Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Peasant Fort Sucession (Skills Schmills, skilled labour is for elves!)  (Read 10719 times)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

Idea: everyone has every labor enabled.

Then it is true "no-skill"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

*watches in horror as a baby holding a pickaxe open up hell.*
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to be re-dorfed.
Put him in the army with Conan as a fellow hammer dwarf.

Also the butcher died because he was mad.  Couldn't get leather in time.
Join the new Hermit Succession

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also the butcher died because he was mad.  Couldn't get leather in time.

ah...the irony.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 06:17:34 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This sounds like it will add a little bit of extra "fun" to this game. starting with no skills is not that much of a challenge

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This sounds like it will add a little bit of extra "fun" to this game. starting with no skills is not that much of a challenge
One problem, what about miners/woodcutters, it's impossible to have thoose two labours activated at the same time  ::)
Also we're gonna need a weapon, pick and axe for everyone so they all get versatile work "opportunities"
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

!!fun!! then right?
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

If you still got space, dorf me as a male named 'G kicks more ass than Katana'. :P
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So all labors on except mining and woodcutting?

When you next play set that up Max  :D
Join the new Hermit Succession

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is going to go so horrible wrong, sounds dwarfy  ;D
Hmm... pretty sure the only way to build now would be gathering sand and turning it into glass blocks, I was thinking soap but no ash for making it from woodcutting - so we're going to build a fortress out of glass with no mining/woodcutting and every dwarf has to do every labour... oh god why  :P

EDIT: Can we keep mining until we find magma for fun and to power stuff without wood or coal?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 05:05:43 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is going to go so horrible wrong, sounds dwarfy  ;D
Hmm... pretty sure the only way to build now would be gathering sand and turning it into glass blocks, I was thinking soap but no ash for making it from woodcutting - so we're going to build a fortress out of glass with no mining/woodcutting and every dwarf has to do every labour... oh god why  :P

EDIT: Can we keep mining until we find magma for fun and to power stuff without wood or coal?

I guess we should keep mining or woodcutting on for each dwarf, just do it 50/50

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

8th of Malachite:
The resident bone carver has just given birth to a boy.  We lost a few dogs and the such to infection, I have no idea how they recieved injury. Also, marriage has occured between two more of the dwarves.

1st of Galena:
Our mayor went insane. I couldn't find any of the right supplies. I managed to get toghether a corpse, but I could not find the right type of fabric. Sadly, I was forced to order our militiamen to kill him. Seeing as the time that it took our miltia to reach him, I drafted a new bunch of drones to serve our fine fortress and protect it.

11th of Galena:
For some odd reason, a dwarf suffocated. I have no idea how or where he died. My gold-plate-ifying of my mansion is officially finished. It's truly magnificent. My tomb has been sucessfully plated, and I plan to continue my studies into medicine. However, I do not have the time to continue my reign of overseer. I am sure, however, that someone will be overjoyed to take over my position.

(The rest of the journal is empty)

I apologize, I just don't have the time at the moment to finish a full year. I did, however, manage to grow the population by about 30 during my reign. I've smoothed over some new housing, and started some exploratory mining shafts.  The save, at the end of my reign, can be found at:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4630
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

Sent a pm to magic dwarf. A shame you didn't have time for a whole year max.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, sadly in the next day or two, my time will be eaten up rapidly, but I'd be more than happy down the road to do a little journey to the fort in adventure mode or something.
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8