Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 152872 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

I'm currently debating if I should give you the ability to make things lighter.

I mean, if I give you guys that ability, then managing weight becomes un-important as all you'll have to do is enchant things and there you go you can wear that Enchanted Tungsten Plate Mail for a lot less encumbrance points than you'd expect.

Also, I don't think air magic would affect the weight of an object. Heck, I don't think any school would affect the weight.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

hmm i dunno.
maybe you could give someone your sword?  ???
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

You could always just make it REALLY hard to lessen the weight or set a limit that you can only reduce weight by 20%. Then Darvi's armor would still weigh 12 points, pushing him dangerously close to the limit, but he could still carry a few bolts.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Hmm. Abbreviations don't work for me for some reason.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really? Huh, first time I've heard it. Guess Wolfchild was right.

Maybe the browser's fault? What browser are you using? Do Acronyms work?

Anyway, if you can't access the abbreviations, quote my post and you should be able to see the text.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

You can't make items weight less? i mean, making items that cause gravity to rocket you to the goddamn sun wo-

oh wait i better not give ideas

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

You can't make items weight less? i mean, making items that cause gravity to rocket you to the goddamn sun wo-

oh wait i better not give ideas
hmmmm.....
major terraforming....
*slaps self*
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm neither happy nor sad. I'm :I

*g*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Depends. For "Generic Lightening Enchantment," Air is probably the way to go. For "Manipulate Material To Do What You Want Enchantment," I'd say Earth for metals, and maybe Water or even Necromancy for wood, leather, or bone.

NINJA'D:

I'm currently debating if I should give you the ability to make things lighter.

I mean, if I give you guys that ability, then managing weight becomes un-important as all you'll have to do is enchant things and there you go you can wear that Enchanted Tungsten Plate Mail for a lot less encumbrance points than you'd expect.

Also, I don't think air magic would affect the weight of an object. Heck, I don't think any school would affect the weight.
In terms of balance, I would tend to think the lack of ability (or difficulty) in enchanting it with anything else would help, since you can either wear tungsten armor for less than you should, or tungsten armor plus a shield enchant or what have you for full weight. That's not exactly apples to apples though, so that'd have to be your call.

In terms of feasibility, I would tend to think Earth magic could harden metals and such, and other schools might be able to do the same with other materials. Obviously nobody'd be wearing liquid water armor to begin with, but freezing it solid is still kind of a valid example.

Air could be argued to affect weight by affecting its buoyancy within air, in the same way that Water magic could potentially make something float in water. That assumes Water magic can actually do that, of course, which I'm not sure of.

EDIT: With talk of hardening steel and freezing water being relevant in terms of showing that the school can affect a material's properties, of course. The lack of Water magic's ability to melt ice weakens this, but still.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:21:18 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

hmm so earth magic can strengthen metals? (such as, repair armor)?
that sounds neat. and water/air magic can help your buoyancy...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm neither happy nor sad. I'm :I

*g*
So... does that mean you can see it?

Anyway, for the less weight things... I'll think about it later. I'm not in a good mood because of shenanigans with my monitor resulting in all my icons displaced.

Also, just not in the mood.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

It's all good. We don't really need an answer until someone tries it and rolls high enough to succeed, anyway.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is your screen displaced towards the bottom? Because I get that occasionally.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Is your screen displaced towards the bottom? Because I get that occasionally.
*rage at windows*
*looks at awesome linux currently running  :P*
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I don't thinks that's the problem.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 139