Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75340 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]
« Reply #570 on: September 09, 2011, 08:10:53 pm »

Very fun game, LNCP! I would definitely love to play again. And did anyone believe my fakeclaim? At all?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 09, 2011, 08:12:03 pm »

About being witch aligned but not a witch?
Not at first, I was sure it was BS, but then Toaster came up, and I figured there would be at least one witch aligned or it wouldn't come up as a wincon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 09, 2011, 08:15:51 pm »

Never assume that just because something is mentioned means it exists, especially in a semi-bastard.

Consider Supernatural 1- Toony was a Vampire Hunter- he could vig or inspect to see if someone was a Vampire.  There wasn't a single vampire in the game.

Think:  I semi-bought it for a while, but mainly because I didn't put much thought into it being BS until later.  I did know that if it was indeed true, then Simple was the real witch, and I was screwed.

Also, my initial inspect usually got very little to work with.  Pandar's was essentially useless- it mentioned a jeweler's note, but without context, I had zero to go by.  If he had been around come claim time, he would have had to come up with some way to explain it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 09, 2011, 09:29:40 pm »

Seconded.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 09, 2011, 09:30:33 pm »

Thirded!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 10, 2011, 06:24:48 am »

Fourthed. Epic game.
Also! Dariush, why didn't you kill N0? I didn't because I was hoping to masquerade as a vig (which wouldn't have worked anyway, since Flandre would have disposed of me to make sure) or at least not reveal the presence of an SK so soon.
My role PM mentioned that using ritual would leave a fall-off and may result in my death, so I decided not to risk so early.
Were you telling the truth about your wincon at the end?
Yep.

What really sucked was that I bought the Think's claim at first, panicked and constructed a bullshit tower about wizard also being in town. Pretty soon I realized he was bullshitting too fucking hard, but by then it was too late :(

Also, QT still doesn't work for me. ARGHfuckingFUCK.

Also, killing Toaster N3 was
SO
FUCKING
SATISFYING.

Revenge is sweet, and revenge for causing me to lose a game this epic is even sweeter.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:41:55 am by Dariush »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 10, 2011, 06:53:13 am »

Haha, thanks. Would never have guessed the game would go over so well. >.>

I'll go make an archival request over in that thread, then.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 10, 2011, 06:54:26 am »

Seriously? Game was fucking awesome.
Inspired me some what.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]