Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75375 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 13/14]
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2011, 10:13:15 pm »

Why shouldn't I be worried?  As we've already discussed, the flavor text may be more important than we're giving credit.  What if my flavor text reveals I'm a power role to someone else?  What if that person I spotted running through the woods is an SK, or Scum?  If I reveal I know something that may damn them later, they can choose to hide it (or worse, use that knowledge against Town).
Then why did you choose to reveal that you saw a man running through the forest?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2011, 10:17:37 pm »

Because, as I said, I don't think it IS important, since all I saw was a glimpse of a man running somewhere.  I still have kept the majority of my PM to myself.  It was a hypothetical, more to the point.  I proposed a number of "what if" scenarios to demonstrate WHY I don't think we should handle our PMs flippantly.  Sure, mine may be quite boring, but what if someone knows that, for example, the Doctor loves his scotch, and another person is pressured into revealing they have lots of scotch in their cellar?  Saying "your PM isn't something to be secret about unless you're scum" seems like a flimsy argument in a game where the Mod has established flavor text may, in fact, be quite important. 

Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2011, 10:18:32 pm »

Extend.

Urist:  Fair enough on your vote.

Why Simple?  What would make you vote a lurker over someone active you're suspicious of?  Are you more suspicious of Pandar or TolyK?

Jim:  At this point, I have no real leads.  This is one of those D1s where I get muddled and lost.  I don't even suspect Dariush yet, and that's unusual for me!

Who do you suspect?

Flandre:  How do you define active lurking?

Max:  Do you find said revelation suspicious?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2011, 10:27:09 pm »

Toaster

I'm not voting anyone at the moment, simply because I don't feel anything I have is solid enough to back a lynch, and we're clearly moving out of RVS.  I'm definitely suspicious of Pandar and Tolyk, but all I have on them is lurking.  It's annoying and suspicious, but fairly hollow (Bd lurked himself to death and was Town, for instance).  I wouldn't say at this point I'm MORE suspicious of Simple, I just wonder why he was trying to twist my words a bit, and why he seems so casual with information that we were told may be important.  Again, nothing solid there either, hence why I won't vote for him.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2011, 11:43:51 pm »

I'm not attending to hunting until tomorrow morning, but I'm going to request that we keep from wasting our energy on Pandar until we verify whether or not he's actually playing in this.  He requested universal replacement a little bit back, and I haven't seen him post since.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2011, 12:08:54 am »

Extend I guess.

Jim:  At this point, I have no real leads.  This is one of those D1s where I get muddled and lost.  I don't even suspect Dariush yet, and that's unusual for me!

Who do you suspect?

If TolyK and Pandarsenic were actually lurking lordnincompoop's automatic lurker system would've dealt with them. (I love seeing lurkers get modkilled!) They have been prodded. I take it to mean that they're capable of playing, but aren't for some reason.

Meanwhile Max White is suspecting people for tremendously speculative reasons. Apparently semi-bastard is enough to entertain any ludicrous notion.

All of these are very weak. I'm perfectly fine lynching complete unknowns if no better option presents itself. I'm trying to get that better option to present itself. When all everybody does is sit on their hands and look at each other nothing seems to come out.

I'm not attending to hunting until tomorrow morning, but I'm going to request that we keep from wasting our energy on Pandar until we verify whether or not he's actually playing in this.  He requested universal replacement a little bit back, and I haven't seen him post since.

He was prodded. I assume Bdthemag was also prodded, but Bdthemag got the modkill. Something's different with Pandarsenic. Maybe he responded to the PM while Bdthemag didn't. If he did he should play.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2011, 12:13:32 am »

I believe BD's is a reference to a similar system employed in Web's BYOR.  I don't think it holds for everyone, necessarily.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2011, 12:24:10 am »

Max:  Do you find said revelation suspicious?
I do a little. At first he insists that there is nothing more to he's role, but then when I point out a lack of detail he decides to inform us of the most interesting thing any bodies role has given yet, and then decides to keep quiet but insist he's role has all sorts of interesting things that he isn't telling us about.

If a player thinks it is best to keep flavour to themselves, well so be it, but Urist has been inconsistent with he's stance, and seemed to bend every time there was a little pressure on him.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2011, 12:56:56 am »

Ok, firstly, anybody know how many hours the day has been going for? While Bd may have had a anti-lurk system built in, I'm wondering about the other two. Would it be possible for them to get this far without posting? If not, I'm more then fine with lynching either of them.

Apart from that, not a huge amount has revealed itself. Are we all a little scared of the unknown? I hope not! Get busy living or get busy dying! Extend, I guess.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2011, 01:00:22 am »

10. Please make an effort to post at least once daily.  If you do not post for 36 hours, you will be prodded.  If I don’t hear from you within 24 more hours, you will be replaced and/or modkilled.

It's vague on what counts for being heard from, but it looks like it's a general rule.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2011, 01:06:00 am »

Extend.

Dariush: Fair enough, I guess. Unvote. And semi-bastard is how LNCP described it when he was pitching it, and it has a better ring than semi-closed.

Max: Hrm. I'm not sure lack of info is so solid a ground to attack on, given how unsubstantial my PM is. Question:
Jim: Do you think you are a mason (sic)? Protip, now is a very good time to be honest.
Why'd you throw in the bolded part? I see you were riding your theory that 'all villagers are millers, all non-millers are scum' at the time, but why so desperate about it?

Jim: I don't have any leads. This is honestly kinda making me disappointed with myself.

Flandre: What do you think about Max now, after your vote for him earlier?

Spoiler: P.S. Flandre (click to show/hide)
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2011, 01:15:03 am »

Jim mentioned earlier that he wouldn't outright claim if he got miller, I wanted to press that if he was a miller, he really should, as if he was I would be further drawn to the idea that all townies are millers.

Also, two people think they are millers, and a third was confirmed to be one. Three millers seems like a lot to start off with, I'm still wondering if there are more. LNCP either wanted to weaken the cop with millers, give us wine to drink when there is no cop, or make a puzzle out of having all the town inspect as scum and the scum inspect as town.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 18, 2011, 06:29:54 am »

I will post somewhere around noon (EST), guys. I was busy last night with flute orders to my music store!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 14/14]
« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2011, 06:46:16 am »

Votecount

Think0028  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 0 - 
Pandarsenic  - 2 -  Ottofar, Max White,
TolyK  - 2 -  Simple, Jim Groovester,
Urist_McArathos  - 1 -  Dariush,
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Flandre  - 2 -  IronyOwl, Think0028,
Simple  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 0 - 
Jim Groovester  - 0 - 
Max White  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 6 -  TolyK, Vector, Pandarsenic, Flandre, Urist_McArathos, Toaster,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 3 -  Jim Groovester, Toaster, Think0028
Shorten  - 0 - 

TolyK is up for Replace.

The Day will end Thursday, 8PM GMT.

You need 5 players to Extend and 8 players to Shorten.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:27:25 am by lordnincompoop »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2011, 07:01:26 am »

Tolyk is up for a replace and not Panda?
Unless he can explain himself before the end of the day, or also needs a replace, my vote is a lynching vote.

LNCP: Unless something is going on I don't understand, that is my vote on Panda, not he's own.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39