Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527908 times)

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, OH GOD, THE TEXT!
« Reply #315 on: February 19, 2011, 10:25:20 am »

Go back down to training and challenge somebody i could take that is not Dom

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 19, 2011, 01:36:49 pm »

"Hey, jackass, I saw that. Screw you, asshole." Throw something valuble next to him onto the ground.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 19, 2011, 09:05:50 pm »

Character: Tarran Smith
"Hey, jackass, I saw that. Screw you, asshole." Throw something valuble next to him onto the ground.

Okay, you may need something from him later but after Taric makes his purchase you feel a deep need to convey your frustration. "Hey, jackass, I saw that. Screw you, asshole." You slam your hand down on the asshat's desk to punctuate the sentence, [Passive kinetics roll 5+1] everything within a foot of your fist hums and shatters. Huh.... You hadn't meant to do that. [Signifer will save 3+1 Vs kinetics 5+1] The man leans away from you, you think you've made your point here.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Trol Grane
Go back down to training and challenge somebody i could take that is not Dom

Well you've got your gear, Tarran seems to be busy having an ethical conversation with the Signifer. Not your problem, knowing him he'll end up getting slapped again. The training hall might be a good place to blow off some steam while you find something real to do, [Intuition 2+2 memory] you find your way back fairly easily. Once there you look for another contest. [Luck 3] You aren't sure how but you end up in a greek wrestling contest. You lock arms with a burly man and begin. [Trol End roll 5, 2, 5, 2, 4] [Unchained civilian 2, 2, 1, 4, 3] The man you're fighting may have raw strength but he doesn't know how to use it, and despite several severe slips you overpower him easily. A pity he was such an easy fight, not much to learn from a sure victory.

+1/8th END

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Dominique gave him a long, slow look, one that said she'd appraised him and he just wasn't worth her time. However, that was only the beginning of her taunting. "Five credits?" she asked. "Guess you know you don't have a shot at winning. But whatever, I'll be more than happy to take your cash." She took a few steps back. "Come on, then. Maybe if you're lucky you'll only need a few days in the hospital."

[Speech roll 3] The little man's face twists into a snarl and he stalks over to small arena, a small crowd has begun to gather around the arena. [Luck roll 5] Quite a number of side bets spring up, with you getting the longer odds. Once again the moron who's name, judging from the betting, is Zach puffs himself up, you feel a deep seated need to break at least one of his bones. Putting coin in a person's pocket is always a good way to make a friend. As soon as you are inside the arena the little idiot charges you in the first instant, without waiting for a sign to start. [Zach dex 3 Vs. Dom dex 3] You slam your weight against his as he impacts you. [Dom Str 2+1 Vs Zach str roll 4] His surprise start was enough to give him an edge, and the charge pushes you back. Zach tries to bring a knee into your stomach. [Zach melee 2 Vs Dom dex 4] You counter this by bringing the point of your elbow into his patella, [Str roll 3+2] something pops loose in his knee. [Zach soak 5] The man actually remains standing, he may be a dick but he does have some resilience to him. He staggers backwards and throws a roundhouse punch at your head [zack Fighting 4-1 pain Vs. Dex 5] it was a sloppy and stupid move. You catch his wrist and brace your other hand against his elbow, using the force of his own blow to break his arm. [Dom str roll 1 Vs End 3] His arms are slick with sweat and you lose your grip almost immediately. He follows with a left handed shot to your ribs [Zack Fighting roll 6 Vs Dex 5] The man strikes like an adder, and despite your attempts to evade the shot the man lands the blow. [Zack str roll 5] It's a good shot, unfortunately... [Soak roll 2] something cracks softly. [Fighting roll 5 Vs Zach dex 5] You strike for the man's throat but he manages to grab your wrist, putting in a demented version of arm wrestling. [Dom str 4+1 Vs Zack 3] You're still pissed about that rib shot he put in and you twist his wrist viciously, slamming AND your hand into his jaw. [Str roll 6+1] His wrist and jaw make unhealthy noises and he falls backwards.

A fair portion of the crowd cheers as you step back from Zack's groaning body, a lean hawkfaced woman grins at you. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you get your winnings, plus 2% of the bets that you won for people." she nods to your side. "Theres a decent doc up in the barracks if you're interested.

- 15 Stamina -10 Max stamina (as long as the rib is fractured and untreated) +3/8ths brawling.

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Taric Sizier
"Ok, a broadbeam and a combat armour please."

Your order arrives momentarily, "Alright, you have 14RC left when you need them again." The signifer says, taking the pad back. "Try not to die with that stuff on, it means less for everyone else." You hope the man just has a bad sense of humor.

Spoiler: Tarric Sizier (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 19, 2011, 09:40:13 pm »

Hah! That's what he gets for cheaping me out!

"Hey, Taric. How's it going?" Go to Training. If I can, follow the trail of dirt that Trol made if he made a trail.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 19, 2011, 09:50:50 pm »

Head back to the lab and improve the broadbeam rifle
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2011, 05:07:56 am »

"Thanks," Dominique growled, a hand pressed to her ribs. "I think I'll go see that doctor." She laughed, then grimaced as it brought fresh pain to her bones. "I thought he was gonna be a pushover, he was talking such ridiculous shit. And he also owes me five credits." She started to head back towards the barracks. What should I do after seeing the doc? ...Guess I'll try and find that Cassandra chick, see if I can make myself useful around here. She hated sitting around doing nothing.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2011, 12:28:34 pm »

Bump!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 20, 2011, 01:11:06 pm »

You may want to save a little of your stamina trollan for later, when it drops too low you start taking hefty penalties.

---

Character: Tarran Smith

"Hey, Taric. How's it going?" Go to Training. If I can, follow the trail of dirt that Trol made if he made a trail.

While the Signifer is still looking at the shattered remains of part of his desk you wave to Taric, he just stares at you. No sense staying here then, one of those sparring matches Trol talked about sounds like a good plan. You set out for the training hall, feeling much more comfortable now that you're armed. [Intuition roll 5] You manage to find your way to the training hall on the first try, maybe you've finally got the hang of this place. The training hall itself is raucous, you spot Trol fighting with wooden knives, and Dom walking away from an arena hand on her ribs while her opponent fails to get up, a man and a woman try to force a hovering weight to one side or the other without touching it. It looks like as long as it has something to do with fighting you can do whatever you want.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Taric Sizier

Head back to the lab and improve the broadbeam rifle

As you turn to leave Tarran gets brutal on the signifer's desk, making a fair bit of the table explode. The man said he was good with words, you wonder if he meant that he was good with only two... 'Collateral' and 'damage'. He waves at you, you stare at him. Okay, well you're pretty sure you don't want to be connected to captain over catastrophe there so it might be a good plan to get back to the labs. [intuition 3+2 experience]  You make your way back without a hitch, now that you've done this a couple times you're pretty sure you can do it without a problem. As you enter the lab you're greeted warmly once again, and you have no trouble getting a table and the tools you need to work on the rifle. [Augmentation 5, 3+1, 2+1 Vs Difficulty 10] The changes you make are fairly straightforward, the only difficulty was at the end when you were trying to get the targeting laser to work with the microservos. In the end you conquer, and your new ALR broadbeam lays before you.

Item Removed: Modified Broadbeam
Item Added: Taric's ALR Broadbeam

Spoiler: Knowledge Added (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarric Sizier (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Trol Grane

"okay, anybody else wanna fight?"

You can't really recall the last time you just had fun like this, it's a nice release from the screaming and killing of the recent past. Your challenging cry is met with the guttural yells of assent. Within minutes you're in a knife fight, the knives are fakes meant for training so you don't have to worry about hurting anyone too badly. Your recognize your opponent as the driver from the Armadillo that brought you here, small moon. [Trol Melee 1, 1, 3, 1] Vs [Unchained soldier 6, 2, 5+1, 4] Your heart isn't in it, maybe it's because the last woman you tried to knife was Ceal. You just don't know, but the Soldier takes her advantages where she can get them. Even if you were in top form you would have been pressed hard to match her. In seconds you're face down and disarmed, a knife at the back of your head and another mid-spine. She lets you up, raising an eyebrow at you. Clearly she was expecting a bit more from you after your other two wins.

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Dominique Wakeman

"Thanks," Dominique growled, a hand pressed to her ribs. "I think I'll go see that doctor." She laughed, then grimaced as it brought fresh pain to her bones. "I thought he was gonna be a pushover, he was talking such ridiculous shit. And he also owes me five credits." She started to head back towards the barracks. What should I do after seeing the doc? ...Guess I'll try and find that Cassandra chick, see if I can make myself useful around here. She hated sitting around doing nothing.

You follow the hawkfaced woman's advice and head for the barracks. The trip is slow with your side hurting like it is, but you make it largely in one piece. You ask around a bit for a doc [Speech roll 5] and an ordinary looking man glances at your hands over your ribs and motions you to follow him. "Training Accident?" He doesn't wait for an answer. "Happens all the time, broken bones, sprains, heavy bruising, dislocation, lacerations, all fairly common." The area you are taken to is essentially just another screened off section of the barracks with a few people resting in bed. A silver haired man takes you the rest of the way through, and passes you off to another person a blond woman this time. After explaining your problem your ribs are bandaged in short order and a warning is given to try and keep the excessive physical activity down for a while. Like that's going to happen.

Stamina penalty reduced

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:13:08 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2011, 01:14:52 pm »

Go to the training area and test the rifle out.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 20, 2011, 02:09:23 pm »

Go to the firing range and fire training weapons down range carefully (training marksman) if they have any. If they don't have any training weapons, fire one spike at a time at a target carefully (training marksman) until one of my clips is empty. If there's no firing range, just wait around twiddling my thumbs.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2011, 10:35:55 pm »

Also serious before following through with your earlier action, Cassandra might be unhappy if you made her repeat her initial instructions to go to the signifer's office. The Matriarch is not a woman to repeat herself.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2011, 10:41:52 pm »

Also serious before following through with your earlier action, Cassandra might be unhappy if you made her repeat her initial instructions to go to the signifer's office. The Matriarch is not a woman to repeat herself.
Freaking +4 to Psionics. Goddamn, I don't understand why she doesn't just capitalize on her always-succeed power and win this war for us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2011, 10:42:52 pm »

Freaking +4 to Psionics. Goddamn, I don't understand why she doesn't just capitalize on her always-succeed power and win this war for us.
+4 when dealing with PCs
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 602