2
Skills: Master Thief
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2011, 03:18:13 pm »

Find or make an escape rout through the back!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2011, 04:32:59 pm »

"Chaps! The Steam Nazis are coming! We need to MOVE! NOW! Come on Fekod, hop on!"

Help Derm find or make an escape route through the back. Ponder whether now is the time to do that praying about invisibility.

Edit: Crap, Fekod's my only hope against Dwarven Post-Mortem Bad Stuff happening to me friend.

Pick Fekod up and carry him over my shoulders to the escape route Derm is finding or making throught the back. Help him look for a crutch on the way.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:11:36 am by lawastooshort »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2011, 10:57:48 pm »

Limp after the group and try to find a suitable crutch on the way.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2011, 11:16:40 pm »

James could hear something...Soldiers. Nazis...Well better to wait them out, than try and escape.

Wait. Cover barrel if needed.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:44:58 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Endless RTD - Steampunk Nazi Fiasco
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2011, 12:06:32 am »

Grab some more "medical" booze, then help Derm.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2011, 08:39:11 pm »

Jeez, this is starting to get tense. :o

Turn 8 - Close Call at The Citadel Tavern
Find or make an escape rout through the back!
(...) Well, there's that employee's entrance in the back of the storeroom. You run to the rear of the tavern and open the door! On the other side you find the troop transport, still where you left it.
Pick Fekod up and carry him over my shoulders to the escape route Derm is finding or making throught the back. Help him look for a crutch on the way.
(...) "Chaps! The Steam Nazis are coming! We need to MOVE! NOW!"
You begin to head for the back of the tavern, but the image of Derm creepily licking his lips at you enters your mind, followed by Fekod's promise.
"Come on Fekod, hop on!"
You pick up Fekod and move with him, across the dust-strewn tavern and toward Derm in the back room.
Limp after the group and try to find a suitable crutch on the way.
(...) You fall limp, forcing Hilda to drag you along the ground toward the back room. As a result, you only make it partway into the storeroom.
Wait. Cover barrel if needed.
(...) In your solitude inside the barrel, you suddenly remember some crucial details about the mission! The citadel is composed of three parts: the city, which is rumored to have once been land-borne, the underworks, which comprise the maintenance facilities of the main fortress, and the Führerturm, a massive inverted tower housing the control center and officer's quarters.

The underworks of the citadel can be accessed from multiple points around the city, and the Führerturm may be accessed through the underworks or the main entrance in the Reich Chancellery. The city is less heavily guarded than the underworks tunnels, but the Reich Chancellery entrance is more closely guarded than the underworks entrances.

All evidence points to the trans-dimensional travel device being housed within the Führerturm's main complex.
Grab some more "medical" booze, then help Derm.
(...) You head toward the basement to get some nicely-aged wine. That's good for wounds, right? Riiiiiight. One step later, you tumble down the stairs into the basement and slam into a wine rack! The rack begins to tip over, and you roll out of the way just in time!

The Nazi Soldiers break down the front door and file into the front room, their weapons raised!

Hilda pulls Fekod upright and flattens herself against the storeroom wall, hiding around the corner and out of sight of the Nazis. The leader of the group again looks at the ground, following a set of bloody footprints across the floor...

A deafening racket from downstairs startles the group of Nazis: the sound of shattering glass! The Nazis head toward the stairs and begin descending into the basement!

Status

Bio
Wounds: [HP:99/100] | Heavy Bleeding

Bio

Bio
Wounds: [HP:60/100]

Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Plastic Explosives x1 | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce | Hard Liquor | Bandages
Wounds: [HP:84/100] Missing Left Eye | Missing Left Arm | Broken Leg | Very Heavy Bleeding

Bio
Wounds: [HP:51/100] Heavy Bleeding x2
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2011, 09:08:14 pm »

Fekods eyes widen as he realizes what has happened and that Zack now has the attention of all the Nazis.
No. It better not go down like that. You'd better be praying, Zack.
Wait until as many Nazis as possible start heading down the stairs, then fire the final explosive down the stairwell, angling it so it will explode on the way down.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2011, 09:35:38 pm »

Derm eyes Fekods determination.
"Eh, he's a light god bastard, but he saved my life. Never say I didn't at least attempt to pay back debts. Nog n'gha! Nog n'ghft!"
Charge Fekods explosive shot with necromantic power.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2011, 12:32:27 am »

Ah, yes the Underworks...If a few accidents were to happen down there, the whole place could come crashing down! Now are the soldiers gone...?

James peeks out of the barrels and finds the Nazis gone. Went to chase the group in the building, he guessed.

Climb out of the barrel and head to the Underworks.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2011, 12:36:08 am »

Hide as far from the stairs as possible, and pray to Lumithos for protection!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2011, 04:27:27 am »

"Oh gosh! Steam Nazis!"

As soon as Fekod's explosives explode, rush down the stairs, pain-poms at the ready, and acrobatically pain-pom the hell out of any surviving Steam Nazis, stopping occasionally to pose and stretch. If Zack needs help try to then carry him up the stairs on my back after finishing off the Nazis.

((It was that or strap the pain-poms to the explosives before Fekod threw them!))

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2011, 03:25:22 pm »

All your actions have just been invalidated by a certain turn of events, so this turn is going into overtime! Update your actions accordingly!

Turn 8.5 - It Got Worse
Wait until as many Nazis as possible start heading down the stairs, then fire the final explosive down the stairwell, angling it so it will explode on the way down.
(...) The explosive, fizzling slightly, limply flies out of the end of the cannon and lands in the middle of the storeroom. Next to a big pile of barrels filled with explosive materials.

The fuse on the C4 packet continues to burn. You have ten seconds.

Status

Bio
Wounds: [HP:99/100] | Heavy Bleeding

Bio

Bio
Wounds: [HP:60/100]

Bio
Wounds: [HP:84/100] Missing Left Eye | Missing Left Arm | Broken Leg | Very Heavy Bleeding

Bio
Wounds: [HP:51/100] Heavy Bleeding x2
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2011, 03:28:31 pm »

"Dark gods help me!"
Pick it up and throw it way the hell away from us, preferably towards the Nazi bastards. Duck and cover!

Incidentally, you may want to help me with this.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:35:06 pm by dermonster »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2011, 03:32:48 pm »

Wait, what was that smell? Oh wait...Explosives! Run!

Run down to the Underworks. Take the first entrance.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23