Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527926 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Prologue, In which Tarran gets trigger happy.
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2011, 11:54:54 am »

You'll get arrested then shipped off.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2011, 12:22:39 pm »

so, ill end up dead before the intro, i see.  :'(  If i do die, could i just make a new character on the waiting list?

If they were planning on killing you they would be armed with more lethal weapons, you also have to wonder why you're important enough to risk a rather complicated and dangerous (If you'd been a bit more lucky you would have killed Ceal) ambush on.

No character is going to die in the prologue unless you work REALLY hard at it.  Taricus is right, you're probably (Unless by some miracle you defeat 3 Peacemakers and an Archdeacon.) going to get bashed about the head and shoulders with electrified clubs and deported for colonization.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2011, 01:05:26 pm »

hmm, true...

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIINS!!!!!!!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2011, 01:08:47 pm »

Ten credits on police brutality.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2011, 01:47:36 pm »

Gah, you called me Tarren again.

Okay, now, all you have to do is open the door, Tarran. Don't roll a 1. Don't roll a 1. Please god don't roll a 1...

Open the door to Marcus.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2011, 08:13:49 pm »

Character: Trol Grane

tackle peacemaker Ceal, and shoot her with the energy pistol at point blank. repeatedly. in the head, too

You've only got one life to live, and you sure as hell aren't going to waste any of it going quite with the Technocrats. You might not walk away, but you can make sure "Miss Ceal" never walks anywhere again. [Dex 4 vs. 1] You tackle Ceal, taking her completely by surprise. Her arm holding the stun baton flings out and hits the unnamed peacemaker giving him a good jolt. (-5 Hp -25 Stamina Unnamed Peacemaker, stunned for this round) [Dex roll 4 Vs. 5] You go for your pistol but she catches your wrist [Ceal's Str roll 3 Vs 4] she twists but you use the momentum to bring your elbow into her face. [Str roll 6, confirm critical 2, confirm failed] You smash your elbow into her mouth, breaking loose teeth and getting blood everywhere. (Ceal -13 HP -10 Stamina) [Ceal's soak roll 4+1] She's trained to take injury though and shakes the pain off. The man in gray armor frowns at you, [Mind bend roll 1 Vs will 2] you feel something tickling at the edge of your mind and without knowing what you're doing you strike at it. [Psionics roll 3 Vs 3-1 unprepared] The man in gray armor staggers back, hands to his head. You don't know what you did, but it worked. (Group leader -10 health, -20 Stamina, -2 to next roll, can't use psionics for a turn.) Seeing that you're actually putting up a fight Jefferson swings his stun club at the small of your back, [Jefferson's melee roll 6 Vs Luck roll 4] occupied with Miss Ceal you never see him coming. [Jefferson Str roll 6, confirm critical 2, critical not confirmed] His club strikes you perfectly and the electrical discharge racks you up and down your spine, [Soak roll 4] you manage to avoid biting your tongue off and avoid clenching up too badly. (-12 health -30 Stamina)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)

----

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Dom grit her teeth and took a step back to get more room to swing with. She wasn't about to let this bastard get to his feet; hell, she wasn't going to let him ever get up again. She swung the crowbar down as hard as she could towards his back, fully prepared to keep swinging until she had broken every bone in his torso.

[Mites end roll 1] Apparently the fool isn't used to taking wounds like that, he vomits over the catwalk and passes out. You step back and make a doublehanded smash at the man's back. [Melee 3+2 target helpless] You bring your crowbar into the man's back like a club. [Strength roll 4+2, Critical automatically confirmed] His spine crackles loudly, you feel a sort of vicious satisfaction. (Mite -54 HP, death) [Stamina roll 2] After the adrenaline fades you start to feel the effects of the battle, you wounds burn and the suit amplifies your exertion. You may need a breather. (-23 Stamina)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

----

Character: Taric Sizier

Ask him who marcus is and follow him.

The gunman starts to walk off but you have more questions, you decide voice them. After all if he hasn't shot you yet he probably isn't going to shoot you. [Gather Information roll 1 Vs Will 2] Your inquiry is met with a flat gaze and a threat not to follow him. [Will roll 3 Vs Intimidate roll 1]  What's he going to do, shoot you? All you have to do is stand in front of the gun and you'll be safe. You tell him as much, he swears at you. [Intuition roll 5] Still you feel that going with him could be dangerous.

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

----

Character: Tarran Smith

Open the door to Marcus.

Your hopes of him just standing there while you make your exit fade to dust as he catches up, already speaking. "Soo... Who's Marcus?" [Will roll 2 Vs Gather information 1] You favor him with a stony glare and tell him to either stay there or bite dirt. [Intimidate 1 Vs. Will 3] He doesn't take you seriously, going so far as to joke about your aim. You vent a few choice words at him. Okay, just open the door. Nothing hard about that. [Dex roll 5+1] You make it over to the door with a grace rarely seen by the eyes of mortals, all eyes fall on you as you sashay softly to the door and show the badge. It opens easily and you make your way through gracefully.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Prologue, In which Tarran "Sashays softly".
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2011, 08:32:32 pm »

Turn to Taricus and say: "If you're going to follow me, keep that baton at the ready. Never know what can happen with this shady dealers...", then go to the meeting point with Marcus.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2011, 08:39:12 pm »

Dom struck the body with the crowbar again, venting a little of her omni-present rage on the unfortunate bum. Breathing heavily, she took a step back and put her free hand on the safety railing. "...Bastards..." she said after she felt she had recovered, then knelt by the body and took the knife. It might come in handy. Damn. Which way was I going?

She would have to take a moment to remember it. For now, she planned on cutting up the Mite's suit and making a patch for her puncture wound; it wouldn't be a good idea to handle hazardous materials with a hole in her suit. The injury itself could be seen to later.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2011, 11:14:05 pm »

Character:  Dominique Wakeman

Dom struck the body with the crowbar again, venting a little of her omni-present rage on the unfortunate bum. Breathing heavily, she took a step back and put her free hand on the safety railing. "...Bastards..." she said after she felt she had recovered, then knelt by the body and took the knife. It might come in handy. Damn. Which way was I going?

She would have to take a moment to remember it. For now, she planned on cutting up the Mite's suit and making a patch for her puncture wound; it wouldn't be a good idea to handle hazardous materials with a hole in her suit. The injury itself could be seen to later.

You catch your breath [Stamina Roll 3] you feel somewhat better. Stamina +5 You drive your crowbar through the Mite's skull, you feel much better. It's a pity that the other mite went over the rails, his suit was in much better shape than this one. You grab the mite's knife and cut out a long section to bind around the hole in you shoulder. [Crafting roll 4] You've done this more than once with flesh and it really isn't all that different, you get it pretty tight without hampering your arm movement.  You take your bearings and try to remember the directions from the last marks [Int roll 4] and set out for the water purification backup system. You find it... it doesn't look good. [Intuition roll 3] It looks like it was melted from the outside like the boss said... nothing out here is leaking though. You'd need some serious skill and luck though to patch the beast, the outside looks like a bunch of slag and you have only a notion of what it's supposed to look like. You hope the primary is in better shape.

Makeshift knife added

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:23:31 pm by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2011, 11:26:03 pm »

Dominique stood there like a lump and stared at the melted machinery for a few minutes. She had absolutely no idea what to do with the wreckage before her. Damn it. I'd better just get this done, she thought, grumbling under her breath. If she ended up damaging the systems even worse, she'd blame it on her boss. It's not like she had any experience or knowledge with this.

I figure messing up something as important as water purification makes her a good candidate for colonization... and it's in character anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2011, 11:39:03 pm »

Dominique stood there like a lump and stared at the melted machinery for a few minutes. She had absolutely no idea what to do with the wreckage before her. Damn it. I'd better just get this done, she thought, grumbling under her breath. If she ended up damaging the systems even worse, she'd blame it on her boss. It's not like she had any experience or knowledge with this.

Well, not knowing what you're doing has never stopped you before... [Combined luck, Mechanics, Intuition  3, 3+1, 5 Vs Difficulty 12] You work on the problematic system for a while, there is a liberal application of swearing and simple intuition, but by some miracle you get the secondary system working again. (Stamina -10, welder charge -45%, scrap metal removed from inventory) You had no idea you could do something like that, and for one of the rare times in your life you feel flushed with success that wasn't brought on by beating someone's head in. Still, you need to find out what was wrong with the primary system as well.

Objective completed, you get one attribute point and one skill point to spend as you see fit.

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2011, 12:32:16 am »

Follow Tarran.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2011, 02:03:23 am »

All right, I'll put my attribute point in Dexterity and my skill point in Mechanics.

With a sigh of relief, Dominique smiled to herself and headed out of the room. She felt like she'd actually accomplished something here - more than just making the area a little safer, anyway. She glanced at the body of the Mite as she made her way back to the central area. Once she got there, she'd head for the primary systems. Maybe, if she took a careful look around, she could find a map in the central area. It would make navigating these tunnels easier.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2011, 02:30:06 am »

Currently fooling with maptools, with luck I may actually be able to provide you with something visual in chapter I. The city of towers is probably confusing as hell most times and seeing something might help you guys out... Don't hold me to this though, it all depends on whether I can do anything worthwhile.

----

Character: Tarran Smith

Turn to Taricus and say: "If you're going to follow me, keep that baton at the ready. Never know what can happen with this shady dealers...", then go to the meeting point with Marcus.

Well if the little labrat is going to follow you he might as well do something useful. "If you're going to follow me, keep that baton at the ready. Never know what can happen with this shady dealers..." The walk to the meeting point is almost surprisingly uneventful after what you had to do to get this far.

The room you're going to meet marcus is dark and smells of stale air, minimal lighting is running and due low traffic the air in here probably hasn't been scrubbed in a good while. Marcus is at the far end of the room, relaxes on some crates. [Failed roll not shown] The hydroponics worker though asks a question you simply hadn't thought of... "Wow, that him? How long has he been waiting for?" Unless he really has been waiting here for several hours there is no possible way he managed to get here without finding a route that is, to the best of your knowledge, non-existent. Still Marcus smiles warmly at you, "Ah Mr. Smith, it's good to see you and your friend again! I've got the packages you inquired about, and there are some friends here to see you as well!" Okay. Something is very VERY wrong here. [Failed Roll Not Shown] [Arbiter aimed shot roll 4+1] This observation is brought sharply home as a hot burst of pain lashes up your spine, twisting you into convulsions. [Soak roll 2] You scream, loudly. It hurts a lot. You smell burned meat. (HP -15 Stamina -30, in pain) Someone speaks... you don't really give a shit. Ow.

Objective completed, you get 1 attribute and 1 skill point to spend.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Tarci Sizier

Follow Tarran.

You follow Tarran, he tells you to keep your baton ready. In doing so he gives some information away about Marcus, apparently he's a "Shady Dealer" you begin to wonder how you got mixed up in this. After about ten minutes you reach a dark and rather musty room, the air here feels heavy. A man who you guess to be Marcus is reclined on a stack of crates, [Intuition roll 3] man he must have been waiting here for ages to be able to get past the door in Hydroponics. "Wow, that him? How long has he been waiting for?" You ask.  Tarran's brows furrow for a moment but the man you assume to be Marcus speaks, "Ah Mr. Smith, it's good to see you and your friend again! I've got the packages you inquired about, and there are some friends here to see you as well!" Wait what, his friend, again? [Failed roll not shown] There is a sudden flash of blue light and a smell of ozone as Tarran drops to the ground screaming. A woman with grey on silver armor of an Arbiter walks out of one of the darker corners of the room with a rifle in hand and addresses Tarran. "Tarran Smith, you are hereby arrested for the murder of Harold Szero, and Tamika Bock. The assault on numerous individuals, breaking and entering, trespassing and impertinence. You will either accept the charges and be summarily executed or you will plead deviancy and be deported to Eridani for treatment." She looks at you for a moment and actually appears surprised. "Taric Sizier? What is your connection to this man?" she nods her head to the still groaning Tarran. Meanwhile in the background Marcus says "See, I told you. Nice friends." he seems as pleased as a child with a shiny toy. 

Since you were present with Tarran when he completed his objective, you too get an attribute and a skill point to spend.

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Trol Grane

keep on "motivating" Ceal, with the knife

[Dex rolls, Trol 4, Ceal 3, Group Leader 4, Jefferson 3, Peacemaker, 1] The group leader is still clutching his head and doesn't do much except yell at them not to kill you, you find that rather encouraging. Still grappling with Ceal you look for a way to kill her, Screw your pistol the knife will do fine when you're like this. [Dex roll 2 Vs. 4] Once again her hands are faster than yours and she grabs your wrist, trying to turn your own blade against you. [Str roll 2+1 Vs. 4] Damnit the bitch is strong... you think as she manages to get the knife into your chest. [Armor Roll 5] You are thankful for the presence of mind you had to put on an undershirt as the knife thrust, while painful, will leave little more than a large bruise. (Trol -4 HP) Jefferson attacks your exposed back once again. [Jefferson's melee roll 2 Vs. dodge 1] You try to roll out of the way but roll the wrong direction, adding force to his swing, and as an added bonus Ceal is now on top of you. [Jefferson's str roll 4+1] His blow to your ribs sends tiny bits of light dancing across your vision. [Trol -10 Health -24 Stamina] [Soak roll 4] Just gotta breathe... focusing on Ceal's face you manage to shake off the worst of the blow. The other peacemaker attempts to strike you with his club but manages to trip and smash his head on the holo-poker machine you were pretending to fix earlier. [Peacemaker luck roll 2] He's out cold. (Peacemaker -5 HP -20 Stamina)

Your Stamina has fallen below 50%, all of skill bonuses are at 1/2 effectiveness.

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

---

With a sigh of relief, Dominique smiled to herself and headed out of the room. She felt like she'd actually accomplished something here - more than just making the area a little safer, anyway. She glanced at the body of the Mite as she made her way back to the central area. Once she got there, she'd head for the primary systems. Maybe, if she took a careful look around, she could find a map in the central area. It would make navigating these tunnels easier.

It's much easier to find your way back than it was to find your way here, [Intuition 5] and you make good time getting back to where you were before. You look around [Luck roll 2] but it doesn't look like there is any sort of map here... only the maintenance markings that tell you what is immediately beyond each area. You make a note find somebody who knows this place and have them draw you a map if you ever get sent down here again. Alright, just get down here and look at the primary system. No big deal if you can't fix it, you've got the secondary systems running. The passages through the primaries are much broader and more clear, compared to the secondaries navigating these is a piece of cake. [Intuition 5] As you make your way to the water purification primaries you think you hear something and you stop, trying to listen through the encumbering suit helmet... [Observation roll 3] The first voice is clear but hushed and you can't make out alot of what it says. "... Idiot ... ... can't kill.... ... no attention ... ... ... withdraw support." the last words are delivered somewhat louder and more threatening. The second voice is much rougher and you can't make out anything it says. You tighten your hands around the knife you liberated from the Mite, how many goddamn people can there possibly freakin' be just hanging around water purification. This can't be coincidence.

---
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 602