Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374518 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18150 on: October 16, 2016, 10:02:01 pm »

Went to shoot a rocket to deal with a crowd of Morningstars. No time to get in a vehicle, I had very little health. I was five hundred feet away from Saints HQ, I could get there on foot if I just dealt with this bunch of assholes. I aimed the rocket right into the center of the group of cars...

A car crashed into something nearby. Probably a cop, or a civilian trying to get away. A piece of physics debris landed right in front of me, blocking the missile right as I shot it.

Saints Row the Third.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #18151 on: October 17, 2016, 12:57:46 am »

Pinwheel killed me. Twice, no less. I think that means that I have finally died to every boss in the game.

In my defence, I wasn't taking it seriously the first time and the second time it decided to troll me by instantly duplicating and spewing fire.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18152 on: October 18, 2016, 03:44:31 am »

Made some questionable tactical decisions, not least of which that I was running around the catacombs before even killing the gargoyles. For some reason.
???

I lost 15k souls because of that.

Dark Souls

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #18153 on: October 18, 2016, 03:52:26 am »

It's perfectly possible to run the Catacombs and even Tomb of the Giants before killing the Gargoyles. If you don't know exactly what you're doing, though, it's not advisable. :P

My own death was after being invaded by a Forest Hunter. After very sportingly waiting for me to finish off the thief I was fighting, they decided to pancake me with their DMB Zweihander while I was resining up. That's not very nice, man!

Dark Souls.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18154 on: October 18, 2016, 03:57:27 am »

Well, you can explore the tomb if you want, but you can't fight Nito until you place the Lordvessel, so unless you want something down there there's not much point in going past Pinwheel early.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18155 on: October 18, 2016, 10:25:38 am »

Tried to attack a knight shooting spears at me. Fell off of a building and died.
Fuck Anor Londo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, got invaded by an actual player for the first time today. Realized just how harsh PvP can be when he danced around my slow Zweihander attacks and tore me apart.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:38:29 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #18156 on: October 18, 2016, 02:19:55 pm »

How to destroy the beginner PVP-er: when they inevitably try to circle-strafe you to backstab, strafe in the same direction as they are (so as to close the distance). In a moment, you'll be behind them and can backstab them.

Also, poise will be your friend using a Zwei. That or rolling attacks, I guess. If they're using a light weapon, it's often safe to turtle up a bit and try to see if you can get a read on them to predict their attacks - either into a parry or just a generic punish.

I really enjoy thrusting swords... except for their hitboxes. Trying to kill Sentinels with a rapier is incredibly painful. It makes the trip to O&S far more difficult than I found it on previous runs.

Dark Souls.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18157 on: October 18, 2016, 04:43:38 pm »

Koume was at a fairly bad angle to deflect Kotoke's attack, so I locked onto Koume to automatically aim. Apparently trying to deflect their attacks using ZL-targeting doesn't work. I couldn't roll out of the blast fast enough and the freeze effect took out my 2+3/4 hearts almost instantly.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18158 on: October 18, 2016, 07:44:58 pm »

Tried to attack a knight shooting spears at me. Fell off of a building and died.
Fuck Anor Londo.

Fun fact: You can parry the spears[Or most similar projectiles, really] to completely nullify their knockback effect. You'll still take full damage, but it makes them much less deadly.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18159 on: October 18, 2016, 07:49:02 pm »

Fun fact: You can parry [...] You'll still take full damage, but it makes them much less deadly.
Heh, only Dark Souls.
That and
Fuck Anor Londo.
I might actually play the series soon, with my schedule changing.  But I doubt it can live up to the stories.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18160 on: October 18, 2016, 08:01:00 pm »

Okay this mission's just dumb.  Not even especially hard, just dumb.
First, another completely pointless drive... to the truck we need to drive.
The point of the truck is to steal drugs from the Russians.  They're expecting a truck like this.
Except on the drive over, the Italian and Niko talk about how there's no chance they'll fall for this.

...and then once we reach the Russians, who are expecting a Russian, and Niko is Russian, it's the Italian that tries to fast-talk them.
During which the game flashes "The element of surprise will be critical" or somesuch.

Yeah well surprise, they don't fall for it, and they open fire on us.  "Surprise" my ass.

Pretty typical shootout then except that I spied a health pack, and went for it.  It was next for an explosive barrel which caught a wayward round in my direction.
well played

GTA 4
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18161 on: October 18, 2016, 08:12:27 pm »

Doing some hooker trafficking with Pierce, with Morningstar on our tail because of course they are. The fight very quickly escalates out of hand, as I open with the rocket launcher and grenades and then have no heavy weapons to deal with the Brutes. I'm not good at planning these things.

Pierce finishes up his business, so I scavenge a car (Pierce's ride was blown to shit). I get in the passenger seat. However, before Pierce can get in, a Brute smashes the car. Phyics flips out and sends the car over a hill; short linear distance, but I can't get back to the action. The Morningstar surround me, but the car's mostly fine so I'll--

Wait, I can't drive, the minigame is forcing me to be passenger. Shit.

Saint's Row the Third.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18162 on: October 19, 2016, 04:42:45 am »

Yeah, the Brutes are nasty on Trafficking. Only thing I can think of is either hope the don't spawn while you're stopped, or try to blow up the car while they're still on it. Flamethrower Brutes are the worst, though I don't think a minigun Brute has shown up yet during Trafficking.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18163 on: October 20, 2016, 12:55:39 am »

Fuck Anor Londo.

Also, got invaded by an actual player for the first time today. Realized just how harsh PvP can be when he danced around my slow Zweihander attacks and tore me apart.
I haven't tried it myself yet, but if you've got the Faith for it (14 faith afaik) the Force miracle can deflect projectiles, so that might work out better than a shield.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18164 on: October 20, 2016, 01:32:42 am »

Fought a level 100-something triceratops. Shot it with 10 traq arrows which just made it angry. Proceeded to hit it with a club until the club broke....... twice. Finally managed to club it down before the club broke a third time.

scoured around the whole area and didn't see any enemies so I was poking through the engram menu trying to unlock wooden spikes to build a little fence around myself so I could tame it in peace..... and I get attacked out of nowhere, by the time I escape all the menus I'm half-dead and I can't quite finish the raptor before it kills me. Stupid, after the epic trike battle :(

Ark: survival evolved.

Respawned and tried to run back but I couldn't remember exactly where it was, so I never found it :(
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 1575