Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Peasant Fort Sucession (Skills Schmills, skilled labour is for elves!)  (Read 10704 times)

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Peasant Fort
The year is 134 in the Ageless Planes.
7 Dwarves sit around a table in a dark chamber deep underground.
They have worked for years to get a stake together so they can jump ship and leave this hell hole of a fort.
None of them have any skills. None of them really understand what they are doing.

Upon the table lies a map, a weedy dwarf is marking spots on it. "By my reckoning we should go near a stream. Or maybe by one of these points marked with a blue X. I always here the miners moaning about about these whenever they talk about nobles. They must be a rare gem or metal that the nobles don't want to dig up..."

"No no no no! We want to go to one of these purple areas. See purple is a royal colour right? So there are going to be riches there!" Interjected another dwarf.

"Bah! Ye' all be idiots! These yellow places are obviously gold mines!" Yelled a third dwarf.

The debate lost all structure and the 7 dwarves just began arguing amongst themselves. Eventually a decision would be decided and these 7 woefully unprepared dwarves would venture out into the world. All who knew them assumed they would probably never to be seen again. But these 7 dwarves would found a fortress that would be spoke of till the end of time.

The effects of this fort would be felt long after its fall.

------------

If you didn't get it from the poor flavor introduction this is a fort where the first 7 dwarves will have no skills. They are also going to be woefully ill-equipped to start a fort.

I have yet to choose the embark, name, items and animals so these are up for discussion.
You don't have to be good at DF to take part in this.

((Also does anybody know if using the May Green pack changes saves?
Because I am using it.))

Turn list
Done Confirmed in progress Partial Complete Their turn but unconfirmed Skipped

1. Oidip
2. Max176
3. Magic Dwarf
4. HighZealot
5. Kalban
6. Ashton
7. Oidip
8. GrueSlayer
9. HighZealot
7. Roboboy33

Being dorfed

If you are playing you may name the dwarves whatever you like. Do not rename dwarves that are named after forum users or players.
If you are not in the succession but you wish to be dorfed ask whoever is playing.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:46:23 am by oidip »
Join the new Hermit Succession

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Highlights of the Fort

8th Granite
Why the hell is there a body is this random place of water marked for dumping? Well no one’s going to get him out so slabs here we go!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

6th Malachite
FUCK! MAGMA FLOOD! So that was why that pump stack was turned off. I was hoping to pump so magma under the river melt the ice and failed to notice that the last pump was on the same level as the surface. Thankfully it seems no one was hit by the magma but some people will have to wait outside for some time. The buzzard died though along with someone’s dog.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:59:59 pm by oidip »

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm certainly by no means good, but I'll give it a shot. Is this vanilla DF, or modded?
EDIT: I'll take doctor, if you're embarking with one. And being male would be awesome too.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:31:08 pm by Max176 »
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I call next available turn.
Call my dwarf Brimir

for the map, i want a giant river and make sure the goblins can access us.
also war with elves would be ideal, but not necessary.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:31:39 pm by magic dwarf »

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile

Dorf me as katana. MAKE SURE I'M MALE OR I WILL HAUNT YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR PATHETIC, LITTLE LIFE.
First male bone carver or swordsdwarf that migrates please.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So big river and goblins.
I think some goblins are about.

Also i'll dorf you as the chief doctor but you won't have any skills in doctoring as nobody will have skills.

Also Katana did you want to be dorfed and play or just dorfed?

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just dorfed or now.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome, let's hope we get a cool fort going with a good story.
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So what else should I bring?

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BUNNIES

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

372?

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah. 370. Bring 1 male and 1 female rabbit.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

May I have the next available turn. I always wanted to try a succession game. Btw, does it matter if we're using the tileset different than others?
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A few of the same-sex war dogs, perhaps?

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

replace the plump hemlet with something else (most meat only cost 2 per serving)
Anvil anyone?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8