Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: RTD Testing Thread: 5 Positions open. Science doesn't die.  (Read 59358 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Testing Thread: Thrills and Spills (Experimental Thread)
« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2011, 03:15:26 pm »

I thinkI have enough units to reliably Flank the enemy

You need to leave atleast one unit to face the enemy normally, actually. Flanking gets harder the more troops you have, not easier. One flanking unit is -1 to the tactics roll, two are -2 and so on. This is because the enemy can see the main bulk of your army and will notice if the majority of them suddenly disappear to the side.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:21:16 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2011, 03:25:47 pm »

Ooooh.

Regular Attack then.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2011, 06:29:34 pm »

Ha! I have the advantage. I'm only -1 on Positioning and even out on Battle Roll because I am a brilliant man. :3 Before I write the turn, let me ask: is it possible to, I dunno, set up a whole bunch of fire traps as pre-battle strategy, feign retreat for the first turn, and then light them up next turn? :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2011, 06:30:37 pm »

Ha! I have the advantage. I'm only -1 on Positioning and even out on Battle Roll because I am a brilliant man. :3 Before I write the turn, let me ask: is it possible to, I dunno, set up a whole bunch of fire traps as pre-battle strategy, feign retreat for the first turn, and then light them up next turn? :3

You have seen the last samurai waayyy too many times.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2011, 06:37:53 pm »

I dispute that claim on the basis I have never seen that particular Tom Cruise film, but I have seen the Sun Tzu / Vlad the Impaler episode of Deadliest Warrior. (Protip: Drac won.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2011, 06:42:49 pm »

I dispute that claim on the basis I have never seen that particular Tom Cruise film, but I have seen the Sun Tzu / Vlad the Impaler episode of Deadliest Warrior. (Protip: Drac won.)

Really? They use the exact trick that you just described. Fun Stuff.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2011, 07:07:15 pm »

Well, they're ripping off the guy who wrote the Art of War then. ^^^

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2011, 07:08:53 pm »

Of course, one should rip off Sun Tzu whenever possible, like ripping off Musashi Miyamoto.

The Best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
---

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2011, 11:18:39 pm »

Of course, one should rip off Sun Tzu whenever possible, like ripping off Musashi Miyamoto.

The Best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
Sun Tzu is the closest thing to a God of War. He was a brilliant strategist, tactician, and commander at all times.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2011, 11:21:07 pm »

and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, herded them onto a boat, and beat the crap out of every single one.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2011, 11:25:20 pm »

And then, according to Deadliest Warrior Legends, he spin kicks people like William Wallace in the head so hard their skull goes flying like this is 40d or some shit.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 27, 2011, 03:29:51 am »

If you'd have the right materials, then sure. It would function as an extra attack at the enemy, no matter your battle rolls.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 27, 2011, 03:35:18 am »

Do I already have the right materials, or will it cost cash to deploy the fire traps?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 27, 2011, 03:41:23 am »

I'm thinking you'll have to burn supplies for it. Say, 1000s for a firetrap attack of 1-4p lethal, 1-15p morale? I might tweak it after waking up properly, but use that for now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 27, 2011, 04:03:49 am »

OK. I'll enact this plan then.

Before the battle, Pasha set up multiple fire traps, then collared a few runners. "Tell the men to lure them to our current position. Feign a retreat."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35