Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528274 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Prologue, In which Tarran gets crispy fried
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2011, 05:52:52 pm »

Whoops, sorry, I didn't. Uh, I guess just make that a stomp to the gut, but keep the pistol pointed at his head so he knows who's in control of the situation here.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2011, 06:41:53 pm »

Dom shook her head at the lily-livered Mite and knelt beside him. "You won't be needing these," she said as she took the knife and pistol from his body. Now, what to do with him...? Maybe he knows what's going on. She took a few steps back, keeping her eyes on him, and raised the pistol. When he got up, he would some explaining to do, and she wasn't the patient sort... so she stomped his stomach and, keeping her weight on him, pointed the pistol at his face.

You grab the knife and pistol from the body of the dead mite. The pansy who decided to take a nap though... well you're going to need him awake to answer any questions. You bring your boot into his stomach [Luck roll 2] his body bunches together for a moment and he vomits over himself and your leg and the lapses back into unconsciousness. What the hell is wrong with these people? You stamp the man's fingers into the floor. [luck 1] You slip off them and fall, whacking your head on the wall behind you. [End roll 2] Ooh... Vision is a little blurry now... (Minor concussion, -1 to all attribute rolls for 3 turns, -10 stamina)   

Knife Added, Chimera Pistol added.

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Trol Grane

JAB THE KNIFE IN CEAL'S HEART

[Dex rolls Trol 3+1, 3 Group leader, 2 Jefferson] You grab around for your knife [Luck roll 1] and manage to stab your hand on it while pushing it away from you, damnit. (Trol -5 HP) While ceal is stunned you grab your pistol out of the under arm holster, and shoot her with it. [Quickshot roll 1+1 target stunned Vs Ceal's Armor roll 1] The pistol emits a blue-white pulse of energy, and punches a finger sized hole straight through her slamming shrapnel from her armor into the wound. (Ceal -35 HP, Mortally wounded. Will die at end of next turn). The group leader doesn't seem too enraged at the loss of one of his people and continues focusing on you. [Group leader Shatter mind 2+1 Vs. Will 4] Through sheer force of will you manage to resist whatever that bastard is doing to you. Jefferson makes another heavy swing at you, his face contorted with rage. [Melee roll 3+1 Vs. Dodge 3+1] You barely jerk to the side fast enough to avoid getting your head caved in by that blow, you have a feeling he's out for blood now.

(You didn't have much specific after stab her, so I improvised.)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 06:43:45 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2011, 06:49:36 pm »

thanks for the improvisation.  ;D
Shoot the unknown peacemaker in the head. repeatedly

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2011, 07:10:52 pm »

Finish Ceal off with any means necessary
I'd recommend you go after the people who are actually threats instead, since Ceal is going to die next turn anyway..
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2011, 07:29:22 pm »

Dom cursed and got back to her feet. Well, shit. Now what? It looked like this guy was down for the count. She could finish him off... but she didn't have time. She would just leave him there and continue on towards the main systems, keeping the gun up and ready for any further threats.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2011, 12:17:37 am »

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Dom cursed and got back to her feet. Well, shit. Now what? It looked like this guy was down for the count. She could finish him off... but she didn't have time. She would just leave him there and continue on towards the main systems, keeping the gun up and ready for any further threats.

Screw the mite, he wasn't worth your time... Still a little unsteady you make your way down to the primary water control systems. You aren't far off at all, and after a minute of walking you come to it. You stare at it. Someone has made some serious renovations here. The water processor you recognize, but it has been altered. Someone has opened the side of it up and is piping something out of it. [Failed Roll not  shown] The pipes lead down into a covered vat made from crudely welded scrap metal. Then there are the people farther back, at least seven of them. six of them are just lounging around, Mites judging from the crude armor a couple have pistols. One of them has several large metal plates set into his suit and what looks like a short barrelled rifle across his back. The seventh is much closer to you [Unchained Operative Observation roll 4+1] as you approach he turns to you. Unlike the mites his armor is a professional Hostile Environment suit, the helmet making him look like an eyeless bird of prey. Etched into the upper left corner of the breastplate is the image of a broken chain circle.

The pistol he's pointing at you commands a significant portion of your attention though. The same clear voice you heard earlier comes from his helmet. "Turn around and walk away. There is no need for you to die here. Walk away and forget this and I won't kill you." You were expecting trouble and already had your pistol up, it doesn't seem to faze him in the least. Either the bastard is totally confident, or he's a moron. Or both.

Spoiler: NPC (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Trol Grane

[Round 1]
[Dex Rolls, Trol 2, Ceal 4, Group Leader 3, Jefferson 2] Blood leaking from the corner of her mouth Ceal attempts bring her Stun club into your head. [Ceal's Melee roll 5-2 Dying, Vs. Trol dodge 5+1] Her attempt is heroic but you use your free hand to grab her arm and pull shifting her momentum forwards, toppling her off of you. The group leader continues whatever the hell he's doing to your brain. [Group leader Break mind roll 5+1 Vs Will 4, Confirm critical 5, confirmed] Pain courses through your veins like poison, every regret you've ever had, every dream you never realized, every thing you've ever hated or been ashamed of comes to the front of your mind seeming to smother you under the weight of your own self-loathing. You need a hug. (-5 Health -25 Stamina, stunned for three rounds) Exposed and catatonic you make an easy target for Jefferson, [Jefferson Melee roll 1] Fortunately for you the man is a moron and slips in a puddle of ceal's blood while trying to get better footing. [Jefferson luck roll 5] He recovers in time to keep from falling.

Ceal dies, Your objective has been completed. You gain +1 Attribute and +1 skill.

[Round 2]

You're vaguely aware of the group leader kneeling by Ceal, and saying something to her. [Jefferson melee roll 5] Your limited awareness though is cut short sharply by the application of Jefferson's stun club to your head. [Jefferson str roll 2] It isn't a strong blow but it doesn't need to be... Sparks crackle across your vision and darkness falls, leaving you to the chaos of jeering voices in your head.

Trol Grane has completed the prologue.

(Rounds were compressed since I didn't see much point in seperating the rounds where you're stunned.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:24:49 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2011, 12:45:57 am »

Dom took a deep breath, staring down the Unchained Operative. He's got the numbers advantage... she thought, feeling the pain in her back from the fall, in her arm from the knife wound. She wasn't sure she could win if push came to shove, and even though she wanted to kick his ass for being arrogant and condescending, she didn't want to get killed here, either.

"I have a job to do here." She gestured at the piping with her free hand. "I have to fix the water systems." Which I'm fairly certain you Unchained screwed up in the first place, jackass, she added mentally. And I get the feeling he's not going to let me just do my damn job and go home. "What are you doing, anyway?" she asked, stalling for time to figure out what she should do.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2011, 01:24:04 am »

Dominique Wakeman

Dom took a deep breath, staring down the Unchained Operative. He's got the numbers advantage... she thought, feeling the pain in her back from the fall, in her arm from the knife wound. She wasn't sure she could win if push came to shove, and even though she wanted to kick his ass for being arrogant and condescending, she didn't want to get killed here, either.

"I have a job to do here." She gestured at the piping with her free hand. "I have to fix the water systems." Which I'm fairly certain you Unchained screwed up in the first place, jackass, she added mentally. And I get the feeling he's not going to let me just do my damn job and go home. "What are you doing, anyway?" she asked, stalling for time to figure out what she should do.

This doesn't look good, at [Luck roll 3] least none of the Mites appear to be paying attention to you... yet. You keep your gun trained on the Operative and decide to go with a diplomatic approach. "I have a job to do here." you say gesturing at the piping with your free hand. "I have to fix the water systems." [Speech roll 5 Vs. Will roll 2] The operative relaxes slightly but does not lower his weapon. "I understand that, and the denizens of this level inform me that you have already handily patched the damage they did. I commend you." You pauses for a moment considering. "I too have a job here, the chemical in this old treatment system is highly corrosive. We will use it to strike a blow at systems more vital to the Technocracy." He takes a breath, apparently done considering you and lowers the pistol. "As I said before, just walk away. I have no quarrel with you. You've done what you came here to do, fix the broken system, none of them can fault you for not doing your job. Just let me do what I'm here to do, forget what you've seen and be on your way." [Intuition Roll 6] You think he's telling the truth.

(Rolled your questions into one because of your high speech roll. Also if push comes to shove you might want to remember that the chemical thrower on your back isn't just for decoration.)

Spoiler: NPC (click to show/hide)

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2011, 01:28:25 am »

Dom hesitated. She didn't really have anything to gain by pursuing a fight. If she really wanted to, she could always find someone else willing to exchange a few punches. But could she trust him? Her female intuition said yes, and after a moment she sighed and switched her grip on the pistol so she was holding the grip out to him. "If I thought I could take the lot of you, I would," she said. "But I'm not an idiot."

"Just... fix whatever you've done when you leave and I'll forget about this incident."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2011, 01:49:10 am »

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Dom hesitated. She didn't really have anything to gain by pursuing a fight. If she really wanted to, she could always find someone else willing to exchange a few punches. But could she trust him? Her female intuition said yes, and after a moment she sighed and switched her grip on the pistol so she was holding the grip out to him. "If I thought I could take the lot of you, I would," she said. "But I'm not an idiot."

b]

You hesitate for a moment before switching your grip on the pistol so you are holding the grip out to the Operative. "If I thought I could take the lot of you, I would," she said. "But I'm not an idiot." He walks the few steps forward to you and takes the weapon. "Thank you, I would not have liked to kill you." he pauses, and while you can't tell from behind his helmet, he sounds like he's smiling. "We could use a few people with that attitude though, just something for you to consider. What's your name?" It takes you a moment to realize you were just told that you'd make a good rebel. Something new everyday. "People call me Dom, Just... fix whatever you've done when you leave and I'll forget about this incident." [Speech roll 6+1 trust] He nods as you speak. "Well then Dom, we won't fix it entirely, that would make it too obvious that we were here, we will however leave it in a position to be fixed very easily. Until all bonds break." He does something with his hand. You're pretty sure he just saluted you.

Your outstanding actions have gained you +1 with the Unchained. You have completed the Prologue, give me a little while to write up the Chapter I starting junk.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Prologue Complete! Prepare to chapter I!
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2011, 02:34:38 am »

Tarran Smith: You don't remember much of what happened, you've got a few vague memories floating around your head about getting being drug by Taric and the Arbiter though those are fuzzy at best. You remember receiving medical treatment, after that though you're pretty sure you were kept heavily drugged. It felt like being drugged at least. Strange... you don't remember having a trial. You were sure they'd never miss the chance to publicly denounce your actions.

Taric Sizier: You and the Arbiter carried Tarran Smith away for confinement. Your mother, while startled to see an Arbiter, was grateful for the assistance with the power problem. Within an hour of the Arbiter sending a message the power to the Hydroponics bays came back online. The Arbiter only smiled when you asked her name and told you to wait for someone to call you when they were ready to put Tarran Smith on trial. In the meantime she sent you and the injured Hydroponics staff to a medical facility that would treat you at the Technocrat's expense. An apology for the system failing to catch the criminal before he hurt people. The doctor giving you a local anesthetic is the last thing you remember.

Trol Grane: Pain and shrieking voices is what you remember, that and little fingers digging in your head removing little bits of pain, silencing the voices... Smooth fingers, nice fingers, golden fingers... Your first clear memory since the fight at the Seventh World is waking up, strapped to a table with the older man who was at the fight standing over you with his hands on either side of your head. You yelled and tried to get free but a man was brought in with a syringe, whatever was in it took you out in seconds. Everything after that a dim haze that objects only occasionally surface out of.

Dominique Wakeman: You get out of the maintenance without a hitch, none of the people take much real notice of your injuries. You just worked a red shift, you aren't dead therefore you're probably fine. The observer seems impressed that you managed to fix the problem in the lower levels, even if you "Didn't have the materials" to repair the primary system. You get a nice bonus and off for the rest of the day. You get home and drink a little while musing over what the Operative said about becoming the unchained... Eh, oxymoronic fools probably have some chain of command that you'd have to report to. You settle back in bed for the day, resting your aching shoulder. In the middle of the night you wake up, at first you can't tell what's wrong but then you try and take a breath. Nothing happens. Nothing at all. You try to breathe and you try to scramble out of bed but lethargy is already claiming your body. Maybe you don't need to breathe... your vision goes blurry but you think you see a pair of white clad figures approach you. When you wake up you're at a hospital, you feel very hungover. The person watching you panics when you try to speak and doses you with an entire syringe of something... It feels like... something... fuzzy...... dark....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright it is at this point that you tell me what you did and did not like. What sequences seemed boring or illogical, or just plain stupid. Since we're getting into the first real chapter it will help it not suck if we complain now.

Presently to be changed in Ch I

1. Each critter/NPC type I make gets a blurb on the Lore accumulated screen with average health/stamina items and skills.
2. There will be an area blurb about what the group, or individual is seeing that is seperate from the action text.
3. The lore accumulated will be updated each time something new comes up.
4. Weight x/x removed from enemies, will be added directly onto the tags of the items they are carrying.
5. All enemies will have their relevant skill bonuses applied correctly.
6. -Your suggestion here-

(Just don't complain about the retrieval teams that were sent for Tarran and Trol those were meant to hideously out match you, or psionics that's upcoming content.)
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2011, 02:40:05 am »

I liked Dominique's section. I always like having a chance to feel a character out and think about how they would react to stressful situations; for example, if she hadn't been so beat up by the time she got to the rebel she might've tried to fight him, but I think it was more interesting for her to admit defeat and rein in her violent impulses.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2011, 02:41:30 am »

I personally have nearly no bones to pick. Quite a good RTD, man. The only thing I find a little strange is putting Marcus behind the Deadheads; forcing me to cause damage when they could have just as easily did the ambush somewhere away from the public.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 602