Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40426 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air
« Reply #390 on: January 23, 2011, 07:08:24 pm »

...nobody is stopping you from mining, we're just directing your mining activities so they will be the most profitable for everyone (i.e. we won't die of starvation (hopefully))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 23, 2011, 07:40:00 pm »

Yeah! Oh, and does anyone mind if I sleep during the day?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 23, 2011, 07:43:24 pm »

Nope, I sleep during the day from Noon-8 most of the time.  My bed is oft so cold without you, dear Urist :P

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 23, 2011, 07:50:25 pm »

Oh dear norrec, I missed you so much, Im even going to make a statuette and put all sorts of engravings on it. I think you might like it as a character. As I said, the gifts should only get better. :P ;)
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 23, 2011, 07:58:17 pm »

Mining out more farmland is good, I suppose. Our current lack of sustainable fuel makes anything else somewhat problematic anyway.

I don't think we should dump rubble into any part of the river unless we're absolutely certain it'll get carried away quickly and efficiently. Even then, maybe we should keep it for filling material or to make concrete or something.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 23, 2011, 08:00:01 pm »

Yeah I think we should keep it, and I've been making some charcoal, so we have a bit... enough to get by for the moment anyhow.  We'll finally be able to get some seeds I'm betting now that spring is here, thank goodness, I frikkin' hate not being able to get all the outdoor farmland set up.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 23, 2011, 08:01:31 pm »

Oops, I meant fuel for lanterns for light. There's gotta be a better way to illuminate the interior.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 23, 2011, 08:04:42 pm »

We could grow lantern fungus in strategic locations.  I was going to do that eventually anyhow, but I figure we have slightly more pressing issues.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 23, 2011, 08:07:38 pm »

I shouldn't be so surprised that so many dwarves want to be communists. Oh well.

Tholtig, your neutralness is highly suspicious!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 23, 2011, 08:09:20 pm »

I shouldn't be so surprised that so many dwarves want to be communists. Oh well.

We're like smurfs that aren't blue.

But seriously, I think the political side of this will be very interesting.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 23, 2011, 08:09:51 pm »

Hey, I don't want to be communist, I said I'm only with the Raggers so far as it gets rid of the nobles and promotes people based off of ability and deeds not birth.  That puts me firmly in the realm of Capitalist, not Communist or some Caste worshiper. 

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 23, 2011, 08:10:11 pm »

well with rooms close to the edge windows could work. Lantern fungus would help, if we could make hanging bowls of the stuff...

Actually my character doesn't really have any factions.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 23, 2011, 08:12:49 pm »

Nearly every form of government has the capacity to become corrupt. It's just that communism has been, through-and-through, very easy to corrupt. I'm not exactly sure how any of our characters know about any political history, though.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 23, 2011, 08:13:48 pm »

I'm learned. I know.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:19:27 pm by Ochita »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 23, 2011, 08:20:51 pm »

There's more to it, but in broad strokes the factions line up this way:

Militarists, Doomguards and Isolationists are Nationalist
Raggers are Communist
Industrialists are Capitalist
Royalists, Goldguards and Godchilds are Conservative
Independents, Intellectuals and Glimmerbells are Progressive

And you're all doomed! Hahahaha!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:56:55 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 55