Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 7 Year:3  (Read 25864 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 11
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2011, 08:29:19 pm »

"A fence, house and shed. Just thicken the fence and keep the house from being entered from the outside. Perfectly placed to see that convoy"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2011, 08:41:45 pm »

"These damn spasms are getting worse..but yeah. Taric, We should head over to your place, first things first is getting all of the windows and doors sealed good and shut...but besides that what should we do with the rest of this bear?"
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2011, 08:44:48 pm »

"Leave it," Andrea said. With any luck anything that followed the trail in here would be distracted by it instead of continuing to follow them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2011, 08:57:17 pm »

"Alright then, It's settled. Let's get packing then." Start helping haul everything to my house.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2011, 09:00:02 pm »

Help haul stuff to Taric's house.
Raggle Fraggle

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2011, 09:30:22 pm »

Turn 12:Ahh quick updates, how i love thee.
Andrea shuddered as her stomach continued to convulse. That was stupid idea... but at least it worked... she thought, coughing. Once she thought she was OK to move she got back to her feet with a shiver. Her head was pounding and her bones hurt. She pressed her fingertips against her forehead and massaged it lightly while she tried to think of what they should do next. "I don't think it's safe here guys. Maybe we should move on," she said. Andi put the shotgun back in her pack and picked up the suited guy's magnum; she needed a weapon for now and this one would have to do.

"Jessie? It's over now, you can come back out," she called towards the girl. To the others, she said, "let's load up this stuff and get moving. Anyone know where any other safe place is?"

Action: Load the wheelbarrow with the generator, chainsaw, and furnace. Follow the others to a safer place if anyone mentions one. If not, try leading them to my home.

Seconding the map if you feel like making one. ^^
(2) You wander over and take the fallen Magnum, you don't think to check the dead man for ammo, but the Magnum has 12 shots anyways, and it's a pretty powerful gun, army officer issue.
"I'm for that.  Think we can secure it?"

If the group moves, go with it.
"My house is still intact, we could go there. It's also quite close to the ruins of the police station too."
"These damn spasms are getting worse..but yeah. Taric, We should head over to your place, first things first is getting all of the windows and doors sealed good and shut...but besides that what should we do with the rest of this bear?"
Quote from: Jessie
She Crawls out from the crates, glances around, says coming Andrea, and follows.
Group Action:Move to Taric's house.(2,5,3,5)
The group moves, more or less in a line, from the warehouse, along the street, and gets to his house without any incident, the rain dissipates and finally stops by the time they arrive, it takes longer then before since Jessie is continually stopping to look at something she finds interesting, largely particularity strange, dead, abominations.  Taric, Henry, and Andrea take turns pushing the wheelbarrow, giving each other breaks since there is a lot of rubble and mud about, while Steve keeps his gun at the ready, just in case.

Taric's House:(1,1,4,5)The former chain-link fence seems to have been driven over recently by someone in a panic to escape, and the windows are largely broken.  However the two-story house is fire-free, and no sign of fighting has gone on nearby.  There is a small tool-shed/workshop in the backyard, just a 8x12 foot or so shed with tool benches and an assortment of screw-drivers, saws, hammers, and other things that someone collects over their lifetime.
Since Taric knows what's in his house, have a map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Time:2:00PM day 1

Weather:Cloudy

Environment:Taric's House:Smashed downstairs Windows, Chain-fence is knocked down and some posts are broken.  Shed is fine.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around Taric's Lawn):
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out
Wheel Barrel (lets you move 4 large items)
Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (8/10L)
Portable Power Generator (5/5L gas)

Taric: In Warehouse
slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Slightly Tired

Steve: In Warehouse
Slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Moderately Tired
Slightly Wounded

Angela: In Warehouse
Moderately Tired
Moderately Hungry
Moderately thirsty

Henry:Taric's House
Not Hungry
slightly Thirsty
Moderately Tired

Jessie:Taric's House
Slightly Hungry
Slightly Thirsty
Fine
Apparently Telekinetic, only mildly, unaware of power.
Nom nom nom

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 12
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2011, 09:35:53 pm »

Work quickly to patch up and barricade some of the windows.
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2011, 09:40:14 pm »

After all that, Andrea was feeling worn out. "How are you doing, Jessie?" she asked. "Are you hungry?"

Action: Eat and drink from the bottled water. Give Jessie as much as she needs to be fine first though. Then, if the sink and stove still work (or if I can use our portable one), set some water to boil to make sure it's clean. Once the water's boiled, turn it off to let it cool and take a quick nap for the rest of the hour.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2011, 09:43:41 pm »

Start fixing the fence.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2011, 09:49:10 pm »

Help with the fence.  Start tearing bits out of neighboring houses if we need more parts.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2011, 07:31:57 pm »

not dead, I've jsut had double shifts the last two days, tomorrows the day off so I'll try and get a double update,  if you want I already rolled for encounters and there are none so you could post a second turn.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2011, 06:26:07 pm »

Turn 13:The Turn that I can't think of a Title For
Work quickly to patch up and barricade some of the windows.
(4) You think quickly, and with Taric's instruction raid the tool shed for some nails and a hammer, then you rip some boards from the neighboring half-destroyed house.  Using those you pound up boards over the down stairs front windows, while leaving small enough gaps to be able to shoot through, you are proud of your work, and it would take at least an hour for anything to be able to bash it's way through it.... as long as it's human anyways.

Help with the fence.  Start tearing bits out of neighboring houses if we need more parts.
(6) You go to take some wood from a neighboring house, and manage to get a pretty large pile of random pieces to use in the fence, but when you are going for the last piece, you step on a nail, it goes right through to the top of your foot.  (5)Pulling out the nail, you let out a whimper and hobble back to the house, blood slowly drips through the hole onto the ground as you walk.
-Foot moderately wounded

Start fixing the fence.
(4)You set about putting the fence back onto the posts, luckily they seem to have only knocked the fence off, and all the poles are sound.  Steve drags over some wood and pieces of piping, and you put those to use supporting the fence, (5)and by the end of the hour, you have successfully fixed the damaged sections, and even reinforced it a bit, though you have a feeling it still wouldn't hold up too long under assault without some further reinforcement, of course most people could still climb over it.

After all that, Andrea was feeling worn out. "How are you doing, Jessie?" she asked. "Are you hungry?"

Action: Eat and drink from the bottled water. Give Jessie as much as she needs to be fine first though. Then, if the sink and stove still work (or if I can use our portable one), set some water to boil to make sure it's clean. Once the water's boiled, turn it off to let it cool and take a quick nap for the rest of the hour.
You head into the houses kitchen, Jessie in tow.  She sits down at a small one person table, and when asked if shes hungry, replies "Just a little."  (5)You decide to check the sink first, and manage to get a pot full of water before the tap runs dry, the powers off and it doesn't look like anyone will be coming around to fix it anytime soon.  (4)You find a bag of soup mix and pour it into the water, and then cook the entire thing with the last of the gas in the make-shift stove, you still wonder how Taric managed to build it so easily...  You and Jessie have a quick meal, and you drink the soup broth, better to save the bottled water anyways.  (3)You head into the living room and pass out on the couch.

Time:3:00PM day 1

Weather:Cloudy

Environment:Taric's House:Front Windows barricaded, side and back windows smashed open, Chain fence fixed, and lightly reinforced.  Shed is fine.

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around Taric's Lawn):
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out
Wheel Barrel (lets you move 4 large items)
Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (8/10L)
Portable Power Generator (5/5L gas)

Taric: Taric's house
slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Slightly Tired

Steve: Taric's house
Slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Moderately Tired
Moderately Wounded
Foot Moderately Wounded

Angela: Taric's House
Slightly Tired
Not Hungry
Not thirsty

Henry:Taric's House
Not Hungry
slightly Thirsty
Moderately Tired

Jessie:Taric's House
Not Hungry
Not Thirsty
Fine
Apparently Telekinetic, only mildly, unaware of power.
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 13
« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2011, 06:31:25 pm »

Start fixing up the windows. Bottom ones are to be shut off completly, top ones converted to pillboxes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2011, 09:40:15 pm »

Andrea was unable to sleep in all the racket caused by the guys fixing up the house, so she got up to pitch in.

Action: Help Taric with the windows. If we get done and someone else needs help, go assist them too.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2011, 10:12:38 pm »

"Ow."

Patch up my foot, then help fortify the lower level.

Note- I'll be away for the weekend, and probably only have phone internet.  If I don't post anything otherwise, my actions are:

If the group moves, follow them.
If there is danger, shoot it.
If anyone is injured, heal them.
If more than moderately tired, rest.
Otherwise, help fortify the house.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26