Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 152866 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 7: Nat and Nathan Shenanigans. Finally, ComBat.
« Reply #375 on: April 13, 2011, 01:16:11 am »

Arzhog looked at the barkeep and roared with laughter, managing only one word between choking gasps. "When?" Man hadn't seen as much ale, wine, or beer as Arzhog had been through, and that barely scratched the surface of his experience with the poisons of man. Shaking he was drunk enough to not muse like this he stumbled out the door. The man who greeted them and said something out brothers, that was as good a place as any to be begin searching for the others.

Still, they could take care of themselves... There was more that he could do here and they'd get along fine without him. Taking a long pull from the bottle to quell the sense of unease in his belly he sought out the poorest section of the city, looking for a way to help those who would recognize him as their own, dirty, smelly, though probably not ancient and accursed.

Trundle to slums, look for a way to help people.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 13, 2011, 01:20:05 am »

"Get the hell out!" Go with every one else, out of the cave. Enchant my armor with a more powerful version of the reflective spell (it would be mobile with me, i.e. it moves along with me)
You don't need mobile shield enchantments for mobile items.

[3+2-1][Luck: 6]: You make a expertly enchant your armor to reflect magic 1/3 of the time. However, this weakened the armor a little.

Item change: Aluminum Armor>Enchanted Aluminum Armor: 1/3 chance to deflect non-AoE spells back at caster.
+1 Shield magic skill.
New spell: Magic reflection shield: Hard to cast (-1 to casting). 1/3 chance to deflect magic casted at user that hits shield. Stationary. Must be maintained.
Armor damage: -2 AHP for Aluminum Armor.
oh, so the enchanment part makes it mobile? ooookay....

The bar-keeper says "Sir, perhaps you should take a break from drinking? It's not good for your health, you could die."
LOL

MAIN QUEST: Dragon Hunt.
Participants: Darin. Ravenium. Nowan. Kirion. Joseph.

You decide to go down the far left path. And... [2] You don't manage to find the dragon yet again. However, there can't be many more places he can hide.

[Enemy: 2, few and weak][Traps: 3, some][Chaos: 3, little][Player initiative: 1, players get jumped on][Treasure: 3, not much]: You come across a small room, filled with three giant bats and a few rotting corpses. They see you and jump you before you can act!
well, looks like a good place.
Dostricht shouts: "Черт!"
"Грязная собака без шкуры!"
Russian on the interwebz makes me LOL  :D
"Dirty dog without fur"? Not a typical russian... erm...
The first decides to attack [3] Nowan! 1+3 VS 5-1: Nowan just barely dodges out of the way of the sharp claws.

(Nowan) +3 Defense skill.
(Nowan) Now Novice in Defense.
woah. well this is awesome, I'm getting practice!

(All) Location change: Bat cave.
(All) +1 chaos.
Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)
  Adept Polymorph magic 17/24.
shouldn't it be 17/18? or did you change that?
also: yay soo close to level-up!

Yeah, combat. Not much of one, but combat none the less.

Anyway, REALLY bored right now. Tell me if I missed anything... or just stay quiet, like you guys have for the entire game, where several mistakes were only spotted by me.

Also, yes, I did make a horrible pun. Sorry if it makes your ears bleed.
:D

how should I attack the bats? maybe... polymorph them? hmmm.. can I polymorph their wings off?

@Draignean: Chaotic Good/Chaotic Lawful? gud!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 13, 2011, 01:24:04 am »

Suck the life out of the bat that attacked me.

Also, how much preparation would be needed to fashion various things out of the bats? Purely as examples, how many actions/turns would it take to make bat-hide gloves, a bat-hide and bat-bone robe like I've got now, or a hideous bat-part meat golem? What about vaguer actions like "butcher it for useful parts" or "extract all the edibles?"

Also, bat-things.

And as long as we're on the subject, how exactly would making golems work? I assume getting a better roll on making/animating the body would result in a stronger golem, but what else can I do/avoid to get a better minion?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:14:03 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 13, 2011, 01:26:07 am »

hmm haven't thought about it.
I guess I'll do this then:

Polymorph the wings off of one.
(too bad I smoothed everything, otherwise I could be using come stalactites  :D)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 13, 2011, 01:33:39 am »

...I know someone mentioned something about it earlier, but I just now realized TolyK's dual-wielding shields.

What.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 13, 2011, 01:35:15 am »

"Just a second, I'll take care of that," Kirion said as he cast a healing spell on Darin.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 13, 2011, 01:38:10 am »

Kill them Bats

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 13, 2011, 01:38:20 am »

Questions questions questions...

It was originally Dirty Skinless Dog. However, apparently Russians like to say it differently.

shouldn't it be 17/18?
No. Read the Skill Levels and Player Levels spoiler on the first page; there is no place that requires 18 points.

Also, how much preparation would be needed to fashion various things out of the bats? Purely as examples, how many actions/turns would it take to make bat-hide gloves, a bat-hide and bat-bone robe like I've got now, or a hideous bat-part meat golem? What about vaguer actions like "butcher it for useful parts" or "extract all the edibles?"
For crafting things, one turn per each. For extracting things, one turn if you do only that or if you make items out of their skin after extracting then both happen on the same turn.

And as long as we're on the subject, how exactly would making golems work? I assume getting a better roll on making/animating the body would result in a stronger golem, but what else can I do/avoid to get a better minion?
You can attempt to cast higher level spells. There are six levels of spells, of varying difficulty:
Trivial is Trivial to cast (+1), Minor is Easy to cast (+0), Normal is hard to cast (-1), Major is Difficult to cast (-2), High Major is Very Difficult to cast (-3), Omega is Extremely Difficult to cast (-4), and Epic is Impossible to cast (-5).

...I know someone mentioned something about it earlier, but I just now realized TolyK's dual-wielding shields.

What.
He's badass, isn't he?

"Just a second, I'll take care of that," Kirion said as he cast a healing spell on Darin.
Oooohh! Our first healing spell of the game guys! Let's see if Serious will pull a Cheddarius or not.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 13, 2011, 01:44:44 am »

in bold below
Questions questions questions...

It was originally Dirty Skinless Dog. However, apparently Russians like to say it differently.
eh more like "dirty pig" :-\ I don't swear much myself :D

shouldn't it be 17/18?
No. Read the Skill Levels and Player Levels spoiler on the first page; there is no place that requires 18 points.
ah ok, just making sure.

For crafting things, one turn per each. For extracting things, one turn if you do only that or if you make items out of their skin after extracting then both happen on the same turn.
... i don't think I'll be crafting much :P

You can attempt to cast higher level spells. There are six levels of spells, of varying difficulty:
Trivial is Trivial to cast (+1), Minor is Easy to cast (+0), Normal is hard to cast (-1), Major is Difficult to cast (-2), High Major is Very Difficult to cast (-3), Omega is Extremely Difficult to cast (-4), and Epic is Impossible to cast (-5).
I can cast earth golems, no? Or can I only make them, but not give any life.

What.
He's badass, isn't he?
8) yes I am. well, it's mostly for defense, this guy focuses on it. (yeah, and with only magic-based skills...)

Oooohh! Our first healing spell of the game guys! Let's see if Serious will pull a Cheddarius or not.
ooooh boy, ya know what, I might not need healing spells too often  :P

one more question: I only need an earth spell and a shield spell to level up, correct? so, basically, I can do a combination spell and level up right now?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 13, 2011, 01:51:23 am »

I'm a pirate, so I cause extra damage against ninjas.

Shoot at a bat.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 13, 2011, 01:53:34 am »

eh more like "dirty pig" :-\ I don't swear much myself :D
Meh.

You can only make them. If you want them to move, you have to either move them yourself, but then you can't move, or get them something with a soul in it.

Just remember that the soul taken might not be very friendly if you've killed it. If it isn't, you'll have to have a necromancer mess around with it.

I only need an earth spell and a shield spell to level up, correct? so, basically, I can do a combination spell and level up right now?
Indeed.

...however, thinking about it again, -1 to casting is waaaayyyy too low of a penalty for the amount of success you guys are having.

So, I will instead make it -2 with any unskilled penalties from either schools. Which may sound a lot until you realize you guys already have overly high chances of succeeding with single-school spells anyway. I mean, just look at your past rolls... If I allow you to combine schools with very little penalty, you guys will just combine combine combine.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 13, 2011, 01:57:11 am »

You can only make them. If you want them to move, you have to either move them yourself, but then you can't move, or get them something with a soul in it.

Just remember that the soul taken might not be very friendly if you've killed it. If it isn't, you'll have to have a necromancer mess around with it.
Ah, so polymorphing is probably a better idea...
I only need an earth spell and a shield spell to level up, correct? so, basically, I can do a combination spell and level up right now?
Indeed.

...however, thinking about it again, -1 to casting is waaaayyyy too low of a penalty for the amount of success you guys are having.

So, I will instead make it -2 with any unskilled penalties from either schools. Which may sound a lot until you realize you guys already have overly high chances of succeeding with single-school spells anyway. I mean, just look at your past rolls... If I allow you to combine schools with very little penalty, you guys will just combine combine combine.
I'm not unskilled in either of the schools  :P so that would be fine, right?  :D
TolyK: Finding a way to break rules since before the 21st century
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 13, 2011, 01:57:58 am »

...So if I wanted to try a trivial spell for that +1 bonus, how much HP would it be possible to restore?

(I have no idea what a Cheddarius is other than that it's a bad thing to do, given the context. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 13, 2011, 01:59:36 am »

(I have no idea what a Cheddarius is other than that it's a bad thing to do, given the context. >.>)
(same thing here :P)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 13, 2011, 02:00:18 am »

Hmm. You could make IO some soul golems.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 139