Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Peasant Fort Sucession (Skills Schmills, skilled labour is for elves!)  (Read 10715 times)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

Bring seeds, not anvil. Very few get a forging industry up within the first three seasons since you have to find the ore anyways. It is also easier to get the products to buy an anvil with than any other stuff.

You need animals. Get three dogs, of both genders, untrained since it's cheaper to train them onsite. Also bring four turkey hens and a single gobbler. That way you have a steady meat and bone supply.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well we have 618 614 points left but I am going to start soon.

Reindeers, alpacas, llamas?
So meat not plump helmets?

I guess we could bring an anvil and some metal.

E:Added a bunny of each gender
Join the new Hermit Succession

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

If you're bringing metal bring ores cause they're cheaper. Also some coal and fuel to turn it into more fuel may also be good.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bunnies aren't worth it since they give little meat and reproduce slowly.

Bring weapons if you have that many points left. Like bronze/iron battle axes, spears, hammers, whatnot.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

Why bring weapons when you can bring the items to create them ourselves? I'm pretty sure that uses less points.
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes but we have so much anyways so why not?

If you really want to do that though bring an anvil, some stone, and some steel. But I'd prefer to bring the finished products as it won't have one dwarf taken up smelting and making weapons.

If you really can afford it, bring a pair of alpacas too. Put weapon priority first though since we're dealing with unskilled dwarves here.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok I've started. I brought enough weapons for everybody there to use.

The fortress is called Slaughterbabies... that was the automatically selected name.
I'll post an update by the end of tonight probably.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

I should be after magic dwarf right? Also, what's the group called?

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

List the weapons/weapon materials you brought.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The rest is just the 160 urists of booze I brought.
Oh and 1 more pick

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why de hell did you not bring an iron battle axe?! >:(

Oh well, at least we have two silver hammers. Gimme one and start me on training.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1st Granite 135
Its...
Blood cold!

I got Sigun and Avuz to dig us in. Simply because I could recall their names fastest. (They are both ladies  ;) )
It was taking too long to dig into the hill side so I told them to just dig donwards into soil.

It was fast... but undwarvenly.

5th Granite 135
There is enough room for us to all huddle in that underground space now. While there are no stones for us to embrace as of yet its still nicer than the awful sunlight.
I've ordered for a farm to be dug out.
That was increcbile. Ordering! I Oidip told the miners to mine and they did!
No longer am I a hauler! I am a Mayor. I have told everybody else to refer to me as mayor now!

7th Granite 135

Farms done. Well not really its been dug out but it can't take that long to build a farm.
The ground just needs to be cleared pretty much.

15th Granite 135

8 days! It took that Brimir 8 days to build a farm!
Its clearly too much for him alone so I have joined him. Its a pretty cushy job.
Sit around plant things one day. Wait a season for them to grow!
How hard could it be!

17th Slate 135

Well I like to think I am a pretty good grower! 1 plump helmet planted a day!
That sounds good.
Considering the others got testy when I didn't help haul things.
"Even nobles haul things Oidip!" But in other news the miners hit stone!
It was great! I'm even thinking of having a wall around the hole that is the entrace to my fort.

My Fort
My fort
MY FORT

25th Slate 135

I think the others are jealous! They sneer at me.
I can't trust them anymore. Food has gone missing.
They claim its for the traps to catch the vermin...

I NEVER TOLD THEM TO BUILD TRAPS!

They are ignoring my rule.
I checked that there are indeed traps. But I still don't know if the amount of food they took was justified.
I'm taking command of the books now.

Which means I get deserve an office!

In fact I deserved one anyway!
But it can't be too grand for now...
Or they will grow jealous once more.
I'll have to watch out for that Brimir. He is the head of all this.
He wants my place.

I'll watch for him!

((Shortly after I mad some beds and all of the dwarves went on a long nap...
Its Mid-Summer and they are waking up now  >:())

Sure thing Conan.
Although you might not train that much as things are pretty busy.
Would you like a turn aswell?

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually digging down straight into the ground is pretty good as it allows you to have more flexibility with surface defenses.

I'm fine if you keep me on hauling/farming duty for now, but try to get me training sometime.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arg things are going way too fast for me too keep an accurate journal!
I have recently ungraded to a new pc so what once was a month is now a season!

Also after having my office engraved the only notable bit of history that came up was one goblin being killed.
After I pass this on I will check to see why this goblin was so note worthy. He is on half of my walls and floors.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

The goblin might be the only history of the world. I had a world where all my engravings had to do with my last and current fortress. Also, if it's going to fast, limit your frame rate. I limit mine at 40.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8