Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 59355 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: Thrills and Spills (Experimental Thread)
« Reply #255 on: November 27, 2011, 03:34:47 pm »

Like no way I'm going to be held ransom. Seduce some girl and make her help me escape. wait what no that's not my style.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 27, 2011, 03:43:39 pm »

Send off a messenger and warn South tower. Gather a medium sized force and march to the northeast. Keep a scout ahead at all times so as to know when we draw near.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 27, 2011, 03:44:53 pm »

Sir Aaron turned to one of his men, and said "Take a message to the Duke. Tell him I march to war, and I request his assistance. My men head to the North-East we will draw the enemy to us even if we must sacrifice ourselves in the process. In the mean time I request you send men into the plains, and destroy any camps there. Once that is done muster all your men, and march forth into the forests, and mountains to finish this."

With that the peasent mounted his horse, and was off riding towards to horizon,and towards Kardun.

Aaron knew he had little hope of winning the coming battle, but that was not his job. His job was to ensure his people lived, and his life was a sacrifice worth giving if he could save his people.

Continue the march along the river. Once he arrived near the enemy encampment he would send 700 Peasant Levies to the east of it, and 700 to the west of the Camp.There they would prepare fire traps, spike pits, and numerous other traps to aid in the camps destruction.
His men would work on building rows of trenches, and dirt walls all across the landscape along with rows of sharpened spike logs, and there he would set up camp

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 27, 2011, 03:46:12 pm »

Duke Taricus recruits a unit of Ducal guard, and orders the construction of a grand market. Then, he marches north with the guards, knights and mounted sergeants, leaving behind the house armsmen and the pikemen at Kardrun.

May modify this once I know what a merchant's guild does
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 27, 2011, 04:25:43 pm »

"All right boys, let's go home. We have families to get back to and a celebration to attend!" Pasha leads his troops home. Once there, he puts 2500 of the captured loot away for the future and spends the remaining 500 to throw a party in the Outpost courtyard. His men deserve to feel appreciated, he felt, and it would give the newly-freed slaves a chance to acclimate to the townspeople.

Quoted to use as this turn's action but with a slight modification.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2011, 08:43:37 pm »

Send in scouts, keep the main force under cover.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 28, 2011, 09:41:07 am »

Grand Strategy System and Player Thinking Test - TURN 3

The Borderlands, End of Spring/Beginning of Summer, First Year

MAP OF THE WEST (Spoilered, for your own good.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate
"All right boys, let's go home. We have families to get back to and a celebration to attend!" Pasha leads his troops home. Once there, he puts 2500 of the captured loot away for the future and spends the remaining 500 to throw a party in the Outpost courtyard. His men deserve to feel appreciated, he felt, and it would give the newly-freed slaves a chance to acclimate to the townspeople.

The journey back to Ashfire Outpost goes quickly. If any Mountain Men stragglers survived, they do not make themselves known. Summer approaches, and the snows of the long winter are melting fast. Soon the great fields of white will recede into the north, only to spill forth again in the winter months.

The Master of the Outpost gives generously from his loot, having a grand feast held in the outpost courtyard. Performers and passing travellers are hired by the dozens to provide entertainment, and people flock from all over the region to enjoy the celebration, cementing Pasha's reputation in the land. For one night, the people can forget the threat of the Mountain Men.

Pasha's men are more than grateful as well. Who would ever abandon a man who treats his men so well?

His guests bring worrying news as well. More and more Mountain Men patrols have been sighted around Scuvne. The town is far away and defended only by a handful of Lord Bareom's men – who, while a brave man, cannot stand against a larger force forever.

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

---

Draignean
Send in scouts, keep the main force under cover.

[5] The Margrave isn't in a rush. He carefully scouts every inch of the enemy camp for weeks, stopping only when their woodland patrols get too thick. This will give him an immense advantage in battle.

Draignean will receive a +2 to Positioning and +1 to Battle Rolls when he attacks the camp.

[3] The Margrave receives a surprise visitor in the form of one of his best spies – but not good enough, as his men find him skewered by Mountain Men patrols. While he's passed on already, they retrieve the message he was carrying. It is encrypted, meant for the Margrave's eyes only.

It seems a multitude of things have happened since he was last in civilized lands. Many of the lords of the land have followed his example and led armies into the wilds to combat the Mountain Men threat, to varying results. Lord Darvi, the old man of the North Tower, was defeated and taken captive by these barbarians, who now demand a ransom. The Duke himself seems to intend to march north any day now – but the reason changes with whoever's telling the tale.

In more worrying news, Lord Bareom of Scuvne has been defeated and driven into the thick forests beneath his lands – almost directly north of here. This was the last pigeon from the informant in Scuvne - there's no telling if the town still stands.

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

MAP OF THE EAST
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Taricus
Duke Taricus recruits a unit of Ducal guard, and orders the construction of a grand market. Then, he marches north with the guards, knights and mounted sergeants, leaving behind the house armsmen and the pikemen at Kardrun.

Duke Taricus of Kardrun has had enough. His lords are running around in pursuit of some dirty, half-naked barbarians, and even worse, losing to and getting captured by such mobs. It is time to ride out, to put an end to this menace and bring his vassals back in line.

He did not become Duke only for the title. Kardrun has housed the barracks of the Ducal Guard for hundreds of years, and he does not wish to put the space to waste. Taricus orders the recruitment of a thousand Ducal Guard, to be hand-picked from his bravest armsmen and troops, to be clad in the finest armor available, to be be given the best warhorses in this cold and bleak land. To bring peace and prosperity in his abscence, Taricus charges the merchants of the city with the creation of a Grand Market, funding them generously.

Finally, at the end of Spring, the Duke is ready, and rides out with a host of seven thousand veteran knights and guards. Whoever wishes to oppose them will soon regret that decision.

Only a few days out of the city, an exhausted peasant on a horse approaches the camp – with a message from Sir Aaron, his cousin. The fool has done what so many of these idiots have – gone out to the wilds to battle against the Mountain Men. He asks for support in the western mountains.

[4] The situation in the south remains relatively peaceful, for better or worse.

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

---

dermonster
Send off a messenger and warn South tower. Gather a medium sized force and march to the northeast. Keep a scout ahead at all times so as to know when we draw near.

Sir Derm sends a messenger for South Tower, warning him of the danger in the mountains. [?] There's no telling if he received it or not, but he decides to march out regardless. The troops under his command seem to be glad to be heading out, and he senses a general change in morale.

They march for several long weeks, the snows retreating before them, travelling to the hills bordering the mountain just north of South Tower. There is no sight of Count Amman's men – but his scouts report a Mountain Men has left here just a week earlier and is headed somewhere into the mountains.

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

---

adwarf
Continue the march along the river. Once he arrived near the enemy encampment he would send 700 Peasant Levies to the east of it, and 700 to the west of the Camp.There they would prepare fire traps, spike pits, and numerous other traps to aid in the camps destruction.
His men would work on building rows of trenches, and dirt walls all across the landscape along with rows of sharpened spike logs, and there he would set up camp

A messenger is sent for Kardrun, to ask for the Duke's assistance.

Sir Aaron continues marching along the river, though he makes little progress – the mountains are steep and the path narrow, and the forest makes it hard to make out where they're supposed to be going.

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

---

Darvi
Like no way I'm going to be held ransom. Seduce some girl and make her help me escape. wait what no that's not my style.

[2] Lord Darvi begins to think of a plan to escape, after rejecting an offer of help from a beautiful peasant girl. Like he'd need any help!

Of course, he could really use the girl's offer of cutting his ropes. The barbarians keep him under heavy guard all day and tie him up again each night. He wakes with every part of his body sore, and his skin bruised and cut from the stones the younger warriors throw at him to pass the time.

[3] The knights of the North Tower are ready to come save him, but the Lord's useless wimp of a brother advocates caution – if they could best the best pikemen in the North, they stand no chance. Of course, Lord Darvi has no idea of this, and waits for someone to come rescue him.

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

---

I'm currently rethinking Merchant Guilds, so they're of no use atm, I'm afraid.

Adwarf, I figured you didn't want to do those things yet as you're not that close to the camp yet. Moving through mountains is bad enough, but when those mountains are also forested...

It is now Summer. Your funds and supplies have been adjusted accordingly.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:00:27 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 28, 2011, 10:10:21 am »

After reviewing their supplies, Pasha buys 1500¤ worth, leaving him with 5000. (4400+5000=9400-5600 = 3800 spare.) Next, he raises a peasant levy and sends all the Peasants - along with 1800s - to reinforce Lord Bareom. He also orders the area just southwest of the town be converted to farmland and spends 2000 to accomplish this.

Playing it cautiously for the moment.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 28, 2011, 10:20:24 am »

Head north to exterminate these worthless mountain men holding Lord Darvi captive (If we win, we also kill Lord Darvi, making it look like the mountain men killed him. He sends a messenger back to Kardrun to tell the whoever is in charge while he's away to purchase 6000¤ worth in supplies (If possible).
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 28, 2011, 10:21:35 am »

Punch Taric in the face to establish infuriation.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 28, 2011, 11:51:10 am »

You messed up the spoiler tags, Unless suddenly I have Adwarf under my direct command in my status, in which case, ADWARF! move your shit south east!

March to the north-north east! Again, keep scouts ahead at all times.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 28, 2011, 01:35:11 pm »

Assault the camp, pincer movement. User spy information to time it for the moment of greatest advantage.

Pincer Sol
1500 Peasants
1400 Knights

Pincer Luna (Lead personally By the Margrave.)
1500 Knights
1000 Peasants

Have the peasants back in Two Kings buy up two years worth of supplies.

((Would I currently have the resources to send up message to Serious' char?))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:44:55 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2011, 01:59:45 pm »

You messed up the spoiler tags, Unless suddenly I have Adwarf under my direct command in my status, in which case, ADWARF! move your shit south east!

March to the north-north east! Again, keep scouts ahead at all times.

Damn, again? Fixing.

((Would I currently have the resources to send up message to Serious' char?))

Sending a messenger is free, but if he gets there is decided by dice roll. You could attach some troops to protect him if you're worried.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2011, 02:04:10 pm »

I'm spymaster, I don't have a homing pigeon tucked into my gorget?
---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2011, 02:05:52 pm »

I'm spymaster, I don't have a homing pigeon tucked into my gorget?

Point, you probably have several 'friends' in Ashfire Outpost ready to receive one. You'll receive a +2 to the roll.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35