Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528272 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Prologue Complete! Prepare to chapter I!
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2011, 04:50:18 pm »

"Ok, but I want to know what I'm doing in the same room as the terrorist who attacked the hydroponics area?"
I respond by glaring at Taricus. "We wouldn't be in this mess if you had helped me."

Then ask Nathaniel: "How habitable is the planet we're traveling to, anyway?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2011, 05:15:34 pm »

"You're traveling to one of the moons of Zeus, you know the big freakin' gas giant, I call her Sheila. Mainly because, like a girl I know named Sheila, they don't let me do anything other than land and drop stuff off. You can breathe the air there, it's greenish, the planet not the air. Only half the planet is habitable, and one side always faces the sun. So half is so cold you'll need to keep your biometrics on you so you can look up your gender when you forget. The other side though isn't scalding hot by virtue of it sliding behind Zeus every 15 or so hours, where it will sit for around 12 hours before popping out again. I know this because I generally have nothing better to do than read Technocracy pamphlets and make conversation with Chuick and Larry which isn't exactly stimulating since they have very little more than Outdated calculators in their heads."  
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2011, 05:24:04 pm »

"Huh, sounds interesting. Anyway, is there any real reason why the moon is being colonized besides to just be a dump for people who aren't 'perfect'? Like, say, high quantities of valuable minerals or... Maybe alien ruins? Also, once we get there, are we free to go do whatever we want or what?"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2011, 06:33:42 pm »

Nathaniel laughs. "Hey man, don't get like that, you are not being dumped. You are being given a valuable opportunity to shape a new life on the frontier of civilization. My job is to drop you off at a nice place where your efforts will be coordinated, and you'll be sent to one of the cities, towns, villages, whatever, to live a nice happy life, advance society, and generally do whatever colonists do." He sighs blowing a crackle over the Comm. "Technically I shouldn't be talking to you, but it's either you are the deadheads and until I get enough favors up to request some prettier flesh suits for them they are about as interesting to talk with as a stuffed moose. We'll be at the gate in twenty, the first time through for people is always a little... jarring." 

I'll give a chance for everyone to post a set of actions and/or talk to Nathaniel before jumping the ship through the gate.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:35:48 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2011, 06:41:02 pm »

"Trust me, it's a dumping. Is basically the same as taking a city goer and forcing him to leave his home for a uncharted island with no way off. Oh, and I'm 95% sure the colonies will be either crap or nice crap with extremely tight laws. Or maybe there won't be any colonies at all and this moon is just a place to 'get rid of' people the Technocracy doesn't like. There is no freaking way they are just going to let us do whatever the hell we want once we're there."

Go limp to try and make the jump less painful then if I was standing stiff.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2011, 06:48:59 pm »

"Hey, I'm going out on a limb here and saying that from your attitude you're a brown suit. Riddle me this, which is better: getting executed, or not getting executed. There is a base there, I've seen it, we'll land there. If they were dropping you off to die the probably would not be putting you on a planet where you have even a chance of surviving. Is there anyone less hostile and opinionated back there who wants to chat?"
---

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2011, 06:50:29 pm »

No need to talk, the others have it sorted out.
However, I will listen in to discover whether he is a liar or not

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2011, 06:54:49 pm »

"Depends on what happens if you aren't executed. If your life living is worse then being dead, then, well, I'd take being executed. Oh, and I'm not being hostile, you're just being an idiot and thinking I'm hostile. Oh, wait, I am hostile right now, because you made me hostile, so I think you were right! Congratulations Mr. If Anyone Is Making Sense Then They Are Being Hostile."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2011, 06:58:47 pm »

"Jesus H. Christ... I hope you get to a nice colony of homosexual rapists. If you speak again I will shock you hard enough that you won't even notice the jump. Anyone else want to be an ass to the only helpful person?"
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2011, 07:05:10 pm »

"Go ahead, shock me. I've taken worse. You won't prove anything by shocking me, just that you've got a short temper. Dude, I'm not being an ass, I'm just pissed off at this whole situation is all. You should have expected at least one of us to be a little upset about being shot twice with a Disruptor Rifle and having your leg broken, then being dumped on a moon that might as well be half way across the galaxy."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2011, 07:32:21 pm »

"Oh stop arguing, it's not helping. I want to know why us greensuits going though?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2011, 07:48:41 pm »

"Yeah, that's what I'd like to know," Dom said. I don't know what's waiting for us there... damn, I wish I could come up with a plan of some kind. She looked over at the argumentative brown-suit. "You got shot twice? What were you doing?"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:52:12 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2011, 07:57:18 pm »

"He tried to shoot an arbiter."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2011, 08:15:39 pm »

Nathaniel listens to the conversation for a few minutes befoore letting out a low whistle. "Well I guess a few shocks really don't mean much to someone crazy enough to try and shoot an arbiter, don't worry though I won't forget you. I'll give you a good jolt once we go through a gate, don't want to accidentally knock you out and help you by accident. I take great offense to you good as calling me a liar when I'm trying to answer your questions, which as an aside I'm not supposed to do. Anyway, you people in green will go to a different colony than the browns. They sort you out according to your deviation, it might be a little hard with your expediated paperwork but a green will nearly never be sent with a brown. I understand your concern, I might favor execution over being sent to live on a colony with the arbiter shooting brownie."

"We'll hit the gate in 5, time to pray for a miracle."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:18:02 pm by Draignean »
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2011, 08:18:58 pm »

"Atleast that problem is taken care of, Thank you." Brace for warp.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 602