Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527128 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Strange glowing doors 101: Don't poke them.
« Reply #7605 on: November 05, 2012, 01:48:42 am »

"No, I didn't see where Taric went. I thought he was with you. How could you loose him?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: November 05, 2012, 01:57:58 am »

"Some weird shit, I dunno. It felt like some asshole tried to get in my mind while I was walking down the hall, so I called back to Taric to do a sweep of the area while I pressed on. He didn't answer, but I mean, y'know, it's Taric. Dude's a fucking weirdo, he probably didn't feel like answering. After the door exploded I thought he wussed out and ran back to you guys, and I figured I was so close to the power I might as well work it out while I was here. The rest of 'em can't see in the dark, so, y'know, turning on the lights might help us find him, or him find us, or something."

She glanced over her shoulder at Tarran. "Now that I think about it, didn't he say he was going to check out some of the other rooms when I first went down this way? Maybe we passed him up. Give me a minute to finish looking at this map then I'll help you look for him." She turned her attention back to the display. "Fucking labyrinthine complex or something. What the hell did they need so much space for, d'you think, boss? Maybe they were developing some sort of super weapon, like those suits but better."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: November 05, 2012, 02:52:35 am »

"Okay, I'll wait."

Wait for Dom a few seconds before randomly unconsiously wandering off towards the second door (if it's still unopened?)
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: November 05, 2012, 10:06:53 pm »

"...Huh. Whuh'die" James cleared his throat. "What did I miss...?" James also attempted to roll off the bench and get up, groaning with annoyance.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: November 06, 2012, 04:15:49 pm »

"Paula... do you think its rigged to shoot if we walk up towards it or is it an ""Watchdog"" that noticed these ORS?"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: November 08, 2012, 12:43:11 am »

Tarran Smith

"Okay, I'll wait."

Wait for Dom a few seconds before randomly unconsiously wandering off towards the second door (if it's still unopened?)

You twiddle your thumbs for a couple seconds while Dom spends some time staring at the screens. A natural dislike of standing still makes you move to investigate the immediate area. You think about heading back to the restaurant to check the other door, but that's a goodly distance back, and you said you'd wait for Dom. You end up sticking close enough to help Dom if something goes wrong, but you backtrack enough to look at some of the turn-offs that you missed.
    [Observation 3+1]  Reactivating the power systems also reactivated the holographic signage, a fact which makes you job a great deal easier. The closest turnoff leads back to Mavaren Gardens/Local Church of the Virgin World area, the second leads to a maintenance supply closet, and the third leads to long term storage for the restaurant. Not terribly useful unless you've got any baking to do.
   A scream from the direction of the restaurant makes you pivot and aim before you know what you're doing.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Takes care of that," Dom muttered to herself. Now that she had turned the lights on, though, she wasn't sure what she should do next. She settled on memorizing the map given to her and studying the rest of the room for anything useful... or at least Taric. Where had that boy gotten off to?

[Int 3] You commit as much of the map as you can to memory, but memorizing a bunch of glowing lines isn't exactly your strong suit. You've got the general shape down, but the rest will probably fade as soon as the afterimage does.
   [Observation 3+1] You're about to turn away from the glowing screens when you notice one of the lines brightening, increasing its draw on the system. You trace the line with your finger, following the glowing line back to the maintenance lift. You're fairly certain that means the lift is in motion.
   The sound of someone screaming in the distance catches your ear.
---

Aaron White

"Paula... do you think its rigged to shoot if we walk up towards it or is it an ""Watchdog"" that noticed these ORS?"

"I think... I think it's a watchdog. The brass takes employee theft pretty seriously, but the turrets aren't supposed to fire lethal rounds except, well, except in a state of declared emergency." Paula sighs. "I think we can be fairly certain that a state of emergency was declared, and I don't think it's going to slide back into its roost anytime soon."
   "Any advice on dealing with it?" Cale asks, peaking nervously at the waiting turret.
   "It can't shoot directly under itself, if that's any consolation."
   [Int 2+1] Well, that puts a damper on that plan. If you had something long enough to work with you could still pry that ORS pack out of the stiff's hands while remaining out of the turret's line of fire, but it would probable hold a grudge if you needed to walk past it again. That plan also only gets you one pack of ORS, helpful, but not great.

---

James Evan

"...Huh. Whuh'die" James cleared his throat. "What did I miss...?" James also attempted to roll off the bench and get up, groaning with annoyance.

The sudden appearance of full gravity when you're midway through pulling yourself to your feet is... unpleasant. The light blooming around you is more welcome, even if it is a little painful to your already aching head. Straightening your body so you can stand like a human being rather than a mountain ape is a torture of degrees, but you manage. When you're on your feet you try to ask Jake about what's been happening, but your first attempt falls short of english. You second attempt, achieved after much throat clearing, is a little better.
   Jake is still squinting at the light, his expression mixing pain and wonder. He's shorter than you'd expected, looking ragged and unkempt in a torn but sturdily reinforced maintenance suit. He shakes his head slowly in response to your question. "I'm not the persona to ask. I've just been following the woman, Dominique. She looked at some files with the green-eyed man, Taric, and then later we came here and I helped carry you down here. There was some excitement, a security bot that reactivated, and a small flood, but nothing important to me. I honestly don't know what anyone of you are doing."
   The restaurant hums steadily as systems reboot, regaining life after a year of darkness. The array of holographic spikes in the middle of the room begins to glow, softly at first, but gaining intensity as the room starts to change. Walls fuzz out of focus, shifting and changing into something fancier, understated but elegant in nature. Sections of solid wall seem to become transparent, turning into windows that look out onto steep mountains and knife-sharp canyons. Hazy clouds seem to drift into the room through the windows, forming an odd sense of space in the enclosed room. It's almost enough to distract you from the pair of large... things that are blocking the doorway that Tarran exited through. Immortals, except that the armor these are wearing is significantly larger and more gnarled seeming than the other immortals you've seen. The others looked like they'd been designed as normal armor, biological armor, but still normal armor. These looked like they'd gone to seed, expanding haphazardly. The distant thought that those suits must be hideously uncomfortable to wear flickers idly across your mind. The only good news is that the adrenaline pumping through your body is dispelling the earlier pain with marvelous speed.
    Jake looks like he's about ready to pass out, though you don't blame him. "If you don't have a better plan, I'm going to scream loudly," Jake whispers, swallowing audibly. He makes good on his word in the next second.

---

Turn Recap
Tarran is twiddling thumbs.
Dominique looking at the pretty pretty lights
Aaron is perhaps planning
James is being put into dangerous situations

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Security Card November (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Ident Badge -Naomi Weiss- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)
L1RF Key (Tarran)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: November 08, 2012, 01:43:12 am »

Dom rushed back out to see what James was screaming about and, upon seeing the suit, hit it with a Slam to hopefully knock it down. She could think about tactics later; right now she just wanted it out of the way so she could see the room and make sure nothing was close to the coma kid and Jake.

(Just want to add that I'm happy you made that wiki, since I forgot how Slam works again. >.< My brain doesn't function correctly at the best of times. Anyway, I think 35 stamina for 35 kN of force should be sufficient to knock him on his ass, with the three-foot diameter centered on his chest.

Later edit for clarity: I meant Immortal Skirmisher 1 in my action, sorry for not specifying earlier. ^^^; Also, I take it these guys are either prototypes or guys who have just been in the suit too long. If the latter's the case, then that means this place is still making those things, and we might want to see about shutting that down as our #1 priority.)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:34:21 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: November 08, 2012, 02:46:34 am »

D, I just noticed: The Artemis doesn't appear to be on the wiki or on the assorted lore spoiler. Is that intentional or a mistake?

Run out and fire at the weapons the Immortals are wielding, rather than them themselves. Use my Jormungandr.

Hopefully my unique approach will result in joyous, massive explosions and not shooting friendlies.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: November 08, 2012, 03:24:30 am »

Now might be a good time to use that shield that James has on his person...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: November 08, 2012, 10:09:05 am »

Before anyone made it to him, James shouted "Immortals! Two of them!" and proceeded to hide in front of Jake and behind his riot shield.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: November 08, 2012, 10:12:27 am »

(Just want to add that I'm happy you made that wiki, since I forgot how Slam works again. >.< My brain doesn't function correctly at the best of times. Anyway, I think 35 stamina for 35 kN of force should be sufficient to knock him on his ass, with the five-foot diameter centered on his chest.

Later edit for clarity: I meant Immortal Skirmisher 1 in my action, sorry for not specifying earlier. ^^^; Also, I take it these guys are either prototypes or guys who have just been in the suit too long. If the latter's the case, then that means this place is still making those things, and we might want to see about shutting that down as our #1 priority.)

Firstly, since you have a decent bonus to A.Kinetics, you might want to consider increasing the difficulty to next step up. It would increase the damage from  7-14 (knockback of 8-15) to 18-28 (Knockback of 18-28). Of course, if you're looking for damage, you might consider using that shear evolution you picked up earlier. That one, for the same stamina cost and difficulty as the second slam mentioned above, would deal 84-138 damage, taking its difficulty to -2 would deal 135-261 damage.
Just as a helpful FYI.

Secondly, your powers of perception are excellent.

Edit 2: Damage over 36-56 would also convert the damage type to heavy weapons, just as an added bonus.

Edit 3: Worked out the highest amount of damage you could psionically, just for fun. 810-1782. Granted, you could only pull that off on a 6+1, and failing would probably kill you, and several people nearby, in a spectacular shower of gore. But, if you got lucky, you could shear a hole straight through a ship like Virtue's armor and shields with enough force leftover to kill an occupant.

D, I just noticed: The Artemis doesn't appear to be on the wiki or on the assorted lore spoiler. Is that intentional or a mistake?

Hopefully my unique approach will result in joyous, massive explosions and not shooting friendlies.

Intentional to the first. Shoot it a couple times or examine it.
On the latter, the GM approves of your unique approach.

what does a a neuro-flash do? flashbang? Biological EMP?

Missed this earlier. Biological EMP is close, but it's not a shut-down. Seizures, pain via microwave pulse, and a brief sensory overload that can manifest as hallucinations. Largely harmless unless the victim as a heart-attack or bites off their own tongue, same purpose as a flashbang though.

Ninja EDIT: Since powder just posted now, I'm going to give SC a bit to consider his action, then run the turn.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 11:44:49 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: November 08, 2012, 11:39:48 am »

Just looked at those numbers. Holy jebus...

Mind over matter indeed...

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: November 08, 2012, 12:42:56 pm »

everyone look for a preferably metal sheet i can cover my body with so i can rush to under the turret
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: November 08, 2012, 03:03:09 pm »

everyone look for a preferably metal sheet i can cover my body with so i can rush to under the turret

Oh you can walk under it just fine. It'll only start shooting if you take Technocrat property without clearance, attack it, or tamper with it. Or the Shifting Man realizes you're there.
---

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: November 08, 2012, 03:47:46 pm »

Oh you can walk under it just fine. It'll only start shooting if you take Technocrat property without clearance, attack it, or tamper with it. Or the Shifting Man realizes you're there.
... so i can walk up to it, point my Phoenix at it and crash?
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 602