Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527150 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Strange glowing doors 101: Don't poke them.
« Reply #7620 on: November 08, 2012, 04:04:54 pm »

everyone look for a preferably metal sheet i can cover my body with so i can rush to under the turret

Oh you can walk under it just fine. It'll only start shooting if you take Technocrat property without clearance, attack it, or tamper with it. Or the Shifting Man realizes you're there.
... so i can walk up to it, point my Phoenix at it and crash?

Uh... The phoenix fires pressurized flammable gas. Firing it at anything at point blank range would probably be a bad idea, firing it at an armored surface... You can see how this might be bad for your eyebrows.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7621 on: November 08, 2012, 06:29:20 pm »

(Go ahead and run the turn. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: November 09, 2012, 12:28:33 am »

Tarran Smith, Dominique Wakeman, James Evan

Run out and fire at the weapons the Immortals are wielding, rather than them themselves. Use my Jormungandr.
Dom rushed back out to see what James was screaming about and, upon seeing the suit, hit it with a Slam to hopefully knock it down. She could think about tactics later; right now she just wanted it out of the way so she could see the room and make sure nothing was close to the coma kid and Jake.
Before anyone made it to him, James shouted "Immortals! Two of them!" and proceeded to hide in front of Jake and behind his riot shield.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Despite having to sprint the distance back from the power control station, Tarran is the first one to get in on the fight. He arrives on the heels of James' warning, bursting in behind the immortals without a moment to spare for surprise. [Quickshot 2-2+1+1] He does spare a couple moments to miss the immortals completely. One of the immortals turns to regard him without expression.
   The immortal that turned to face Tarran doesn't even pause as it brings its shotgun to bear. [Quickshot 2] Tarran, having a healthy desire to keep his hide intact, throws himself out of the way as the particle accelerator turns the space that he previously occupied into a sheet of burning plasma.
   The other immortal trudges toward James [Dex 2] slowly, covering ground without concern or haste.
   James, too thrilled to finally be awake to ruin it by dying, slides his riot shield off his back and dashes over to cover Jake. [Soak 4] Bracing solidly into the shield, blocking himself up behind a low table and keeping his head down. [Luck 3]
   Jake, [Will 4] does himself some credit by locking his elbow over James' back and aiming one of the pistols Tarran gave him at the oncoming immortal. It would probably do more good if he wasn't shaking visibly.
  Dominique, too slow to make it to the party in time to get a say in the games, arrives behind Tarran.

(Soak percentage for James' riot shield is 30% higher while he stays blocking.)
(Tarran and Dom are now at short range to the Immortals)

---

Aaron White

walk up to it, point my Phoenix at it and crash

You walk under the turret slowly, ready to jump back at the first sign of hostility. The turret tracks you, but it doesn't fire. You get under the turret carefully, aiming your pistol up under it, taking all the time in the world to place your shot. [Confirm critical 4 Vs 1, critical confirmed] "I don't think that's a good i-" Paula manages before you pull the trigger and flames engulf you.  (Turret Armor -96, immune to burns.) [Soak 4+1] (Aaron Armor -9, Hp -16. Suit is on fire)
   A third of a brick's worth of gas, compressed into a solid state, then sublimated and ignited, makes quite a boom in an enclosed lab. [Luck 4] Pure luck keeps you under the turret as the explosion of searing wind knocks you on your ass. Bits of your armor strip away and parts of your flesh singe as the fireball expands around you. The turret itself has a fresh semi-molten gouge from your blast, but it is definitely still active, and very definitely hostile now.
  "Fuck! What the hell did he just do!?" Cale shouts from outside the room.
   There's a pause before Paula's voice calls out, more than a little startled in tone. "You still alive in there Aaron?" 

---

Turn Recap
Tarran is missing and missed
Dominique do be slow
Aaron is in a bad place. And on fire.
James defending

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Security Card November (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)
L1RF Key (Tarran)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy (Aaron) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:00:14 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7623 on: November 09, 2012, 12:54:07 am »

Wow, the ineptness of everyone this turn is astounding. Unfortunate that I failed, I expected great things. But I won't repeat my action, I'm not really that kind of guy.

Also, you forgot to update the distance in the spoilers.

Aim at the legs of the one going towards James. Fire three shots. Use my Jormungandr.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: November 09, 2012, 12:59:21 am »

"MY DAMN FACE, WHO THE HELL CALLS THIS A PISTOL??!!"

Wait... its melee range to me? Can i stab into it with the bone spike?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:01:00 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: November 09, 2012, 01:01:06 am »

(...)

[...]Slam[...]35 stamina for 35 kN of force[...]three-foot diameter centered on his chest[...]Immortal Skirmisher 1[...]
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: November 09, 2012, 08:54:28 am »

Try using a shear instead SerCon, I'd like to see what it does!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: November 09, 2012, 09:06:05 am »

Wait... its melee range to me? Can i stab into it with the bone spike?

It's a metal turret. Metal, with like armor and stuff, and you want to stab it with a mutated piece of a random guy's forearm?
I suppose the answer to your question is yes, yes you can.

Also, you forgot to update the distance in the spoilers.

Fixed.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: November 09, 2012, 12:48:17 pm »

(Maybe later, Zako.)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7629 on: November 09, 2012, 04:44:21 pm »

Erm... dude its status says it have a nice hole in it? unstabbable?
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: November 09, 2012, 06:09:24 pm »

The burning point of bone is significantly lower than the melting point of metal, and even so, you're stabbing a machine with a piece of bone. I'm not saying you can't do it, it's just... strange.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: November 09, 2012, 07:08:03 pm »

James kept defending. Considering both Tarran and Dominique were here, and Jake had a pistol, he just had to defend him and Jake from Tarran's shots the Immortals and he should be fine.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: November 09, 2012, 08:00:22 pm »

The burning point of bone is significantly lower than the melting point of metal, and even so, you're stabbing a machine with a piece of bone. I'm not saying you can't do it, it's just... strange.
... well **** goodbye eyebrows, make note to find not-as-destructive weapons "DONT COME IN HERE!!!"
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: November 09, 2012, 09:24:25 pm »

... well **** goodbye eyebrows, make note to find not-as-destructive weapons "DONT COME IN HERE!!!"

You have both a knife and a crowbar, just to remind you of that. Do you have any specific action in mind? Warning the others back is pretty much free.
---

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: November 10, 2012, 12:42:12 pm »

What i wanted to do was simply to shove something in its hole and hope i get something important with it, can try with the crowbar?
i dont care if im zapped, just do it
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 602