Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40427 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air
« Reply #405 on: January 23, 2011, 08:26:02 pm »

D:
Well... Norrec isn't fascist! I know it!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 23, 2011, 08:29:46 pm »

I shouldn't be so surprised that so many dwarves want to be communists. Oh well.

Tholtig, your neutralness is highly suspicious!
Wh- I don't know what you're talking about. Surely you don't think I would have joined the Neutrals, do you?

Anyway, I'd probably fit in well with the Goldguards and Intellectuals, and to a lesser extent Industrialists.

For Goldguards, grand buildings, displays of wealth and prosperity, and hoarding valuables are all hallmarks of a good dwarven fortress. Proper caste relations is kinda meh, and poor relations with other nations is a no-no, however.

With Intellectuals, good ties with other nations, a small military, and exploring strange phenomena is pretty good, with education for all dwarves being sort of neutral HAHA JUST KIDDING, I'm just not sure how it would work out.

On Industrialists, focus on manufacturing is good, as is concentration of wealth in upper-class (meaning more useful) dwarves. Treating poor dwarves poorly doesn't really seem necessary, and maximum exploitation seems a bit hasty and extreme; we don't HAVE to mine out ALL the gold RIGHT NOW, or anything.

NINJA'D: This makes me a Progressive Conservative Capitalist. Or would I be a Conservative Progressive Capitalist? Or a Capitalistic Progressive Conservative, or...?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 23, 2011, 08:39:19 pm »

Economically conservative, socially progressive capitalist.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 23, 2011, 08:40:57 pm »

Ok, on an unrelated, related note; I call any position to spread propaganda. Y'know like: the only good goblin is a dead goblin, big brother is watching you, do your work or else the communist goblins will win, et cetra, et centra.
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 23, 2011, 08:43:25 pm »

From strongest support to weakest support

Doomguards
Goldguards
Raggers

I will now explain my positions as CoughDrop did in order to avoid any confusion.  (I'm not a commie bastard)

Government
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Education

Foreign Relations

Military

Immigration

There, now you know how Norrec thinks.  I guess it's kind of important since I'm on a lot and like to post in these thread :P  Looks like you might just have some competition CoughDrop

So what does that make me, I'd guess a Conservative Capitalist.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:45:15 pm by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 23, 2011, 08:47:14 pm »

Conservative Communist.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 23, 2011, 08:48:57 pm »

... Seeing as how I completely don't mind people being rich, I just don't want it to be decided by birth, I think that puts me out of the realm of Communist.

Also, isn't Conservative Communist an oxymoron.

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 23, 2011, 08:50:45 pm »

I'm gonna have to agree with coughdrop. I like her ideals better the yours :P. Anyway I like having more immagrants sure they are more mouths to feed, but they are more volunteers to call up incase of emergency.
Edit
Also, isn't Conservative Communist an oxymoron.
Nope think of Marx when he first started out. Also he said capitlism will lead to communism not like thats going to happen
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:55:52 pm by elitetaco3519 »
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 23, 2011, 08:51:21 pm »

I'm gonna have to agree with coughdrop. I like her ideals better the yours :P. Anyway I like having more immagrants sure they are more mouths to feed, but they are more volunteers to call up incase of emergency.
Fortress needs food badly!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 23, 2011, 10:25:15 pm »

I was actually thinking of doing a little bit on longevity of products and the environment. But seeing as dwarves aren't scientifically advanced enough to understand how many parts of the environment work, I just couldn't find a reason for Litast to care.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 23, 2011, 10:31:04 pm »

While I believe in various parts of many of the differing factions beliefs, Main support is for Militaristis, Godschilds,  and Royalists.

I guess I'm a religious fascist conservative w/ sympathies towards the Bells (progressives) and the traditionalists who want to make the uber fort?  XP
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 24, 2011, 12:07:35 am »

I'll follow CoughDrop and Norrec's lead, because it looks fun.  Also I'm changing my answers because I've swapped "classist" for "insulting".  You fools.  (Being unhappy with the caste system is class-breaker, a positive trait, not classist, which means hating those of other castes)

Glimmerbells
Intellectuals
Independents

Government

Education

Foreign Relations

Military

Immigration

Edit: Economy:  Adil supports a economic system directed by the council, with a large amount of resources dedicated towards maintaining a minimum quality of life for the council members and other citizens.  I think this would be called a planned economy.  Individual wealth is possible, but heavily taxed.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:10:33 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 24, 2011, 01:04:52 am »

Militarists
Doomguards
Industrialists

I will now explain my positions as CoughDrop, Norrec, and others did in order to avoid any confusion.

Government

Education

Foreign Relations

Military

Immigration

So what does this make Shem? Note that I'm writing this on little sleep, so it's not as well-worded as Norrec's is - but then, Shem is a blunt and forthright dwarf, so this fits, I suppose.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 24, 2011, 02:25:48 am »

I've thought about it more, and I think you're right Shade-O, I would be fit more as a Conservative Communist because I want open movement to be possible between the rich and the poor, which is an inherently awkward notion for the dwarves.  Also, I dislike nobles, but that's a whole other story.  While not being nearly as concerned with making everyone equal in outcomes, Norrec wants to make everyone equal in opportunities.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 24, 2011, 02:46:06 am »

Oh yeah, and you don't have to write up a manifesto of your political, economic and social goals. It's not like I read this thread.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 55