Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Peasant Fort Sucession (Skills Schmills, skilled labour is for elves!)  (Read 10714 times)

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The journal skips out many dates.

WheneverTH of Whocares 135(136?)

They're on to me. He is! I began digging a tunnel round to the brook. So in summer it would thaw out!
Then I piped that behind by office and hit a lever in a closet locked with another lever!

If anything went wrong I could just pull the lever and Hide in the closet! I had planned to hide a pick axe in there.
But then I ran into a problem. Upon digging the tunnel I found gold!

A huge vein!

Now I couldn't leave it there to be flooded. But it would take years to haul it all out by myself.
I had to call the others in! When they asked why I had been digging the tunnel I told them:

"DWARVEN SENSES WHERE TINGLING"

And they almost bought it...
But that Max... He was suspicious. He realised that the tunnel continued after the gold.
He noticed that it dug out 2 urists into the frozen brook. If I had noticed the gold sooner then the tunnel would have been un-finished!

Shortly after a caravan arrived! But we had no crafts or things of value.
So I sent a dwarf to begin making stone crafts. Lots and lots of trinkets.

But almost as soon as he began a butcher/tanner got taken by a mood.
A then he demanded leather! Nobody else knew how to do it...

I told a milker to do it because he had atleast some experiences with cows.
Except we used yak skin...
But the buthcer went insane seconds before the completion of the leather.
Max didn't hesitate to bring up my failure when eating.
He also didn't hesitate to bring up my failure of giving them somewhere to eat.

The caravan people began to leave and I paniced. I sealed them in.
We needed that anvil!
But it was taking too long. There others were getting suspicious of why the trade depot had been shut off. I told the traders had left and to get back underground. The traders wouldn't die though. I waited months. Yet through the cracks I could see them sitting calmly.
SO I decided to speed things up I built a pitfall trap.

Frenzied with digging it I sent a miner down to dig a hole with no plan. I had forgotten that the lower levels began to flood.
He drowned BUT he had still dug the hole! I set up a floor bar pit drop with a pressure plate.
I then mined out the chunk of wall leading into the trapped hallway. I leaped over the pressure plate.
They did the same...

The trap didn't spring.

I apologized for the in convenience and they told me it was ok.
Then they left.

With the anvil.

Max caught wind of the dead miner and the failure to get an anvil. (Which wasn't only my fault as no trading could be done anyway as the Broker slept thought the entire saga...)

I had time to issue a few last orders but it wasn't enough.
He burst into my office and just point to he door.
"Just do me one honour and finish the barracks I have started"

He stared at me for a while before answering. The "Barracks" was little more than a dirt room that had been dug out to the north of the fort.
So he may have struggled to know what I was talking about.
However i'll never know...

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4624
((Can you post a screen shot of the fort as it is when you start. I forgot to but I had already zipped it up when I remembered))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:08:57 pm by oidip »
Join the new Hermit Succession

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

How long do we have to complete our turn. Also, can we have the names of the dead?
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Generally a week.
I have PMed Max and it says he is online so he should be able to confirm he has received it pretty soon.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: I'm just working out a few technical things right now, should be up soon. Sorry for the inconvience
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:18:17 pm by Max176 »
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I had the mayday green tileset on though.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I suppose my liberal reign over this fort has begun. Here is how it appears at the start of my ruling:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The journal seems to be quickly scrawled across a few pages in a journal:

1st Granite, 136:   

So, I've finally realised this much: this place needs A LOT of work. I mean, we have many partially finished rooms, plus this pointless basement where we have the animals chained up in.  I plan to improve certain areas of the fort that the past Conservative government could not provide us with.

Also, in addition, I'm not sure if we have some kind of death wish, but we have a COMPLETELY OPEN passage from the river into the fort. I hope I can fix this up before it floods the entire place.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:43:48 pm by Max176 »

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

8th Granite, 136:
   I managed to get the floodgates up, thank Armok. Not a moment too soon, also. The murky pools have begun to melt, and I feel the river is running behind closely. I have just recently got married to a miner (don't ask) , and the fortress seems to be growing well. I noticed that our alcohol stores are running low, so I order the stills up to full swing. A few farm plots were sitting around doing nothing, so I gave those peasants some work to do.

6th of Slate, 136:
   I've begun work on smoothing out the remaining bedrooms, and work on my personal quaters and maloseum and mansion has begun. It will hopefully be finished before Autumn. We are running on the low side on seeds, and our brewers are becoming lazy. Get to work, slackers.

7th of Slate, 136:
   Our fortress has just had a loss. Our butcher, Domas, will be missed sorely by his solitary friend. How he died of thirst, right next to the food/drink stockpile, is beyond me. We managed to attract a few migrants to our fort. Population is up to 37 now.

15th of Felsite, 136:
   Elves just arrived. Tree hugging bastards. I think I'll just raid the caravan and kill the elves. No point in their meagre existance in our presence. My mansion is almost finished, it is the pinnacle of the fortress for the moment. I've moved the meeting area out of the basement, the walls are dripping with only Armok knows what.

27th of Felsite, 136:
   The elves are dead, and their caravan is pillaged. They had a very good amount of valuables on them, plus plenty of wood. Hypocrites, they are.  My mansion is finished and my tomb for myself and the miner lie underneath my mansion. Solid gold floors are looking very pleasant for the moment.

15th of Hematite:
Oidip just burst down the hallway, screaming for 'body parts' and 'yarn cloth'. I don't know if I can get it there in time, and I'm construction a wall around him for the time being. I hope I can, or else we will be in need of a new mayor.

So, hopefully I can grab these things quick, or else we may have to rename a new dwarf for Oidip.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Dorf me up.

EDIT: call me Vance Dworfy.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 08:24:51 pm by The Master »
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dorf me up.
Sounds good, I'll add you as a dwarf. I'd also like to report the death of Oidip. He couldn't handle his project, and went berserk. I sadly had to issue a kill order and have him put out of his rage.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

And thus Oidip has fallen. His long lost brother Oidip II will be part of the next migrant wave assuming Oidip wants a new dwarf.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

kalban

• Bay Watcher
  • Grates are Great!
    • View Profile

I've got to get in on this. Could I be dwarfed and have a turn? I've never played a succession game before. Name is Kalban and any dwarf will do.
Thanks! :D

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd also like to report the death of Oidip. He couldn't handle his project, and went berserk. I sadly had to issue a kill order and have him put out of his rage.

And so ends the story of the brav- Oh, who am I kidding? Cheers.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, coming to take a turn and a dwarf... if anyone could train a hammerdwarf up for my turn I'll dwarf him myself  8)
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if anyone could train a hammerdwarf up for my turn I'll dwarf him myself  8)
the title of the topic should answer your question.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 06:18:06 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8