Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 7 Year:3  (Read 25839 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 6
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2011, 02:49:20 pm »

"Yes, of course you can come with me.  There are a few of us in this warehouse.  You'll be safe there."

...I hope, thinks Steve quietly to himself.

Lead her back into the warehouse.  Tend to her wounds with the first aid kit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2011, 04:41:42 pm »

After getting the haul back to the warehouse, Andi put the wireless stick in her laptop and browsed the internet. Maybe there would news or speculation as to what happened here from elsewhere.

Action: Gas everything up to full, then browse news sites looking for information.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2011, 07:48:56 pm »

Turn 8:Ohhhh YAAA!
After getting the haul back to the warehouse, Andi put the wireless stick in her laptop and browsed the internet. Maybe there would news or speculation as to what happened here from elsewhere.

Action: Gas everything up to full, then browse news sites looking for information.
(auto-success) the only thing that needs gas seems to be the chainsaw, the generator is full, apparently the person this belonged too was planning on using it. (5) as your laptop turns on and runs the Lives-Great symbol, you plug in the internet stick.  Searching the current news sites, it seems that nothing in North America has been updated since last night, which can only mean that all news stations have been wiped out.  (6, no over-shoot) You suddenly strike upon an idea, and begin searching the forums, since they can be updated wireless.  It's a horror show, pictures like the two-headed bear, things towering as tall as sky-scrapers seemingly made from the bodies of many others, working in unison.  The worst is the pictures of the military, they don't seem to be standing much-to any chance, and you find out why.  It seems a team of scientists have turned a singular website into the 101 on dealing with mutants, and what the site keeps running is that anyone exposed to the white dust, named by the sites mutagen A, will either rapidly transform into the stuff from nightmares.... oh this is interesting, it seems that the scientists are sure that anyone not changed in the first 4 hours (which you are long past) won't change, and may experience beneficial side effects over time, as their body 'evolves' rather then mutates, and that the evolutions will allow the person every memory and control of before, but powers they can only speculate at.   It then goes on to say that only 1/10000 people can survive the evolutions, and many will die horrible and painful deaths as they try to cope.  Apparently exposure to further Mutagen A will increase the speed of the process, but further decrease the survival rate.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Yes, of course you can come with me.  There are a few of us in this warehouse.  You'll be safe there."

...I hope, thinks Steve quietly to himself.

Lead her back into the warehouse.  Tend to her wounds with the first aid kit.
(1) She doesn't seem to believe you but comes anyway (6) at the sight of the first aid kit she begins to cry again, and mumbles something about her daddy being a paramedic. (4) You assure her that you will do anything in your power to find him and keep her safe (though you highly doubt he's still alive), this comforts her, and you tend to her wounds.  When you finish she wanders over to the dead bear that is still laying in the middle of the room.  She holds up her teddy and says something you can't quite hear, but then her bears legs reform and he suddenly has two heads.  You are terrified beyond measure,

Enter my house, search it for everything of value (Practical and sentimental)
(2) you wander into your house, and notice that the entire place has been ransacked, apparently during last nights chaos people thought it would be funny to start looting. (4) You do manage to find your back-up ammo, along with the picture of your parents, if only they.... well no it's probably better they didn't live to see this mad-house. (6) You then fill up your backpack with canned food and bottles of water, along with a bottle of 50 year old scotch, who knows you may need to celebrate one day.  (5) as you are leaving you grab the novel Fahrenheit 451, besides being a good book, your parents bought it for you the night before they died, you slip their picture inside and put both in your pocket. 
Gained Motorcycle, canned foodx4 1 case of bottled water (12 bottles, 1 liter each) Sentimental Novel, Parents photo graph, 2x32 SMG clips.

Look along the street for any other cars to loot but then head back to the warehouse
(5) You see one last car, and you bust the window and pull open the door (1) argh it's empty.  (1) you slam the door in frustration after searching the car for an hour, but finding nothing, something hears you and begins running down the street, you can't see what it is through the rain but it doesn't look human.

Time:12:00PM day 1

Weather:Medium Rain

Environment:Everything is either barricaded or heavily reinforced, there is a second story fire-escape, but there's no way to reach it, the ladder long ago rusted away.  The large Bay doors is only blocked, and would only take 2 or three minutes to get out from.
Ally-way has one entrance blocked off with a broken car and various rubble, other is open

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around the warehouse):
Butchered-cleaned bear copse 80% left
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out
Wheel Barrel (lets you move 4 large items)
Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (9/10L)
Portable Power Generator (5/5L gas)

Taric: Neighbors Garage, riding Motorcycle
slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Covered in Bear blood

Steve: In Warehouse
Slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Very Tired

Angela: In Warehouse
slightly Tired
Slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty

Henry: In Street
Not Hungry
slightly Thirsty
slightly Tired

Jessie:NPC In Warehouse
unknown stats
Fine
Apparently Telekinetic, only mildly, unaware of power.

Area:Near the warehouse is largely burned and unsafe to enter buildings, some may be able to hold up if you are careful. Nearby buildings have been searched, they are empty of anything useful that could be carried, some still house furniture, all have been looted heavily in the night.
Taric's House-It is still standing, free of the flames, but many other houses are not.

********I suggest everyone reads everyone's turns, there's some plot advancement in Andrea's just don't read others spoilers.
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 8
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2011, 07:57:17 pm »

Head back to the warehouse on the motorbike. It's not breaking the law if they're dead and you're a cop :3
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2011, 08:16:14 pm »

course not, besides you'll return it eventually ;)
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2011, 08:21:05 pm »

If he's still alive :3

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2011, 08:30:05 pm »

Andrea scrolled down slowly. "Hey guys check thi- WHAT THE HELL!?" Her enthusiastic statement quickly became one of utter confusion as fire leaped from her fingers! She pointed them away from the computer as they stopped burning, wondering what the heck was going on and not wanting to burn up the one source of information she had. When she was sure it was over, she took a deep breath to calm herself and set the laptop on a crate. "OK, whew, that was messed up." Things were freaky enough outside; perhaps the best thing to do would be to at least let everyone else in on what she knew. "Look, guys, some scientists survived and did some research on what's going on. There's this dust that mutated everything... including us, I think."

Hardly reassuring. "But there's an upside, right? It says that if a person doesn't change in the first four hours, they won't go crazy, and they might develop some beneficial side effects. It looks a bit iffy though, maybe you should check it out yourselves," she said, reading it off and paraphrasing it slightly. She turned around and realized only Stephen and a little girl were with her; Taric and Henry weren't around. She would have to tell them later. For now, she approached the little girl and knelt by her. Poor thing... "Hey," she said softly, trying to get the girl's attention. "My name's Andrea. What's yours?"

Action: Spend the hour getting to know the little girl and reassuring her.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:07:37 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2011, 09:05:12 pm »

"I think she said her name was Jessie.  And you may be right on the powers thing- she... just fixed her bear.  It's a bit odd looking, but I think it's best we just let her keep it."

Steve swats at his ear again.

"All this building wore me out.  I'm grabbing a nap.  Wake me if anything horrible happens."

Find a quiet spot and nap out the hour.

Let's hope that bear isn't Tibbers.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2011, 10:17:07 pm »

argh I really want to do this next turn, but Riccto has the most important action.....  Hey um.  Just a tip, the little girl, if you befriend her, well she's probably the most important character in the story I have planned, so please keep her alive :D  Wait I'm the GM I can just bend rolls, hehehe naw I wouldn't do that.
Ha he certainly is a big inspiration.
Nom nom nom

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2011, 10:49:59 pm »

Get back to the warehouse and take some type of watch position.
Raggle Fraggle

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2011, 11:00:36 pm »

argh I really want to do this next turn, but Riccto has the most important action.....  Hey um.  Just a tip, the little girl, if you befriend her, well she's probably the most important character in the story I have planned, so please keep her alive :D  Wait I'm the GM I can just bend rolls, hehehe naw I wouldn't do that.
Ha he certainly is a big inspiration.

That's what I get for not shooting her in the head when I had a chance.

Also ohgod evil deathbear /me hides

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2011, 11:33:08 pm »

Turn 9:Mindless Masses
Get back to the warehouse and take some type of watch position.
(4) You run through the rain, it's getting closer, either that or it's alot of them it's hard to tell through the rain. (6) You burst through the door, slam the lock down, and then climb on some boxs to peak out into the rain through a broken window.  (1) Then you see them, a group of 20 or so men standing naked in the rain, there is bones and small spikes protruding through their bodies, obscene growths made to impale and rend.  Through the center of them walks a single person, wearing a full gas-suit holding, what can only be described as an over-grown remote control.  Each of the men's eyes seem to have been replaced with little mechanical balls, apparently the dust wasn't the only thing that came with the bombers.  (3) They seem content to stand in the rain and stare at you, nothing moves until you can suddenly hear a motor-cycle engine in the distance, the group separates and disperses into the surrounding buildings.  Taric drives up on a motorcycle, and motions for you to open the door.  (5) You bolt down, open the door, and drag him and his motorcycle inside, then slam the door shut.  Just as the door closes you can feel one of those... things slam against the other side, it begins pounding the door and screaming.  An orchestra of sorts picks up all over the walls, they are attacking anything they can, it should hold for days, they seem pretty weak, but the sound.... it seems to be eating into your skull.

Head back to the warehouse on the motorbike. It's not breaking the law if they're dead and you're a cop :3
(4) It takes awhile in the rain but you manage to get there, as you rumble up you think you nearly run something over, but you don't hear anything and you can't see it.  You get off and see Henry looking out a window, and you wave for him to let you in, it's damn cold driving in the rain.  (5)You walk over to the door and he suddenly pulls you in, dragging the motorcycle.  Just as the door closes, something smashes itself against it, and a piercing scream follows it.  You then notice a little girl with Andrea.... this is, odd you leave for 2 hours and this shit happens?  Can you really trust these people not to kill themselves?  Eh sure, you've all lived so far.

Andrea scrolled down slowly. "Hey guys check thi- WHAT THE HELL!?" Her enthusiastic statement quickly became one of utter confusion as fire leaped from her fingers! She pointed them away from the computer as they stopped burning, wondering what the heck was going on and not wanting to burn up the one source of information she had. When she was sure it was over, she took a deep breath to calm herself and set the laptop on a crate. "OK, whew, that was messed up." Things were freaky enough outside; perhaps the best thing to do would be to at least let everyone else in on what she knew. "Look, guys, some scientists survived and did some research on what's going on. There's this dust that mutated everything... including us, I think."

Hardly reassuring. "But there's an upside, right? It says that if a person doesn't change in the first four hours, they won't go crazy, and they might develop some beneficial side effects. It looks a bit iffy though, maybe you should check it out yourselves," she said, reading it off and paraphrasing it slightly. She turned around and realized only Stephen and a little girl were with her; Taric and Henry weren't around. She would have to tell them later. For now, she approached the little girl and knelt by her. Poor thing... "Hey," she said softly, trying to get the girl's attention. "My name's Andrea. What's yours?"

Action: Spend the hour getting to know the little girl and reassuring her.
She looks up at you, and says "Hello Andrea, my names Jessie.  Wanna see my bear?" See then lifts up a two headed teddy that looks strangely like the thing you killed earlier...  You ignore it and begin talking to the young girl, she tells you that this was her first day off of school, and that she loves the rain. (4) That her parents put her in the basement when the snow started falling, but teddy got stuck in the door and he ripped, but he's all better now.  She doesn't seem to know her parents names, just refers to them as Mum and Daddy.  (3)She repeatedly tells you that you look really familiar, and the longer you spend talking to her, the more she seems like she could have been a little sister, well you won't let anything happen to her, she seems very sweet, just confused.  While talking about birds, Taric comes in out of the rain dragging a motorcycle, but then something smashes into the door and screams.  (6)Jessie giggles at the sounds and sits down to play with her teddy, the sight of Henry so panicked at the sign of danger, and the little girls innocence at what could be happening doesn't scare you, or make you mad, you just become calm. (?) as the calm seeps over you your skin begins to smoke lightly, and then full on burn, while the windows freeze over, the power has manifested and you can tell what it can do, you can somehow transfer heat from one item to yourself and then out again, but it's not much more then a little amount of power now, about a cigarette lighters worth.
((OOC:Jesus everyone's getting really good rolls lately.... maybe I'm using a loaded dice or something.))

"I think she said her name was Jessie.  And you may be right on the powers thing- she... just fixed her bear.  It's a bit odd looking, but I think it's best we just let her keep it."

Steve swats at his ear again.

"All this building wore me out.  I'm grabbing a nap.  Wake me if anything horrible happens."

Find a quiet spot and nap out the hour.

(1) You can't get to sleep, the noise is too much, rain, thoughts, talking.  You instead content yourself with dreaming of a better tomorrow, the sun will come out, and you will be able to finally go camping like you had planned, you still have the tent after-all.  Maybe this is a terrible dream, or you are in a coma... that could explain the sounds.  No, that would be too convenient, life isn't convenient, shit like this happens, wars happen, and with the technology of the day this is the type of war.  (5)You manage to get yourself feeling thoroughly depressed about life over the course of the hour, but it gives you resolve, resolve to change this shit of a world, you don't feel tired even after the lack of sleep. (4) You can suddenly hear a voice clear above all others "I can see your thoughts Steve, I can see what you truly want, butcher them all and you can have it all!"  however you can see back into whatever it is's brain at the same time, and all it cares for is death and lies.  You refuse and at the same time something slams into the door behind Taric, and screams.  It's gibberish but you can hear what it means "THEN YOU SHALL ALL DIE, SLOWLY!"

****COMBAT TIME****

Time:1:00PM day 1

Weather:Heavy Rain

Environment:Everything is either barricaded or heavily reinforced, there is a second story fire-escape, but there's no way to reach it, the ladder long ago rusted away.  The large Bay doors is only blocked, and would only take 2 or three minutes to get out from.
Ally-way has one entrance blocked off with a broken car and various rubble, other is open

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around the warehouse):
Butchered-cleaned bear copse 80% left
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out
Wheel Barrel (lets you move 4 large items)
Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (9/10L)
Portable Power Generator (5/5L gas)

Taric: In Warehouse
slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Covered in Bear blood

Steve: In Warehouse
Slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Not Tired
Resolved

Angela: In Warehouse
slightly Tired
Slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Focused

Henry: In Warehouse
Not Hungry
slightly Thirsty
slightly Tired

Jessie:NPC In Warehouse
Not Hungry
Not Thristy
Fine
Apparently Telekinetic, only mildly, unaware of power.

Area:Near the warehouse is largely burned and unsafe to enter buildings, some may be able to hold up if you are careful. Nearby buildings have been searched, they are empty of anything useful that could be carried, some still house furniture, all have been looted heavily in the night.
Taric's House-It is still standing, free of the flames, but many other houses are not.

Enemies:::::
20 or more Mindless:Combat Growths
1 Controller Mad Abomination
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 9
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2011, 11:42:34 pm »

Get to some difficult to assault ground and prepare to fire. Open fire if they're already in.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2011, 11:49:34 pm »

Andrea grabbed the shotgun. "Jessie, honey, you stay behind these crate, OK? You hide. Stay quiet for me, please?" she said, smiling at the girl to try and make it seem like the threat wasn't as real as it was.

Action: Once Jessie hides, aim the shotgun at the door. Open fire while Taric's reloading and reload when he fires to suppress the enemy as much as possible.

Riccto, you might want to grab that chainsaw. You're the best at melee, I think.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2011, 01:34:07 am »

It Depends if we are using actual Melee rules with Chainsaws. If we are using Silly Movie Reality Then Chainsaws send death and destruction abound! But if we are using real life then Chainsaws are hard to swing and do tiny albeit nasty cuts with a tendancy of bouncing back :L

Find some cover to shoot abominations from
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26