Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374293 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18135 on: October 15, 2016, 07:50:36 pm »

Hofig the Half-Orc Warrior made the terribly short-sighted decision of walking into a room full of crows of Durthang. The corridor back out of the room was several tiles long before turning a corner, and a brown yeek came up from behind and caught him between a pack of magical crows and...whatever a yeek is. Each crow in line of sight of him could curse him to bleed each turn, and the crows were fast enough that they got multiple attacks on him each time he got an action. At first Hofig tried killing all the crows, but after several missed attacks and losing half his health in that timeframe he realized it'd be better to get the hell out and read a scroll of recall. Then started chugging every potion of healing he had on him.

Hofig quickly lost all 135 of his hitpoints before the scroll of recall activated. He died from a thousand cuts from magical crows.

Whew. Monster packs are proving to be really dangerous. Cave spiders, hill orcs, and now super fast magic crows that can magically cause bleeding and come in packs of 10 or more.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18136 on: October 15, 2016, 08:41:47 pm »

This freakin ruined hospital.  So many doorways, and guys with shotguns.  Really awkward in forced third person!  The cover system helps I guess but only when the enemies advance, and I'm pretty sure the cops (in the second stage) eventually reinforce.  Well plus they have a helicopter with a machine gun.

I actually got away and lost the police once, nearly dead, and just had to drive the drugs to a dropoff point.  In my relief I... kinda bungled stealing a new car.  Then killed the police who tried to arrest me, because... well I'd just fought off literally 20 of them.  Naturally I was back at three stars, and got shot as I tried to lose the backup.  STUPID STUPID DUMB XD

Anyway it's almost like I was set up or something :P  (Pretty sure this is that mission)

GTA 4
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #18137 on: October 15, 2016, 09:36:13 pm »

There's a first-person mode in 4? Thought that was new in the next-gen versions of 5.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18138 on: October 15, 2016, 10:00:04 pm »

Nah there isn't, and that's largely my problem :P
Only in these areas with doorways, though.  3rd person is generally nice for peeking around corners, but it's making it kinda hard to tell if someone's taking cover behind a doorway I'm about to go through.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18139 on: October 16, 2016, 12:13:03 am »

As odd as it seems for the games premise, I do consider the shooting in GTA 4, San Andreas and 3 to be one of the weaker aspects. I think 5 has first person, but third person shooting has always felt awkward to me in GTA.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18140 on: October 16, 2016, 12:14:09 am »

I really like the first person stuff, actually.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18141 on: October 16, 2016, 12:36:08 am »

Fackin' weirdos.

I remember the good ol' days when it was top down shooting, and you only had a choice of your fists, a pistol and a machine gun. You only had 1HP too!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #18142 on: October 16, 2016, 12:50:11 am »

I remember the good ol' days
Sure you do gram gram, how about some tea and a warm quilt? Do you want to watch the chase?
 :P
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18143 on: October 16, 2016, 02:51:02 am »

GTA 1 was even worse. Trying to do precision aiming using tank controls? The machine gun was how I dealt with it mostly. Spray and pray, like you were whipping a hose around the backyard.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18144 on: October 16, 2016, 05:04:21 am »

I took out a blue gang operation, which already nearly did me in until I figured out grenades. Killing twenty or so gangsters and miscellaneous civvies gave me way more notoriety than I knew how to deal with. Being chased by vehicles full of gangsters up and down the street, I eventually ran out of ammo for the pistol and had to use the crappy submachine gun to defend myself. Then my car caught fire and I had to run away on foot.

The blue teleporting girls got me in the end, although I'm proud to say I put up a pretty long fight before I got killed.

Saint's Row the Third.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18145 on: October 16, 2016, 05:08:17 am »

TIP: If you own a nearby store or crib(not the brown "properties" you can buy as you cannot enter them), you can go inside to wipe all notoriety.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18146 on: October 16, 2016, 12:06:42 pm »

The mission where you try to save Roman...
Actually went pretty well, mostly.  Stayed in cover, used the AK.  Shot a couple of explosive barrels.  There were a couple of rather bs ambushes, but there was a convenient set of body armor.

After [stuff], Roman and I went to the stairs...  Where he tripped.  I wasn't even that close to him!  He fell down three flights and just lay there with his head at a funny angle.

GTA 4
She/they

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18147 on: October 16, 2016, 06:10:17 pm »

Ragequit after: 1. Trying to blow up a hacked terminal only to step on a mine. 2. Actually blowing up the hacked terminal, rebuilding it, spawning a tank, and immediately running over(you cannot control a vehicle until it autopilots away from the pad) several anti-tank mines from the same guy(whose statscreen showed him as an Infiltrator - AT mines are Engineer-only). 3. Looking at the base I was in and noticing every single terminal was hacked, so I switch to Infiltrator. On the way back, they start overloading the shield generators. On the way to deal with that, I see them capturing the control point - which was impossible since they controlled only one adjacent territory which we were in the process of capturing(which breaks the link to the next base). I go inside the main base, find they have a Sunderer in a spot that's nearly impossible to park(unsure if it was deployed, it was certainly in the no-deploy zone). I un-hack a vehicle terminal, spawn my own Sunderer and flee from the large number of enemies in the base, and deploy right next to an enemy Sunderer. I hit that Sunderer with three AT mines, and only broke the shields. One second later, a Magrider cuts right through my own Sunderer shield, killing me.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18148 on: October 16, 2016, 06:37:22 pm »

She/they

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18149 on: October 16, 2016, 07:18:57 pm »

Wasn't ramming. Main gun, probably a copilot in the turret gun too. I still don't get why they keep saying the Magrider is underpowered. I've taken on NC Vanguards in a Lightning. The trick is to use the Lightning's speed and maneuverability. The Vanguard lacks that, the TR Prowler completely lacks it(it has to immobilize itself to maximize range/DPS), but the Magrider outmatches any ground vehicle. They say that the gun being a hull gun is bad, except that means the driver always knows exactly where the tank is pointed, and the fact the tank can strafe means it can always run circles around a target while keeping both the front armor and main gun on it(all other tanks trying to circle expose the side armor). And it doesn't have to worry as much about obstacles, and the fact that it hovers in the air means you can't climb on top and plant AT mines.
Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 1575