Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527827 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, OH GOD, THE TEXT!
« Reply #330 on: February 20, 2011, 10:53:49 pm »

Also serious before following through with your earlier action, Cassandra might be unhappy if you made her repeat her initial instructions to go to the signifer's office. The Matriarch is not a woman to repeat herself.
Freaking +4 to Psionics. Goddamn, I don't understand why she doesn't just capitalize on her always-succeed power and win this war for us.
+4 when dealing with PCs

She has... limitations. There are things stronger than her, and one of those things was fought by herself, the patriarch, and the 8 praetors. The patriarch and six of the praetors were killed by the thing, those who survived have a sort of... psychic scarring. Part of the reason she's such a bulldog bitch when dealing with people, she can't help like she feels she's obligated to.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 20, 2011, 10:55:12 pm »

So wait, we have a former high ranking technocrat with us. Nice.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2011, 10:56:44 pm »

So wait, we have a former high ranking technocrat with us. Nice.

What makes you think that?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2011, 10:58:11 pm »

Patriarch, Matriarch and praetors.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2011, 11:05:14 pm »

Patriarch, Matriarch and praetors.

Those are Unchained ranks not the ranks of the Technocracy. A Praetor is the equivalent of an Arbiter, while the Matriarch and Patriarch of an outpost are the highest ranked personnel and are equivalent in rank to a Grand councilor.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2011, 11:05:58 pm »

Ah, right. I stand corrected.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2011, 11:08:35 pm »

She has... limitations. There are things stronger than her, and one of those things was fought by herself, the patriarch, and the 8 praetors. The patriarch and six of the praetors were killed by the thing, those who survived have a sort of... psychic scarring. Part of the reason she's such a bulldog bitch when dealing with people, she can't help like she feels she's obligated to.
...You mean there are NPCs with an even higher modifier than +4 on Psionics?

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:10:07 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 20, 2011, 11:11:11 pm »

That's why we snipe them tarran, they won't get plot bonuses.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 20, 2011, 11:12:01 pm »

Dude, with that kind of power, they'll see my bullet coming five hours before I even fire it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 20, 2011, 11:13:11 pm »

Then don't use Bullets.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 20, 2011, 11:27:03 pm »

Ah, right. I stand corrected.

Hell, most of this is in my head. You had no reason to know that they were not defectors of some kind. Anyway, don't worry about fighting what Cassandra fought. You won't run into one of those until you raid a technocrat installation, there'll be plenty of fun crap here though don't you worry.

Dude, with that kind of power, they'll see my bullet coming five hours before I even fire it.

1. They aren't plot bonuses, not really. They are the thing's will, and associated psionic bonuses.

2. Cassandra was about as strong as it is for a person to be, make of that what you will.

3. You will be able to fight these things, bullets may not play a great roll, but you will be able to fight and kill them. With difficulty.   
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 20, 2011, 11:57:35 pm »

Well I better get a suit of shield armour before then.

I wonder what the actual armory has  ;)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 21, 2011, 02:00:37 am »

Ah, OK. Guess that leaves one obvious thing to do. ^^

"...Thanks," Dom said, moving about and testing the injury. It was still sore, and would be for awhile yet she guessed, but it wasn't actually painful like it was before. "I'm supposed to report to the Signifier. Where can I, uh, find him?" she asked, figuring the doctor would know. And if he didn't, there were other people in the office she could ask.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 21, 2011, 04:23:18 am »

Character: Dominique Wakeman

"...Thanks," Dom said, moving about and testing the injury. It was still sore, and would be for awhile yet she guessed, but it wasn't actually painful like it was before. "I'm supposed to report to the Signifier. Where can I, uh, find him?" she asked, figuring the doctor would know. And if he didn't, there were other people in the office she could ask.

[Speech Roll 3] The petite woman frowns at you. "There is nothing there that is conducive to the rest that you need to heal your ribs, unless you can give a fine reason why you need to head there I'm afraid I can't help you." You're surprised at how firm the young woman is, she seems to be around your age but she has an authority that goes beyond her years. Eh, nothing to be gained from throwing her out of your why, maybe the truth will buy something. You explain your arrival and how cassandra asked you to see the Signifer to grab some gear. She stares at you for a long minute before sighing and nodding. "Alright, Cassandra knows what she's doing. The Signifer's office is in the garage near the labs, at the base of the observation tower." She grimaces briefly "About the ribs, just stay off them until tomorrow. They'll be usable enough then." You stare at her as if she's gone crazy, you've had fractured and broken ribs before and they just don't heal that fast. She catches your look and snorts. "You've been in a scrape before I guess. Look around you, there was a rebellion as you crashed. A lot of people had wounds that should have taken weeks to heal, now they've got nasty scars to show where raw flesh and blood should be. It's a side affect of orientation, no one has figured out how to control it consciously yet. Just trust me, get a good nights rest and your ribs will feel like new. Now, off with you, I have other people that need more looking after than you." She leaves you feeling a little surprised, speed healing will be useful if it works as well she says it should. No time for that now though, best to get back to the signifer's office. [Intuition 1 (Bonus Negated)] You try to follow her directions, really. Somehow you end up hopelessly lost, managing only to find the orientation room of all places. [Speech roll 2] The first person you tell about your problem bursts into weeping laughter, if your ribs weren't cracked you'd break his nose for that. Nothing to do but try and reach the Signifer's again. -5 Stamina [Intuition roll 5] Your little detour seems to have cleared your head, you manage to find your way back down to the barracks and through to the signifer's without taking another wrong turn.

The Signifer looks like some of the people from the Red shifts, missing an appendage and with a throat that looks like something chewed on it for a while. The desk he's sitting behind has a fair sized crater in it, a remnant of the revolt you think. You approach the man, you barks out a request for your name and you give it. You must have done this twice a week for years when you worked maintenance. "Hmph, the last of the new arrivals. Cassandra left a message with me, said you should see her tomorrow and the latest. She also allotted you 30RC, another 8RC has been transferred from several sources, setting your account at 38RC. He slides one of the pads that isn't in pieces over to you, displaying a list of items.

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Trol Grane

Take a quick nap

You had back up the barracks and hit the sack for an hour. [End roll 2] You don't get much rest, as you sleep your brain dredges up memories of what happened in the sphere. The nightmares don't make for good company, the memories fade quickly back into the recesses of your mind whenever you wake, only to return when you shut your eyes. You wonder if you'll ever get a good nights sleep again. +5 Stamina

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Tarran Smith

Go to the firing range and fire training weapons down range carefully (training marksman) if they have any. If they don't have any training weapons, fire one spike at a time at a target carefully (training marksman) until one of my clips is empty. If there's no firing range, just wait around twiddling my thumbs.

[luck 3] After a bit of searching and waiting you find what you're looking for, a fairly decent shooting course with moving targets. The rifle provided is little more than a children's toy, firing a minuscule pulse laser that when the target detects a hit will make it turn green. You take your place with a few other people on the line and steady the rifle into your shoulder. The targets change color suddenly, signaling the beginning. [Tarran's Marksman roll 3+1, 2+1, 1, 5+1 Vs Difficulty 14] It isn't pretty, and you lose your rhythm in the middle, but you just barely manage to clean up in the end with a spectacular series of shots. Now if only you could manage that last bit in a real fight.

+2/8ths Marksman

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Taric Sizier

Go to the training area and test the rifle out.

[Speech roll 3+1] One of the mechanics in the lab gives you directions down to training so you can test the rifle out, you're fairly confident you can get there. [Intuition roll 4+1] You make it down there, and are suprised to see Tarran already at the firing range. A good thing, maybe he'll learn how to shoot something without killing everyone behind it. [Luck Roll 3] There is a long range shooting course that takes up almost the entire length of the room, a good place to try this baby out. [Mechanics 6+1 You're able to tone down the power feed enough that it'll be fine for target shooting but won't use any of the rifle's energy. It'll be a but a second to thumb it back to full power when you're done. You head over to the firing range, and get ready to test the rifle. [Marksman roll 4+1, 2+1, 4+1, 6+1 Vs Difficulty 14] You're able to complete the course with no difficulty, you rushed your second shot a little but it wasn't terrible. If these had been people, there would have been at least three assuredly very wounded people, and probably a fourth.

+2/8ths marksman

Spoiler: Tarric Sizier (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:26:10 pm by Draignean »
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 21, 2011, 04:34:24 am »

What ammo does the Beam rifle use?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 602