Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 61

Author Topic: RTPJ: Tis belongs to Schil now. Have fun.  (Read 87873 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Eighteen: Portals & Puzzles
« Reply #330 on: May 07, 2011, 08:11:50 am »

..... Almost as many awesome creations as MM.
MM?

MMMMMMMMMMMM... Ritcher!
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Raggle Fraggle

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 07, 2011, 09:02:15 am »

I am learned now.
Raggle Fraggle

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 07, 2011, 12:55:30 pm »

MM= Multi~world Madness
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 07, 2011, 02:06:04 pm »

Nirur  glances around at his group briefly, pondering what would happen if any of them gets to Celestia. "I'll go to Celestia, of course."

"I suppose I'm the only other one qualified to deal with undead." He grins wickedly. "Are you sure the angels won't attack a guard-slayer on sight?"

"I ... I am no guard slayer. I will not rise to your bait."

"If you say so. I'll go organize a ... party of academics."

Nirur heads to the biggest library, looking for long-forgotten clues.

Torir, not needing to find clues, looks for a party. If he finds none, he will organize one. Someone should have alcohol stored away in a place like this.
(5) Nirur finds a huge library. And then looks up to see people walking all over the ceiling and shelves... This variable gravity thing is disorienting... (6) Nirur finds an old journal with "Atenniab Lakedream" written on the cover. He opens it, and reads a long passage about the last time the universe was in peril, from the Dark Lord Lightslayer Grimderp McOverthetop, the Eater of Babies' Souls. Atenniab was a Paladin sent from the Temple of the Elven goddess Thaaluson, and was sent into the realm of Celestia. She hid the gate somewhere in the library, in a secret room that can only be accessed by taking the only book from her personal library (other than this journal) in the library. There is also a very annoying riddle: "The tale of Barrel-Rider, and Spider-Slayer, the Ring-Thief and the Companion of Dwarves." Why all of the riddles? (This book actually exists in the Real World. And you should have read it if you are familiar with fantasy novels. If nobody gets it, I'll tell you next turn.)

Torir decides that a party is in order, and where else to hold a party than a school! (2) Damn stuffy little twerps... They're all between 16 and 25! Or the equivalent for their species! They should love any excuse for a party! *sigh*

"I guess I'm heading into the Abyss, huh? Guess I could always take a looksee around the ancestral homestead." He thought for a moment. Hmm. Guess I could go ask that succubus where the entrance is, she probably came from there. He went back down the hall to find her and ask her where the entrance was, and how to open it if she knew.
(5) You go into the classroom where the succubus was "teaching" a minute ago. You ask her, "Uh, miss? Do you happen to know where the portal to the Abyss is?" She looks at you, and says, "Why do you want to know, little Tiefling? You do realize that you will not be very welcome there... The Demon Lords do not like a halfbreed trying to get favors from his parent..."  "Well, you see, I'm apparently a hero now, by no fault of mine, and I need to access the Balance-thing to save the world or something." She laughs. "A half-demon, saving the world? Ha! Well, since you have given me such amusement, I will aid you. For a price. You need to get the notebook of the professor of mechanics to me. I will show you the gate then." Hey, breaking and entering is your specialty, right? No problem!

So we have to do this now? Fair enough. I will enact TEH PLAN immediately afterward.

Look for the portal for r00botz.
(1) You look through the hallways, and end up in a dark part of the school with glowing crystals on the walls. A small man runs past you, screaming, "The creature is free! Run for your lives!" You hear a loud noise from around the corner, and a tentacle suddenly shoots toward you. (dodge:4) You step out of the way, and see a monstrous ball of tentacles and claws coming towards you on hundreds of little legs. Damn eldritch abominations.

why do we have to use portals? why not just planejump the entire group to another plane and do it that way?

*sigh*

Go an' fin' da' po'al fo' da' wata' plan'
Hmmm... Maybe there's a swimming pool or something? (2) Well, if there is, you can't find it. You don't see anything particularly interesting in this stretch of obnoxiously twisty hallway, either.

Fred? Fred?! FREEEEED?! SPEAK TO ME MAN! I WILL GIVE YOU THOUGHT!
It's time to create a brain for Fred! Let's do this! (5) You find an apparently unused laboratory! With all sorts of neat tools! (+1 to mechanics, -1 to sanity) (3+1+1) You're on a roll! +1 to usefulness, efficiency! (sanity:4-1) And you manage to stop doing anything too ridiculous... (power:4) It's a fairly intelligent brain you just made. (size:5) And it has to be lodged in Fred's chest cavity instead of his head. Oh well, that doesn't actually effect anything. (usefulness:1+1) It's prone to overheating, so it might shut down whenever Fred shoots his cannon. But only on a 1. (efficiency:6+1) And it actually produces gunpowder as a byproduct of whatever alchemical reaction you got to run this thing, so no more problems for Fred. You install the brain into the Fred-shell, and turn it on. "Hello Master. What is my name?" "You are Fred. Fred the cannon-bot." "Alright, master. Thank you for creating me."

I wonder which one is for me  ::)

Start looking around the academy for any dojo type area's.

Time to find that portal to the MP. The Generic Asian one. (1) Hey, you found a dojo-type place! One that appears to be populated entirely by dummies! That can walk! The door seals behind you, and the dummies start to move in your direction...

Statuses:

Allies:
Spoiler: Iali Boltcut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)

Vehicles:
Spoiler: Flying House "Emet" (click to show/hide)

Vortices Found:
Plane of Death  √
Abyss
Plane of Water
Mechanus
Celestia
Wizard's Tower
Generic Asian Dojo

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since I, as a golem, have no interest in seeing the results of tentacle monsters and teenage schoolgirls being in close proximity...

The tentacle monster is living. Have Lifebane change that. Then continue searching.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:19:36 pm by Schilcote »

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since I, as a golem, have no interest in seeing the results of tentacle monsters and teenage schoolgirls being in close proximity...

The tentacle monster is living. Have Lifebane change that. Then continue searching.
Oh god, I didn't think of that...  :o I wonder what that teacher was trying to do?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Ring-Thief is a pretty big hint, although I would've known it from Barrel-Rider. :3

"Can I get something else if I come back with more?" Ax asked impishly. "Cause I can get my hands on some gold, no problem. Ah, anyway, back in a few minutes babe." He left to go find the mechanics wing. No problem there, he just had to ask the next scholar he saw where the golem went. Once he was in the mechanics wing it should be an easy task to locate the correct office. Amusing her. Feh. There's a lot of ways to amuse a girl. Give me half a chance... he thought, muttering as he looked around.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... 'Companion of Dwarves' sounds suspiciously like that other golem guy...

"Spider-slayer" means Nirur-Torir...

Ring-theif and barrel rider I've got nothing for. Care to explain, Serious?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I'm trying to think of a good hint that doesn't give it away. :-\ How about the battle of five armies? That's probably too on-the-nose though.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to think of a good hint that doesn't give it away. :-\ How about the battle of five armies? That's probably too on-the-nose though.

OOOOooohhhh, I get it. Needed to google, but I get it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I've read that particular book a lot. It was kind of hard for me to think of something identifiable but not TOO obscure. :-\

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was my favorite book from like age 7 until a year or two ago...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 61