Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 [1213] 1214 1215 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374525 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18180 on: October 21, 2016, 04:55:35 pm »

Wasn't quite prepared for the final boss, even though I made it to what I think was its final form.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18181 on: October 22, 2016, 02:35:47 am »

Wasn't quite prepared for the final boss, even though I made it to what I think was its final form.

Hydlide ;~; I remember playing Hydlide on a GBA when I was around 7 years old--not knowing how stuff worked due a total lack of help manuals or stuff, and learning by experience. I made it to the seeming final boss (that dragon on the isle, flying around with firebreath?) and won the game--I just remember now how lacking the end is. :P

This is a very difficult roguelike that I dislike how instant-one-shot-kills-happen just because your build isn't combat oriented :I

I stepped into a room. I got one-shot-killed by a snapjaw archer. All 15 hp minus leather armor and cap and stuff. GAHH. (Before that in another character was glowmoths. :V WHYY)
And this run I was lucky to come across a dromad merchant who sold the eigenrifle, and my tinkering allowed access to a solar cell! ;~;

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18182 on: October 22, 2016, 03:11:00 am »

Doing the quest where you have to rescue prisoners from a Stormcloak fort, then use them to take said fort. I didn't realize that you had to actually tell them to join you. I rushed out into the courtyard and found myself fighting 20 stormcloaks with no backup at all. Adding insult to injury, what finally got me was an execution move when the killer was several feet away and the animations weren't aligned at all.

Skyrim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18183 on: October 22, 2016, 04:07:52 am »

Ironically, despite Civ's innovation and allure, the series has possibly the worst-ever way to determine who wins.
Eh I like most of the victory types. Time/Turn Limit is just really shitty, which is why basically everyone turns it off :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18184 on: October 22, 2016, 06:20:04 am »

Hooooooo boy, who doesn't love enemies which are pretty much designed to screw with your style? Eh? EH?!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18185 on: October 22, 2016, 07:14:00 am »

Yeah, those guys have a lot of poise, but little tracking and slow attacks - you're meant to backstab 'em. You'd probably like Iron King a little better, since IIRC the enemies there are the opposite - little poise, but they track and attack fast, so the idea with them is to outrange them with powerful strikes.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18186 on: October 22, 2016, 08:10:55 am »

Yeah, those guys have a lot of poise, but little tracking and slow attacks - you're meant to backstab 'em. You'd probably like Iron King a little better, since IIRC the enemies there are the opposite - little poise, but they track and attack fast, so the idea with them is to outrange them with powerful strikes.
Well, I'm trying, but I swear the hitboxes for the backstabs are off with them, I'll be directly at their back and it'll give me the standard wide swing which gives a plentiful amount of time for me to get punished for it, but sometimes a good 45 degrees off I'll get given it, maybe I'm too used to fucking with the really easy backstabs for the Eleum Golems in the Ivory King.
Do'h well, I keep a ceastus as a backup for a reason.

Oh, that reminds me, WHO LIKES MID-BATTLE MULTIBOSSES?! NOT DIS' GAI!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18187 on: October 22, 2016, 09:06:50 am »

Yeah, fuck Darkstalker. I beat him once just to do it and then 'never again'. Same with 2cat, cool ranch, and the gank squad; I don't particularly care for the items they're guarding and I don't need the levels, so I consider those guys one and done.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18188 on: October 22, 2016, 10:21:45 am »

I found Darklurker to be way easier than that Havel knock-off in the final Chasm.

Cool Ranch can definitely go fuck themselves though. The only way I managed to beat them was by having a horde of summons. That way we could duck out and heal up while the others occupied his attention. Mind you, I think the biggest problem with him is the gauntlet leading up to him. Makes him difficult to figure out his patterns, since it takes so long to return to the fight. I think it's best to kill the enemies enough times that they no longer spawn before going after the boss. That way it's not as frustrating running up to him and you get a ton of souls to improve your level.

I need to get back into DS2 at some point and actually finish the game, now that I think about it. I burnt out in the middle of the second DLC with visiting the memories left to do. Wherever the memories are again.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18189 on: October 22, 2016, 02:49:40 pm »

The memories are the next to last thing to do in the game, so you're pretty close to the end if you skip the DLCs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18190 on: October 22, 2016, 03:00:31 pm »

I painstakingly created a new character, agonizing over every step of the process. Do I want to be a Khajiit thief-warrior like usual? Do I want to be a more tanky warrior class? Or maybe I'll pick High Elf and primarily use magic, something I've never done before? Should Long Blade be a primary skill instead of Block? Do I want to go with Light or Heavy armor? There's plugins that add better medium armor, but what if they're not good enough?

I finally make my character with everything in order, start looking for Fargoth to give him his stupid ring...

The game minimizes itself and crashes. I hadn't saved at this point, so my character is gone and all the time I spent wasted.

Morrowind.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18191 on: October 22, 2016, 03:33:40 pm »

I painstakingly created a new character, agonizing over every step of the process. Do I want to be a Khajiit thief-warrior like usual? Do I want to be a more tanky warrior class? Or maybe I'll pick High Elf and primarily use magic, something I've never done before? Should Long Blade be a primary skill instead of Block? Do I want to go with Light or Heavy armor? There's plugins that add better medium armor, but what if they're not good enough?

I finally make my character with everything in order, start looking for Fargoth to give him his stupid ring...

The game minimizes itself and crashes. I hadn't saved at this point, so my character is gone and all the time I spent wasted.

Morrowind.

Had something similar happen to me in Mass Effect 1:
I played as a good guy in my first playthrough.
So I wanted something different, and managed to make a female character that looked absolutly the part she was about to play, an arrogant bitch that just knew the world (universe) rotated around her.
The game crashes while making landfall on the first planet. And I never managed to get that look again, not on a female and not on a male character. Never replayed the game...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18192 on: October 23, 2016, 08:44:08 am »

Pippin Barr killed me. To be fair, I killed him first.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18193 on: October 23, 2016, 09:54:55 am »

Friend wanted to test out their new build for pvp.  So we do a duel. 

Fight goes about as usual, we both immediately go into stealth, I find him first and get first hit. (Everybody can stealth to go invisible, but there are set bonuses and races that can make a char better at it than others. My char is effectively capped at it. I'm not seen in pvp unless you step on me without detection spells)

We trade hits and he drops.  I am a bit higher level than him so it wasn't unexpected.  I open up my combat stats addon to send him the damage info so he can study it for any adjustments he wants and suddenly I'm dead. 5 seconds after the battle ended.  Turns out his new build includes a fancy new incredibly powerful bleed effect, I didn't notice because my lifesteal and heal over time spell was counteracting it during the fight.  But with the fight over suddenly I was taking 10% of my hp in damage every second and didn't notice.

Elder Scrolls Online
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18194 on: October 23, 2016, 10:09:21 am »

Started Caves of Qud for the first time and rolled a random character. After testing a few keys, I set off to explore the first town but was immediately charged by Mehmet who was hostile for some reason. He took a swing at me, so I opened fire with my revolver. Big mistake. The warden was watching and vaporized me in a single turn.

My next character started out with 4 grenades, so I chucked them all at Mehmet and got my revenge. Then I was killed by the farmers who were outside the blast radius.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 [1213] 1214 1215 ... 1575