Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 7 Year:3  (Read 25861 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 9
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2011, 10:21:08 am »

The chainsaws are more of a defensive/construction item, you'd probably destroy arms and legs that come through holes, and if something lunges at you, you could probably impale it.  But in an actual fight, ya it would be pretty useless.
Nom nom nom

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2011, 03:44:25 pm »

"Shit, get out of my head!"  Steve swats at his ears madly.

"Let's end these things!"

Get to higher ground, and take aimed shots.  Aim for the one that looks in charge.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2011, 05:13:09 pm »

Turn 10:The Barrier is Breached
Get to some difficult to assault ground and prepare to fire. Open fire if they're already in.
(5) you push the motorcycle over to a stack of boxes, and then tip it over in-front, and set the boxes up behind you, they will have to come over one or the other to get at you, it's the best you can do in the mostly empty warehouse.  (2) You flinch at the sound of glass breaking and shoot the rest of the defenses down where the arm came in, (4) You manage to spray down the first three but then you run out of ammo (6), you reload but the gun jams.  (1) It won't come unstuck,  you waste a few minutes attempting to get the safety unstuck, luckily Andrea is able to cover you. (3) it finnally comes free just as the rest of the barricades fall down, they are inside the warehouse.
-16 shells
-reloaded

It Depends if we are using actual Melee rules with Chainsaws. If we are using Silly Movie Reality Then Chainsaws send death and destruction abound! But if we are using real life then Chainsaws are hard to swing and do tiny albeit nasty cuts with a tendancy of bouncing back :L

Find some cover to shoot abominations from
(4)  Thinking quick you move into the gap after Jessie disappears behind some crates, you are a bit exposed but it'll just let you get a better aim. (3)(?)  Half your shots miss, and the muscle spasms start back up, making it even harder to aim.  You nearly shoot Steve in the back, but you do get the first 4 or so who come in before you have to reload. (1)  Despite how much you search your pack you can't find the rest of the ammo (1) the barricades come crashing down by the time you finally find the ammo. (3) You only get partly reloaded when you see that... thing that is controlling them step over a fallen body, and climb through the hole where the fire exit used to be.  It chuckles at your panic.
-10 shells
-partly reloaded

"Shit, get out of my head!"  Steve swats at his ears madly.

"Let's end these things!"

Get to higher ground, and take aimed shots.  Aim for the one that looks in charge.
(3) You can't find any higher ground that would support your weight, the crates look too flimsy and anything harder is being used as a barricade.  (1) You  handgun proves completely ineffective against the things coming through the windows, as they seem to group up on the fire exit, by the time you run out of bullets, the door comes crashing down. (5) You expertly slip the second clip into your berretta, (4) Your renewed urgency, as the voice's laughing gets louder and louder let's you block it out and focus, the first 3 to come through the door fall to a shot in the head and heart, then the person in the fire-suit climbs over the fallen dead, and looks into your eyes.  (5)It seems to be attempting to do something with the device in it's hands, so with 3 controlled shots you destroy the device.  It's voice is immediately cut off, though you can still hear all the other voices as normal.
-24 shells
-reloaded

Andrea grabbed the shotgun. "Jessie, honey, you stay behind these crate, OK? You hide. Stay quiet for me, please?" she said, smiling at the girl to try and make it seem like the threat wasn't as real as it was.

Action: Once Jessie hides, aim the shotgun at the door. Open fire while Taric's reloading and reload when he fires to suppress the enemy as much as possible.

Riccto, you might want to grab that chainsaw. You're the best at melee, I think.
(2) Jessie seems distraught at having to go back into a small dark space under some crates, but when she sees the look in your eyes she slips in under, as quite as possible. (3)  You take out your shotgun to cover the door, but then you notice Taric open up a hole in one of the windows with some ridiculous aiming.  His gun jams, but he doesn't move away from where he is, so as the stream in through the window you are forced to shoot them down before they reach him (2,2,2,6,5) your shots arn't well aimed, but with a shotgun so close, the former humans, now spike covered monsters still go down as fast as you reload.  Though the others don't seem to be doing nearly as good, Steve's pistol seems to be useless, and Henry can't aim, he's shaking head to toe.  In all you count only 10 killed, with 3 or so wounded, when the last of the defenses fall, and a man wearing a fire suit, carrying some mechanical devices walks inside.  Something passes between him and Steve, and then the devices blows apart.  You are on your last two bullets.
-10 shells
-reloaded

*****Group Event:The remaining 7 abominations lose control they are still hostile, but are now attacking each other while still coming at you
The Controller Man is inside, he looks really angry

Time:1:10PM day 1

Weather:Heavy Rain

Environment:Everything is either barricaded or heavily reinforced, there is a second story fire-escape, but there's no way to reach it, the ladder long ago rusted away.  The large Bay doors is only blocked, and would only take 2 or three minutes to get out from.
Ally-way has one entrance blocked off with a broken car and various rubble, other is open

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around the warehouse):
Butchered-cleaned bear copse 80% left
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out
Wheel Barrel (lets you move 4 large items)
Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (9/10L)
Portable Power Generator (5/5L gas)

Taric: In Warehouse
slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Slightly Tired
Covered in Bear blood

Steve: In Warehouse
Slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Slightly Tired
Resolved

Angela: In Warehouse
Moderately Tired
Slightly Hungry
Slightly thirsty
Focused

Henry: In Warehouse
Not Hungry
slightly Thirsty
Moderatly Tired

Jessie:NPC In Warehouse
Not Hungry
Not Thristy
Fine
Apparently Telekinetic, only mildly, unaware of power.

Area:Near the warehouse is largely burned and unsafe to enter buildings, some may be able to hold up if you are careful. Nearby buildings have been searched, they are empty of anything useful that could be carried, some still house furniture, all have been looted heavily in the night.
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 10
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2011, 05:15:23 pm »

Keep firing!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2011, 07:12:20 pm »

Andrea grimaced and swung the shotgun over towards the controller. Maybe... if we take this guy out, it'll stop the rest of them. Either way, these are my last two shots. Instead of firing from the hip, she raised the shotgun and couched it against her shoulder, aiming along it.

Action: Two shots: one to the face, one to the torso. Afterward, put the shotgun away and attempt to fuel and light the gasoline furnace. If I do that and still have time, try to channel the heat from it into a flamethrower-like blast at the spiked ones remaining.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:56:36 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2011, 07:37:53 pm »

Try to shoot but if they get too close attempt to stab them with my buck knife,If possible, engage the boss
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:53:59 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2011, 07:50:54 pm »

"Get the one in the suit!  It's in charge!"

Shoot down the boss.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2011, 06:26:18 pm »

Turn:11 Wholesale Slaughter
*you guys are getting pretty bloody good combat rolls, maybe I need to send something stronger :D
"Get the one in the suit!  It's in charge!"

Shoot down the boss.
(2) You attempt to shoot at the one wearing the fire suit, but another one of the abominations tackles you to the ground (3), it can't get a good grip on you, but as you and it struggle, the spikes of bones coming through it's knees and arms tears into your skin. (6)  You manage to get your hatchet out, and drive it into it's skull, it lets out a gurgled sound and then realizes it is dead, slumping onto the floor.  (1) You go to rip your hatchet back out but the handle cracks, and the axe head stays lodged in the dead things head.  As you stand up, the suited monster's chest, and then face is shredded, but it's eyes are intact and it continues to walk towards you. (1) It Raises a magnum in it's hand, and levels it directly at your forehead.  (5) At the same time you bring your pistol up, (enemy-1 you-5) your shot flashes and finds it's mark, burying the small lead bullet deep into it's head.  It hits the floor with a thunder like a metal door falling over.
-mildly Wounded
-Hatchet Broken
-1 Shell

Keep firing!
(1) You begin shooting, and manage to seriously wound the air, at least your cop training keeps you from hitting any allies. (3,5,6,1) You manage to get the smg back under control and mow down a pair of the spiked abominations that were fighting each other, you then turn it on a pair coming through the window, and they fall backwards out onto the pavement, you hear a wet crunch as the one lands on the other.  Your clip runs out,  (3) and you manage to get the next one in place without jamming anything this time.
-32 SMG shells

Andrea grimaced and swung the shotgun over towards the controller. Maybe... if we take this guy out, it'll stop the rest of them. Either way, these are my last two shots. Instead of firing from the hip, she raised the shotgun and couched it against her shoulder, aiming along it.

Action: Two shots: one to the face, one to the torso. Afterward, put the shotgun away and attempt to fuel and light the gasoline furnace. If I do that and still have time, try to channel the heat from it into a flamethrower-like blast at the spiked ones remaining.
(6,4) You get a massive shot to it's chest, but the backfire strains your shoulder, and the shot you aim at it's head partially misses.  The thing doesn't seem phased at missing half it's face, it's too intent on getting to Steve. (3,5,5) You pour a splash of gasoline into the makeshift furnace, you give it a solid whack and it ignites.  You suck the heat from the fire, and the flames briefly glow blue before shooting into your hand.  At the same time you point the other hand the last three spiked ones that are fighting amongst themselves, the flame jumps the distance from your hand to them in a blue lance of heat (5) it severs ones leg, while blowing holes in the last two's chests as they are entangled trying to choke each other.  Smoke rises slowly from the thumb sized holes.  You then puke from the backfire pain, it feels like your bones have turned to molten lead!
-2 Shells

Try to shoot but if they get too close attempt to stab them with my buck knife,If possible, engage the boss
You attempt to level your rifle(?) but the shaking is too much, you give it up for a bad idea and draw your knife.  Seemingly the last two spiked abominations charge towards you, one from each side (5,5,4) just before they touch you, you slash with all your strength, and then drop to a crouch and spin behind you, tripping the other one, as it falls you plug the knife into it's chest, it slams into the floor with the added strength of the stab, slamming still, as the first one topples over, decapitated. You remove your knife and wipe the blood off on your pant-leg before sliding it home in the case.

Time:1:20PM day 1

Weather:Heavy Rain

Environment:All barricades and doors have been forced inwards and broken, the windows are shattered and glass lays all over the inside and street.
The large Bay doors is only blocked, and would only take 2 or three minutes to get out from.
Ally-way has one entrance blocked off with a broken car and various rubble, other is open

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around the warehouse):
Butchered-cleaned bear copse 80% left
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out
Wheel Barrel (lets you move 4 large items)
Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (8/10L)
Portable Power Generator (5/5L gas)

Taric: In Warehouse
slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Slightly Tired
Covered in Bear blood

Steve: In Warehouse
Slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Moderately Tired
Slightly Wounded

Angela: In Warehouse
Moderately Tired
Moderately Hungry
Moderately thirsty
In Pain

Henry: In Warehouse
Not Hungry
slightly Thirsty
Moderatly Tired

Jessie:NPC In Warehouse:Hiding
Not Hungry
Not Thristy
Fine
Apparently Telekinetic, only mildly, unaware of power.

Area:Near the warehouse is largely burned and unsafe to enter buildings, some may be able to hold up if you are careful. Nearby buildings have been searched, they are empty of anything useful that could be carried, some still house furniture, all have been looted heavily in the night.
***Bodies hand limp over destroyed barricades, litter the street outside, and are all over the floor inside, the smell is horrible. (aka it's likely things will be attracted by all the blood.)
Also this place IS defensible, but the insane mess everything is in you might wanna move on, Taric's house is confirmed standing still, and though the police station is burned to the ground, a nearby apartment building is in good standing.  Other spots may or may not be defensible.  If you wanna move out before night, soon would be a good idea.

*****Oh and if you want, I can attempt to make a quick-map to give you an idea of the towns layout, if not tonight I will make one tomorrow.
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 11
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2011, 06:29:10 pm »

A map would be nice.

"I don't think this place is safe anymore. Any suggestions for the next hideaway?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2011, 06:33:41 pm »

Andrea shuddered as her stomach continued to convulse. That was stupid idea... but at least it worked... she thought, coughing. Once she thought she was OK to move she got back to her feet with a shiver. Her head was pounding and her bones hurt. She pressed her fingertips against her forehead and massaged it lightly while she tried to think of what they should do next. "I don't think it's safe here guys. Maybe we should move on," she said. Andi put the shotgun back in her pack and picked up the suited guy's magnum; she needed a weapon for now and this one would have to do.

"Jessie? It's over now, you can come back out," she called towards the girl. To the others, she said, "let's load up this stuff and get moving. Anyone know where any other safe place is?"

Action: Load the wheelbarrow with the generator, chainsaw, and furnace. Follow the others to a safer place if anyone mentions one. If not, try leading them to my home.

Seconding the map if you feel like making one. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2011, 06:38:20 pm »

ya sure, I can draw up a rough draft on paint, or maybe paper, and I'll do a better one later.  Gimme about 20 minutes or so.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2011, 07:07:46 pm »

Here's a really quick Map, the town is pretty small, but this is just the location of places you have memorized, to the east of town is a hunter's lodge and park, West leads through alot of forest, with scattered homes.  North East eventual leads to the city of Duplitin, but it's more then a weeks walk through small towns and wilderness.  This is just a really rough draft, there's small homes scattered around the towns edges, these are just the places you can remember.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nom nom nom

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2011, 07:27:41 pm »

Steve swears to himself.

"That... thing was controlling them somehow.  It wanted me too...  Ugh."

"I do agree though- let's get the hell out of here.  Down the street to the east are some shops- we may be able to find some supplies there, since we're pretty low on food.  Other ideas?  In any case, we need to be somewhere safe come nightfall."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2011, 07:34:44 pm »

"My house is still intact, we could go there. It's also quite close to the ruins of the police station too."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2011, 08:26:09 pm »

"I'm for that.  Think we can secure it?"

If the group moves, go with it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26