Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 152865 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 7: Nat and Nathan Shenanigans. Finally, ComBat.
« Reply #405 on: April 13, 2011, 02:40:16 am »

Yep. You can enchant each piece separately.
Ooooooooooooh. How's that work? Could I, say, have a sword with a separate enchantment on the hilt, pommel, and blade? Would they be enchanted before or after being assembled? Would they all still be offensive sword-enchants because they're part of the sword, or would the non-blade bits have to/be able to take different benefits because they're not directly involved? Could I make, say, a triple-flame sword or a quadruple-shield breastplate this way?

What about golems? Could I spend the necromancy HP cost on each piece separately, healing myself between castings, or just enchant each part of the golem with some sort of benefit? Does the necromancy revival cost apply to meat golems? What about non-meat golems?

And I thought I could abuse systems. o.O You, sir, have effectively put me in my place. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 13, 2011, 02:44:43 am »

No quoting because I'm starting to get lazy.

@Irony

The way it would work would be each piece touched has it's spell casted. Meaning if you've enchanted one edge of a sword blade with a flame spell and the other with another flame spell, only if they touch will they cause the certain spell to be casted.

Similarly, if you enchant a handle to freeze, well, it'll freeze your hands.

To prevent things from being overpowered, I think I'll have it where, if you combine things, each piece will roll a 2/1+num of enchantments roll to keep enchantments. Meaning with 2 enchantments, there's a 2/3 chance for each enchantment to stay. With 4, there will be a 2/5 chance for each enchantment to stay.

For golems, you only need HP to revive things, not necessarily reform things.

PPE: Oh come on you guys. Just freaking give me a chance to post...

Also, remind me never to make a magic based RTD EVER AGAIN. Warblegarble.
For the RTD I'm still planning, I basically decided to make it entirely the players' problem by making it incredibly open-ended. There's a specific way you go about it, but figuring out "How/Can I do X?" will be their job. :P
I MUST SIGN UP!!!!
Same. If you start it I would really like to have a PM just in case, since I usually don't patrol the RTD sub-forum all that often.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 13, 2011, 02:51:42 am »

come on you guys let him post plus it's more fun if you dont know what will happen when you try something
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Next time, guys, it would be nice to tell me your specific targets so I don't have to do die rolls.

Yank the bolt out and help nathan up
[2]: You try to yank the bolt out, but the dried flesh is really making it hard. Crap! Crap crap crap crap!

Trundle to slums, look for a way to help people.
[6][Luck: 6]: You trundle to the "slums" before you realize that the actual slums in Toi are about as rich as middle-class citizens in other countries. Well, that's to be expected from people that can sell things as if they were once-in-a-lifetime items.

However, you do find a man crying. "Why, sheela, why? I told you not to trust him." He says.

Location change: Somewhere in Toi.

Get up and help Nat yank the bolt out. Pick up the ninja rock.
[4]: Unlike Nat, you actually pull out the bolt. [Nat Luck: 6]: She doesn't seem to be harmed from this.

[NINJA ROLL OF NINJANESS: 5+100]:However, when you try to grab the rock, it isn't there anymore. Strange.

Nat: -Status: Dehydrating Quickly.

Combat initiative:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Bat 3
Attack attack attack!
The third bat attacks [1] Darin! [1+3] VS [4] Just missing him.

Darin: +3 Defense skill.

Quote from: Dostricht
Slice the third one!
Dostricht swings his heavy sword at the third one. [5+4+2] VS [5] While the bat is fast, Dostricht is faster. Dostricht hits the bat and does 6+4+2 damage, splitting the bat in half from the head!

Bat 3 has been struck down.

Kill them Bats
[2] You attack the second. [3+2] VS [3]: You strike the second, dealing 2+5 damage, crippling the bat!

Bat 2: -7 HP.
+1 Longsword skill.
Now Adept in Longsword.

Quote from: Bat 1
EAT THEIR FLESH
[4]The first attacks Kirion! [3+3] VS [5] Nailing him! But the bat does no damage!

Surround myself with a difficult (-1 penalty) kinetic shield.
[3+1-1][Luck: 4]: The shield proves to be a little too difficult for you to do, so you instead cast a minor shield around yourself.

You also feel someone probing in your brain. "Novice in Shield magic? No, no, you should be Beginner, not Novice."

+1 Shield magic skill.
Status change: Protected by Minor Kinetic Barrier shield: 6/6 Shield points. Immobile. Maintaining.

changing action
Make rock spikes and throw them at the bats (through magic, not my hand, unless otherwise would be better)
Strikethrough your canceled action next time, please.

[3+2][Luck: 6]: You successfully throw spikes at the bats... and Dostricht and Ravenium.

Bat 1: [1] VS [5]: The first bat almost literally stays still while your spikes miss.
Bat 2: [4] VS [3]: The second tries to dodge, but you nail it and do 3 damage, killing it!
Dostricht: [1] VS [I don't really need to roll for this do I?]: Dostricht steps aside and sighs at your piss poor aiming.
Ravenium: [4] VS [2+1-1]: Due to Ravenium having no idea how to dodge and thus avoid becoming a bullet sponge, you hit her, dealing 3 damage to her, hitting her arm! She [Shield roll failed] fails to block with her shield and gets hit. Her armor takes 1 damage and she takes 2.

Bat 2 has been struck down.
Ravenium: -2 HP.
Ravenium: Steel armor: -1 AHP.
+1 Earth magic skill.
Now Novice in Earth magic.
New spell: Minor Earth spike: Easy to cast. 1d3 damage.

Shoot at a bat.
Since there is only one bat remaining, the choice is easy.

You click your crossbow's trigger but nothing happens...

...then it hits you; you have no bolts.

You hear several thousand facepalms happening.

"Just a second, I'll take care of that," Kirion said as he cast a healing spell on Darin.
[4+1+1][Luck 3]: You cast a trivial healing spell at Darin.

It's so trivial, in fact, that it only heals 1 HP.

Oh well, at least you got skill.

+2 Healing magic skill.
Darin: +1 HP.

Quote from: Bat 2
Be dead.
You die.

(all) +1 chaos.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Allies:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:
Spoiler: Giant bat 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Giant bat 2 (dead) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Giant bat 3 (dead) (click to show/hide)

I just noticed, Ze Spy has only 16 HP. And he picked a melee character. That's rather low...

Also. I decided that ranged non-AoE spells have a too little chance of hitting. So from now on skill bonuses will be factored in in the to-hit. Intelligence bonuses don't affect to-hit still, though, since being smart doesn't really help your aiming.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:52:44 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Thank Nathan, Load the Dehydration bolt and let us get going
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Damn it Darvi, that was totally in character too. :P

Assume my allies can easily handle the last bat, and thus fashion one of the dead ones into furry bathide gloves. Also suggest we try middle left once the bat is inevitably dealt with and the loot is collected, if we get that far.

Also, I guess TolyK and Tarran are on the reserve/PM list of my probably-sort-of-soon RTD, even though it was supposed to be more about melee combat. That's what I get for assuming anything might be more interesting than wizards, I guess. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Cold ashes, he was starting like this place, he might have to get a set of finer rags though... Arzhog approached the weeping man and offered him a drink from his bottle, if the man wanted to share is tale of woe he would. Arzhog had been told in the past that he could be... abrasive with other people.

Offer the weeping man a drink and sit with him, look understanding and try to talk as little as possible. Offer to help him.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Hold on, I'll try that again," Kirion said, then proceeded to cast a spell one tier more difficult than before on Darin.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

whoops, sorry ze spy  :P

at least I hit them  :P

Make a kinetic shield around the last bat (blocks movement)
and finally level up :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and finally level up :P
Oh, wait, level-up? That means SLP doesn't it?

...yes it does. Forgot. Editing.

See, this is why I need you guys to be more vigilant. I WILL make mistakes in a game as complex as this.

Ed: Also forgot to add Ze's new SLP from being adept.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:28:52 am by Tarran »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

also:
Name: Nowan Ilfideme.

SLP: 3/4.
Level: 0.

Skills:
  Novice Earth magic 8/16.
  Adept Polymorph magic 17/24.
  Beginner Shield magic 7/8.
  Novice beginner Defense 4/8.
erm, isn't defense beginner?  :P thanks for the update though.

am I the second-highest-level character now (after my action)?S

I just noticed, Ze Spy has only 16 HP. And he picked a melee character. That's rather low...
:( that sucks
Also. I decided that ranged non-AoE spells have a too little chance of hitting. So from now on skill bonuses will be factored in in the to-hit. Intelligence bonuses don't affect to-hit still, though, since being smart doesn't really help your aiming.
cool!
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

erm, isn't defense beginner?  :P thanks for the update though.
...Yes, yes it should be.

Nice spotting.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

"You do that again, and i'll bury you alive"

Attack the last bat

I am starting to regret Relying on only High damage, seriously, LOOK at it : Fucking Friendly fire EVERY GODDAMN WHERE

Seriously, it's like Surgery, but with a Bunch of shit flying around trying to kill you

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Wait. Wait. What. Damn. Curse you Tarran.

Throw my x-bow at the Earth.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:44:43 am by Darvi »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Wait. Wait. What. Damn. Curse you Tarran.

Throw my x-bow at the Earth.
dont do that.
just craft bolts from the bones of the bats  :P

also, tarran, with the earth spikes, with the new system, would friendly fire happen this often>

also, all: I noticed that I have the second highest level after this roll :D
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 139