Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528269 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Prologue Complete! Prepare to chapter I!
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2011, 02:42:31 am »

It was good, taric played the sly bastard to tarran.

Though I was trying to get him to kill peter.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2011, 02:45:33 am »

I personally have nearly no bones to pick. Quite a good RTD, man. The only thing I find a little strange is putting Marcus behind the Deadheads; forcing me to cause damage when they could have just as easily did the ambush somewhere away from the public.

They weren't supposed to be there, the power outage and the subsequent transfer of items (Which required Deadhead guards to oversee.) was caused by peter being bitchy, not Technocrat planning. The Arbiter didn't know you wouldn't have a clear path to the rendezvous. Plot niggle caused by combining your mission and Tarics.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2011, 03:35:37 am »

Area (Everyone): The room (If you can call it that) is small, two strides from one wall would take you to touching distance of the other. Two low benches are on either wall, there are doors on both ends. One door is marked with a fusion symbol, while the other is plain and gray. Gray does seem to be the dominant theme. Standing guard at the doors on either end of the room is a Deadhead guard. It seems unusually quiet. You are all bound into your seats by straps that seems to be made of golden light, as your press on them they glow brighter and press back on you. You feel a little odd, like you slept for a week with your mouth open... There are three other normal people in the room with you.

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
--------

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:18:35 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2011, 03:38:44 am »

Attempt to use my dexterity to get my hands out of any restraints I may have on me.

I say we all use our best stats to try and get out of these restraints.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2011, 03:43:31 am »

Examine everything.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2011, 03:44:10 am »

That's the thing I forgot to mention! All of your timelines are now locked together, so now each person has to post to advance the game. (Unless it is something really small and not time consuming at all.)
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2011, 04:00:19 am »

Dominique awoke blearily. What the hell...? she thought, looking around the room. Where am I? She tried to move, but something was holding her down. Damn it! Restraints were high among the list of things she did not like. Focusing on her arms, she tried to power out of the strange golden bonds.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2011, 10:28:38 am »

Introduce myself to the group, then look at my surroundings

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2011, 11:54:08 am »

Area (Everyone): The room (If you can call it that) is small, two strides from one wall would take you to touching distance of the other. Two low benches are on either wall, there are doors on both ends. One door is marked with a fusion symbol, while the other is plain and gray. Gray does seem to be the dominant theme. Standing guard at the doors on either end of the room is a Deadhead guard. It seems unusually quiet. You are all bound into your seats by straps that seems to be made of golden light, as your press on them they glow brighter and press back on you. You feel a little odd, like you slept for a week with your mouth open... There are three other normal people in the room with you.

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
--------

Character: Tarran Smith

You don't like being restrained, and you try to slip your hands out of the bindings. [Dex roll 2+1] The bindings move with you though and after a couple minutes of struggle you stop. One of the other passengers is glaring murder at you head, you force your eyes to focus on him. Oh jolly, it's the little bastard from where you got ambushed. On of the other passengers is trying to get out of her bindings, and for a moment it looks like she might succeed. The her bindings flash, and there is a sudden whump of displaced air as full body fields cover you.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Character: Taric Sizier

You look around trying to take in the big picture. [Observation 4] You can't be sure but you think you're in a spaceship, it explains why everything feels so very still. The light in the room comes from inset strips behind your ankles and another set about a foot above your head. Your other passangers seem an unremarkable lot for the most par- What the hell? The stupid terrorist who you're supposed to be standing witness against is sitting on the other end of the bench form you! Suddenly your restraints grow to cover your entire body save your head, it isn't uncomfortable but it does prevent most action. 

Spoiler: Tarric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Ugh. This is not your favorite way to wake up, you watch someone else try to struggle against their bonds to no avail [Str roll 2+2] still they aren't you. You press against the bonds, trying to bench them off of you. You get them almost a foot away when they suddenly flash red. Suddenly all of the passengers are covered up to their necks in the golden glow. Fan-freakin-tastic. 

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Character: Trol Grane

You feel that you should at least try and break the ice [Speech roll 2] unfortunately it would seem your mouth is still dry and you start hacking when take a breath to speak. Just when you think you've recovered enough the golden glow wraps around your body, making a cloak of energy all the way up to your neck.

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Suddenly a voice comes into the small room, theres a bit of static but it is still clear. "Good morning folks! Judging by the way your bindings just activated I'd say one of you ugly lot just woke up!" he laughs for a minute. "My name is Nathaniel, and for the next couple hours of luxurious flight I'm going to be your host. The stewards are ugly, I'm sorry, but not a one of the powers that be thinks my request for Yvette models is at all warranted. If you promise to play nice I'll tone your bindings back down a notch and then we can have a lovely conversation."
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2011, 11:57:39 am »

"Ok, but I want to know what I'm doing in the same room as the terrorist who attacked the hydroponics area?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2011, 12:09:25 pm »

Dom looked up as one of the others mentioned a terrorist, but she didn't know which of the other two men in the room was who he meant. I guess the guy who asked that's not, and I haven't done anything. Well... nothing worse than usual, she amended, remembering the general disapproval of her attitude.

"Yeah, I wanna know what's going on here too. Flight? Where are you taking us?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2011, 12:10:54 pm »

"We're on a spaceship so that means Epsilon eridani, and I'm guessing the guys in brown are the terrorists."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2011, 12:17:38 pm »

Dom considered that for a moment. "...Makes sense," she conceded. "But I'm not sure why I'm here. Or you, either." He looked like a harmless sort of person. She turned to where the voice had come from. "Mind explaining that, Nathaniel?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2011, 03:11:07 pm »

"Woo, penny for the smart one." Nathaniel says "I don't know about terrorists but the uniforms you have on are color coded anyone in brown is considered a violent deviant. Green is for social, and blue is for physical, Red is for mental. Take it from me, try to get a red woman and you try to catch fire. Even if you succeed it still burns." He laughs again. "As to what you're doing here, you're deviants. You are, and I quote the little flyer I have here, 'A tarnish upon the boundless perfection of the Church of the Virgin World.' As to what you all did let me look at the guest list" The line cuts for a couple minutes before coming back on. "It looks like somebody felt a little lazy on their paperwork, you've all been listed as Deviation-22s. Happens sometimes when the want to move some people quickly, lot less paperwork. Anyways, we'll be hitting the gate shortly so if you have any particularly pertinent questions you might want to voice them now."
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2011, 03:27:31 pm »

Social? Dom shifted about as much as she was able in the restraints, but that was too little to even get comfortable. What's a 22, anyway? She looked over at the guy she had been speaking to. He'd figured out the jumpsuits, maybe he knew about this too. "Any idea what this guy's on about?" she asked, tilting her head at the speaker the voice was coming from.

"And, uh, my name's Dominique Wakeman," she offered. It felt a little awkward to not introduce herself.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 602