Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 152857 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 7: Nat and Nathan Shenanigans. Finally, ComBat.
« Reply #390 on: April 13, 2011, 02:01:05 am »

I can cast earth golems, no? Or can I only make them, but not give any life.
You can only make them. If you want them to move, you have to either move them yourself, but then you can't move, or get them something with a soul in it.

Just remember that the soul taken might not be very friendly if you've killed it. If it isn't, you'll have to have a necromancer mess around with it.

Why do you need the soul?

You have your Golem that Runs on Soulpower, he goes on until he springs a leak.
You have your Golem that is animated directly by the caster and is his avatat.

Why can't you have a rechargable golem where it runs off of charge given by the creator, when its power runs out it just deactivates. It wouldn't have the intelligence of an ensouled golem, but you might be able to get it to obey simply commands like "Stand here. Clobber anything that isn't me and moves."

Blood resevoir? X Hp for X turns of life?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 13, 2011, 02:02:41 am »

You have your Golem that Runs on Soulpower, he goes on until he springs a leak.
You have your Golem that is animated directly by the caster and is his avatat.

Why can't you have a rechargable golem where it runs off of charge given by the creator, when its power runs out it just deactivates. It wouldn't have the intelligence of an ensouled golem, but you might be able to get it to obey simply commands like "Stand here. Clobber anything that isn't me and moves."

Blood resevoir? X Hp for X turns of life?
hmm rechargable golems...
also: would I be able to enchant them with a shield?  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 13, 2011, 02:04:16 am »

(I have no idea what a Cheddarius is other than that it's a bad thing to do, given the context. >.>)

Look at a preveous RTD in which CHedarius was a healer, he ended up rollign badly and harming the party way too often, this is now known as the chedarius
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 13, 2011, 02:08:25 am »

Alright, cool. Would there be any way to craft a more powerful golem/item by assembling each component separately?

you'll have to have a necromancer mess around with it.
Now where can we get one of those? :D

So, I will instead make it -2 with any unskilled penalties from either schools.
Curses.

(I have no idea what a Cheddarius is other than that it's a bad thing to do, given the context. >.>)
(same thing here :P)
Oh man, you guys are missing out.

I'd recommend reading Arcanum Octet II, which is where it happened, but if you're too lazy I can recount it for you. For now just imagine a healer with my luck at soulstone creation. Yeeeaaaahhhh...

Hmm. You could make IO some soul golems.
I appreciate the thought, but stuffing my good, evilness, sanity, or other such qualities into golems is the start of a divine myth, not a valid combat strategy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 13, 2011, 02:10:20 am »

lol
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 13, 2011, 02:12:22 am »

I'm not unskilled in either of the schools  :P so that would be fine, right?  :D
Aside from the -2 penalty. I meant you have a -2 penalty PLUS any unskilled penalties from either school. Meaning casting a dual-school spell with no skill in either is a -4 penalty.

...So if I wanted to try a trivial spell for that +1 bonus, how much HP would it be possible to restore?
Very little. Maybe 1-3 HP, at best.

(same thing here :P)
...My god you guys. I can't believe you.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=50593.msg1194108#msg1194108

Because something needs to power the golem, and something needs to be smart enough to move.

Because there needs to be some sort of intelligence. No intelligence=no understanding=no thoughts=no movement.

Also, the power needed needs a soul to be in connection with the golem. Charges, even if you tried, wouldn't last long.

Yes. Just remember things may get wonky if you do so.

Also, remind me never to make a magic based RTD EVER AGAIN. Warblegarble.

Also2: Draignean, I'm still waiting with bated breath about your magic RTD.

PPE: THREE REPLIES. THREE.

Look at a preveous RTD in which CHedarius was a healer, he ended up rollign badly and harming the party way too often, this is now known as the chedarius
Correct.

Alright, cool. Would there be any way to craft a more powerful golem/item by assembling each component separately?
Yep. You can enchant each piece separately.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 13, 2011, 02:15:41 am »

Might as well go for trivial then since Darin ain't hurt THAT badly and I need to level the skill before I start trying to heal major wounds.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 13, 2011, 02:19:33 am »

oh boy.
I don't wanna dual cast  :D
hmmm

changing action
Make rock spikes and throw them at the bats (through magic, not my hand, unless otherwise would be better)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 13, 2011, 02:20:57 am »

Because there needs to be some sort of intelligence. No intelligence=no understanding=no thoughts=no movement.

Also, the power needed needs a soul to be in connection with the golem. Charges, even if you tried, wouldn't last long.

Yes. Just remember things may get wonky if you do so.

I'm still waiting with bated breath about your magic RTD.

your magic RTD.

What magi- OH CRAP.

Out of sight, out of mind.

I've got the map around here somewhere, I'll update relatively soon and you get to see my crappy pixel art.

PS.

Science can be just as bad, then you've got a perfectly reasonable, well thought out, and plausible concept that would repeatedly smash wrenches into your game's nuts. And you can't just say that magic doesn't work that way.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 13, 2011, 02:24:16 am »

Science can be just as bad, then you've got a perfectly reasonable, well thought out, and plausible concept that would repeatedly smash wrenches into your game's nuts. And you can't just say that magic doesn't work that way.
*whistles*
I like to twist rules in any way possible...

my Roll to Hack - wow, folks are really trying to do various things.
for whoever doesn't know: Korea got nuked  :P don't ask me how until the game ends. Or darvi explains.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 13, 2011, 02:25:38 am »

What magi- OH CRAP.

I've got the map around here somewhere, I'll update relatively soon and you get to see my crappy pixel art.
Yay!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 13, 2011, 02:27:23 am »

What magi- OH CRAP.

Yay!
I'm reserving a spot there too!
(I need more reasons to stay on the internet  :P)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 13, 2011, 02:31:55 am »

Get up and help Nat yank the bolt out. Pick up the ninja rock.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 13, 2011, 02:34:29 am »

Also, we really don't want to be obsoleting a dedicated healer, so changing action.

Surround myself with a difficult (-1 penalty) kinetic shield.

For the RTD I'm still planning, I basically decided to make it entirely the players' problem by making it incredibly open-ended. There's a specific way you go about it, but figuring out "How/Can I do X?" will be their job. :P

If it's any consolation, I do this to all my GMs. :P

Yep. You can enchant each piece separately.
Ooooooooooooh. How's that work? Could I, say, have a sword with a separate enchantment on the hilt, pommel, and blade? Would they be enchanted before or after being assembled? Would they all still be offensive sword-enchants because they're part of the sword, or would the non-blade bits have to/be able to take different benefits because they're not directly involved? Could I make, say, a triple-flame sword or a quadruple-shield breastplate this way?

What about golems? Could I spend the necromancy HP cost on each piece separately, healing myself between castings, or just enchant each part of the golem with some sort of benefit? Does the necromancy revival cost apply to meat golems? What about non-meat golems?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 13, 2011, 02:37:22 am »

woah, that's almost as many questions as I ask  :P

For the RTD I'm still planning, I basically decided to make it entirely the players' problem by making it incredibly open-ended. There's a specific way you go about it, but figuring out "How/Can I do X?" will be their job. :P
I MUST SIGN UP!!!!
If it's any consolation, I do this to all my GMs. :P
Same here :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 139