Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 61

Author Topic: RTPJ: Tis belongs to Schil now. Have fun.  (Read 87898 times)

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Seventeen: BOOM goes the dynalich!
« Reply #315 on: May 06, 2011, 09:17:31 pm »

"Damn. Whatever the hell that guy... girl... thing is, it hits hard," Ax observed as he went back downstairs. "Here ya go," he said, tossing Iali the cannon remote. "Hold on to that just in case anything happens, the rest of us have to get ready to meet some people." He went back to the roof and sat down. Hmm. Wonder if I could try manifesting more of my good ol' dad's demon traits. A pair of bat wings could be useful. With no better way to prepare in mind, he decided to try concentrating on that and seeing what would develop.
(4) You sit down and concentrate on manifesting some of your father's abilities. You succeed in gaining some minor traits, but no wings... (4) Apparently your dad did have cooler horns than you did until now. All curly, like sheep horns. These sure look intimidating.

Oh, well, take care of the rest of the fleet. Salvage. Store at least a few cords of good wood, I need some for later.
Time to l00t! (Fancy Stuff:1) Did you know that you guys really suck at salvage? There are no magical or awesome items here. (Mundane Stuff:6) That is some awesome loot. You got a really good sword for Big Jo, symbols of a dark god for Torir and a good god for Nirur, and a nice dress for BD. ...Why would a pirate have that in his trunk. Nevermind, don't want to know... Apparently BD can use only hir gloves as planejumping equipment, as a quick jump into the Astral plane and back shows. (Materials:4) And you get a good stack of wood and metal. Might be useful.

Nirur, still locked in his room, writes a letter of apology to each of the guardsmen he attacked and the alchemist who's shop he fought in, fully intending to give them the letters at some point in the future.

Torir, seeing nothing better to do, helps the mechanic/captain salvage wood. It's wise to ingratiate himself with the captain to show that he's not his older self (Hey, I'm fully expendable right now. That won't do), and extra repair material might just save his life on this mission.

((I think that, somehow, the good/evil split clarified both their worldviews away from Lawful Stupid - Nirur is starting to see many of his past actions as Evil, while Torir realizes that he was an idiot before. Both are still lawful, but less so then before.))
Nirur writes eloquent letters and stores them under his bed. Imho tries to help, but Nirur has enough common sense to push him away.

Torir tries to help Schilcote with the salvage efforts. (Fancy Stuff:3) He finds a little evil-looking dagger, but it doesn't have any special powers... (Mundane Stuff:1) And he destroys a crate of perfectly good swords. Nice job. (Materials:2) And no more wood is found.

Set about building a Cannon to end all cannons. Name it Fredrick.
It's buildin' time. (1) And you stop that meddlesome Golem from helping... *Cue Evil Laugh* (-1 to sanity roll) You do get Iali to help, because, you know... (1+1+1) You don't do especially great, but you don't botch the thing. (3+1) Iali does OK, too. (sanity:2-1) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! You have apparently created an explosives-firing robot of doom. Yay! (power:3) It can shoot explosives about as fast and far as a cannon. (size:1) It's SOOOOO CUUUUUTE! It's about the size of you but it has this shoulder-mounted cannon thing! Aww... (usefulness:3) It'll break down under stress, but it's not too weak. (efficiency:2) Fred uses up fuel a little faster than you would have wanted. Needs a stock of gunpowder. On Emet, it's no problem, but you might want to get it a bag to hold its powder in. (intelligence:1) ...And Fred is as dumb as a rock. Either you need to build a remote or constantly control him from the little panel on his back. This is the most boring failed sanity check ever.

Quote from: BD(AI)
(AI:3) Assist in the salvage
To the salvage! (Fancy Stuff:6) That is a good find. You find a large glowing warhammer in the wreckage. You decide to give it to Schilcote after you see the inscription, "I am Lifebane, slayer of living. I may only be wielded by one who is not truly alive." It doesn't seem to be evil, interestingly enough. Maybe a golem made it. Or an lich... You decide to stop salvaging after that...

Statuses:

Allies:
Spoiler: Iali Boltcut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)

Vehicles:
Spoiler: Flying House "Emet" (click to show/hide)

Vortices Found:
Plane of Death  √
Abyss
Plane of Water
Mechanus
Celestia
Wizard's Tower
Generic Asian Dojo

As you set Emet down on the roof (or at least the side that looks the most rooflike) a man dressed in a light blue robe comes out to greet you. He says, "My name is Unamet. I am the head teacher at the Academy of the Seven Vortices. The academy was named for the seven planegates inside our school. We were informed that only six heroes were coming to help us in our quest, and we were worried that one of our students would need to go in, but we see that you have gained an... Ally?" He says, glancing at Torir. "Come down to the meeting room so we can explain the situation in more detail." He leads you past classrooms, in which students of all species are learning fighting, magic, and other, stranger subjects. Is that an underwater basket-weaving class? What's that succubus doing there? Unamet leads you into a large hall, with a table made of a large black stone. "This is our central meeting hall at the school. Now, sit down, as we discuss your situation. There are seven of you, and seven portals in the school. We have been informed by the Hooded Man that you will all find a portal that will lead somewhere that suits your... Unique skills. The portals may only be used by one person every 200 years, however. Amazingly, the last recorded use of the portals was 200 years and two months ago. The Hooded Man often works like that... The portals all lead to Stones of Balance, which must be activated by the touch of someone who desires to fix the planes. Or, you know, the nearest person with Designated Protagonist Syndrome. The hole in the planes that was detected recently is an abberation in the natural balance that may only be fixed by all of the Stones being activated.  However, we have no idea where these portals are. You will need to find them throughout the school. We do know where the portals lead to. There is one for the Abyss, the realm of demons; one for the Plane of Water, in the Dark Depths; one for Mechanus, the plane of those annoying Law-aligned robots, the Modrons; one for the Plane of Death, the realm of the Lich-King and his undead horde; one for Celestia, the angels' retreat; and two for the Material Plane, one in the tower of the great wizard Xabsusies and one in the Great Dojo of the Land of the Tiny Purple Eagles, on the Generic Exotic Continent. You need to find all of these portals, and activate them by saying a specific phrase that you will need to solve annoying puzzles to find, like, I don't know, 'Begin the Ghostly Lord's Working of Madness' or something." As he says that last bit, the table starts to glow with an unearthly light. You see what appear to be some screaming faces in it, and then a picture of a hellish landscape, full of open graves and other creepy things symbolising death or something. "Huh. That's never happened before. Hey, one less portal to find! But you should wait to enter until you've found the other portals, so the... Um... Gods! Yeah, so the gods have less to keep track of! And remember that only one person can go through each portal..."
[/wall of text]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:20:02 pm by choobakka »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Eighteen: Portals & Puzzles
« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2011, 09:32:36 pm »

you didn't post anything for jo...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2011, 09:34:51 pm »

I wonder which one is for me  ::)

Start looking around the academy for any dojo type area's.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 06, 2011, 09:42:07 pm »

you didn't post anything for jo...
Jo just followed them. You didn't post anything that needed a reply.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 06, 2011, 09:51:02 pm »

Fred? Fred?! FREEEEED?! SPEAK TO ME MAN! I WILL GIVE YOU THOUGHT!
Raggle Fraggle

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 06, 2011, 10:13:24 pm »

why do we have to use portals? why not just planejump the entire group to another plane and do it that way?

*sigh*

Go an' fin' da' po'al fo' da' wata' plan'

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 06, 2011, 10:16:02 pm »

So we have to do this now? Fair enough. I will enact TEH PLAN immediately afterward.

Look for the portal for r00botz.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 06, 2011, 10:29:29 pm »

why do we have to use portals? why not just planejump the entire group to another plane and do it that way?
Because they go to hidden locations on these planes. Very secret locations.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 06, 2011, 10:38:47 pm »

Some one must keep up the noble task of keeping up the Angel Killing Quota.
Raggle Fraggle

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 06, 2011, 10:52:55 pm »

I would suggest Torir.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 06, 2011, 10:54:04 pm »

"I guess I'm heading into the Abyss, huh? Guess I could always take a looksee around the ancestral homestead." He thought for a moment. Hmm. Guess I could go ask that succubus where the entrance is, she probably came from there. He went back down the hall to find her and ask her where the entrance was, and how to open it if she knew.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 06, 2011, 11:08:33 pm »

..... Almost as many awesome creations as MM.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 06, 2011, 11:09:08 pm »

..... Almost as many awesome creations as MM.
MM?
Raggle Fraggle

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 07, 2011, 02:09:06 am »

*tugs at GM*

Lemmmeeee iinnnnnnn   :D
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 07, 2011, 06:52:15 am »

*tugs at GM*

Lemmmeeee iinnnnnnn   :D
You're on the waiting list. You'll likely get in after a second someone quits/dies.
----------

Nirur  glances around at his group briefly, pondering what would happen if any of them gets to Celestia. "I'll go to Celestia, of course."

"I suppose I'm the only other one qualified to deal with undead." He grins wickedly. "Are you sure the angels won't attack a guard-slayer on sight?"

"I ... I am no guard slayer. I will not rise to your bait."

"If you say so. I'll go organize a ... party of academics."

Nirur heads to the biggest library, looking for long-forgotten clues.

Torir, not needing to find clues, looks for a party. If he finds none, he will organize one. Someone should have alcohol stored away in a place like this.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 61