Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75399 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 13/14]
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2011, 03:46:11 pm »

*Palm to face*
How did I manage to forget that? Sorry Flandre, it is a quarter to seven in the morning here.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2011, 03:47:46 pm »

What are you getting at?

No matter what I can think of I can't escape how dumb it is.

Surprise me with your intelligent reasons.
If all townies are millers*
And Jim is not a miller
Then Jim is not a townie

Seemless logic even a trained monkey could get. The problem is the * in there, and as such your free from being a real suspect unless people keep flipping miller.

Seemless (sic) logic?

. . .

Right.

You've turned the rule into the exception. What makes you think all townies are going to be millers? And why do you have it out for me instead of the other ten people who haven't claimed miller?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2011, 03:51:22 pm »

Like I said, your question about what made me think I am a miller made me think you might have been trying to gauge what a miller is to judge against your own PM, and if your flavour makes you think you could be a miller if it was more clear, maybe you are something clearly worse.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2011, 03:56:09 pm »

When the mod advises to read the flavour for detective work, it would be foolish to ignore it.
Also, It's like being part of a murder mystery book, how could you not be getting in on the flavour? That is like going on a roller coaster and not screaming on the loops.
So basically you're doing that because you like it more than scum hunting ?

My pm was not very short, I just felt most of it was not pertinet to Max's questions.  For example, I also saw a man run through some woods, but that hardly seems noteworthy on its own.  I really don't see how my post could be taken as building credibity when it makes me look like a quiet stranger.
Well i don't see why you should be worried about revealing flavor text, even if it makes you "suspicious" it's only flavor text after all.

What's the inn name ?
What is the inn name, Simple?
Hmm ? I don't get why you fos'd me but anyway it looks like nobody pm mentioned my inn name so : name's Flaming Hen.

Max White:Sooo... You just produced a complete and unbelievable theory out of thin air and based your suspicions on it ? Besides that i'm also pretty sure i'm not a miller.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2011, 03:58:33 pm »

Like I said, your question about what made me think I am a miller made me think you might have been trying to gauge what a miller is to judge against your own PM, and if your flavour makes you think you could be a miller if it was more clear, maybe you are something clearly worse.

I asked you to clarify because you were vague about it.

I also don't really see the logic in this. To clarify, you think that I 1) Fished for miller flavor, 2) To compare against my own flavor, 3) So I can find out if I'm scum or not.

Am I getting this right?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2011, 04:00:51 pm »

Considering that scum are witches, it would rather be expected that the traditional millers would be some females which are interested in books. Putting actual millers as miller role is quite illogical (considering you fit the rest of the game so neatly together).
Dariush: Were you trying to connect real-world, or in-game genders to roles?

To clear things up, I am a girl playing as a male character.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2011, 04:02:57 pm »

My pm was not very short, I just felt most of it was not pertinet to Max's questions.  For example, I also saw a man run through some woods, but that hardly seems noteworthy on its own.  I really don't see how my post could be taken as building credibity when it makes me look like a quiet stranger.
Well i don't see why you should be worried about revealing flavor text, even if it makes you "suspicious" it's only flavor text after all.
Much of what we are discussing involves hidden details that are relevant. It is not only flavor text, in other words.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2011, 04:13:47 pm »

Max White:Sooo... You just produced a complete and unbelievable theory out of thin air and based your suspicions on it ? Besides that i'm also pretty sure i'm not a miller.
Yes, I did. Well I don't think it is entirely impossible, but it is some pretty big speculation, thus blue instead of red.
Is there something wrong with somebody speculating in a closed game type, when there is a way to test out such a speculation?

I asked you to clarify because you were vague about it.

I also don't really see the logic in this. To clarify, you think that I 1) Fished for miller flavor, 2) To compare against my own flavor, 3) So I can find out if I'm scum or not.

Am I getting this right?
Yea, maybe. If my PM isn't telling me explicitly I am a miller, would a witch aligned know for sure? I mean the scum chat would be the obvious thing, but what about somebody who is scum without the chat?

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2011, 04:24:10 pm »

-snip-
Much of what we are discussing involves hidden details that are relevant. It is not only flavor text, in other words.
What i meant was that if you're townie revealing flavor shouldn't be a big problem unless you have some really game-changing information to share that could be completely false.
And if the flavor gives us information it's even more important to share it with town.
Even if it incriminates you in some way it's not enough ( at least for me ) to make you next for lynching.

Hell have it :

Spoiler: Intro PM Summary : (click to show/hide)

Yes, I did. Well I don't think it is entirely impossible, but it is some pretty big speculation, thus blue instead of red.
Is there something wrong with somebody speculating in a closed game type, when there is a way to test out such a speculation?
And how would you test it ?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2011, 04:35:20 pm »

Keep playing as normal, wait to see if we get a flood of millers or a mix of roles, easy.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2011, 04:37:00 pm »

Yea, maybe. If my PM isn't telling me explicitly I am a miller, would a witch aligned know for sure? I mean the scum chat would be the obvious thing, but what about somebody who is scum without the chat?

Wouldn't the win conditions give it away? Unless you're suggesting that the scum team doesn't know they're a team or that they're scum, in which case, that's way too brutal for only a semi-bastard.

Which makes your reason for suspecting me completely absurd.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2011, 04:38:11 pm »

*Checks PM*
Oh yea, the wincon is clearly defined for us... Crap. Never mind.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2011, 06:27:48 pm »

Welp.

Think0028, who do you suspect?
Vector, who do you suspect?
Toaster, who do you suspect?
Dariush, who do you suspect?
Pandarsenic, who do you suspect?
TolyK, who do you suspect?
UristMcArathos, who do you suspect?
IronyOwl, who do you suspect?
Flandre, who do you suspect?
Simple, who do you suspect?
Ottofar, who do you suspect?
Max White, who do you suspect?

The deadline's tomorrow again and nobody's any closer to finding a lynch. This has been one of the most active but least productive Day 1s I've seen in a while.

With nothing else to go off of I'm perfectly happy to lynch players who are apparently playing but have not posted, i.e., TolyK and/or Pandarsenic.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2011, 06:31:43 pm »

Well as I'm left thinking your innocent, I'm going with Urist. Having said that, Tol and Panda are active? I would hate to think that posting in scum chat counts as playing.
Panda: Are you out there?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2011, 09:53:53 pm »

Straight to business, eh?

Well, I don't have any solid leads, but I am definitely suspicious of Tolyk and Pandar (their prolonged absence through RVS is of concern, but not in and of itself evidence of anything), and Simple, a bit.

There's not much hard evidence anywhere, though.

Why shouldn't I be worried?  As we've already discussed, the flavor text may be more important than we're giving credit.  What if my flavor text reveals I'm a power role to someone else?  What if that person I spotted running through the woods is an SK, or Scum?  If I reveal I know something that may damn them later, they can choose to hide it (or worse, use that knowledge against Town).

I think you're being a little irresponsible to just throw out all the (potentially) important info given to you where the scum can see it, and to expect others to be so reckless. 
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39