Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374279 times)

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18120 on: October 11, 2016, 03:00:34 pm »

I went to fight Kematu. Forgetting for a moment that he's an unfair pile of dicks, I used my crappy unenchanted war axe and didn't even try to open with Unrelenting Force. I got killed in short order.

Skyrim.

Remember; keep on pushing, and one day, you will be the unfair pile of dicks. The mobs will live in fear of you, like a force of nature! A dealer in cheese spam ruin and death!

But yes, Kematu is a pain, him and his pals. Thanks to him, a tiny part of my (admittadly very happy) memories of Skyrim will forever be dedicated to getting thrased around the cave by him. Come back after a few levels and shove a priceless extra-dimensional artefact up his arse.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18121 on: October 11, 2016, 03:22:12 pm »

Is Kematu the Alikr trying to kill an Alikr woman in Whiterun?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18122 on: October 11, 2016, 04:50:46 pm »

Is Kematu the Alikr trying to kill an Alikr woman in Whiterun?

Yes, the guy at the bottom of the In My Time of Need quest. He's roit 'arder than he looks at low levels, as I've learnt to my cost.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18123 on: October 13, 2016, 04:04:40 pm »

I cannot even count the ways I died in the last 45 minutes.
However, the last one was because the Enforcer is kind of difficult to play because it has no mobility whatsoever, and I got the Wandering Vagrant as a boss, which was possibly the worst one of the three to get.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18124 on: October 13, 2016, 04:48:33 pm »

This one was earlier, probably last night, but...

Had to go kill a bunch of people on a boat. As soon as I got on the jet ski to head for the boat, I have an attack chopper on me. As I'm driving(is that the word?), I'm trading fire with it from my pistol(with infinite ammo). I'm getting close to the boat and I don't want the attack chopper harassing me, plus I see I got it to smoking damage, so I stop to get a steadier aim to finish it off. It drops a missile on me, direct hit, I'm dead instantly. I have to start the mission over from the start, which includes the lengthy drive to the jet ski in the first place.

Next attempt, I board the jet ski, the chopper attacks, I turn on cruise control to focus on shooting, it fires a missile immediately, killing me. It could have done that at any point last time.

Third attempt(spoiler: was successful), I decide "screw the jet ski" and pull a helicopter out of my headquarters. Instantly, I get a warning about the attack helicopter, rather than just getting to the water. I flail about, trying to spot it, only to smack into a building, flip over, and stretch to the breaking point the definition of the word "land" in the parking lot outside my HQ. I climb back up to my helipad, notice that I can't recall the helicopter I "landed", so I grab another helicopter. At least with this, I could dodge the attack chopper's missiles, made it to the boat, everyone died except me for once.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #18125 on: October 13, 2016, 09:05:44 pm »

Dwarpa the Darven Paladin was slain by Lagduf the Snaga 500 feet down in the depths of Angband.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18126 on: October 14, 2016, 12:37:08 am »

I got Skyrim Legendary Edition, but didn't plan to install the expansions until I felt like doing the necessary mod changes.

Well, Dawnguard and so on installed themselves anyway. When I next fast-travelled to Whiterun, I found myself confronted by vampire thralls and Dragonborn cultists in a massive brawl just inside the gate. I got surrounded and blasted with a fireballs until I died.

Skyrim: Unexpected Legendary Edition
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18127 on: October 14, 2016, 12:41:54 am »

I picked up the crystal to carry it to the exit and was immediately swarmed by dozens of robots and killed, as has been the case every time I play this game.

Dungeon fo the Endless.
Shoes...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18128 on: October 14, 2016, 04:39:31 am »

I got Skyrim Legendary Edition, but didn't plan to install the expansions until I felt like doing the necessary mod changes.

Well, Dawnguard and so on installed themselves anyway. When I next fast-travelled to Whiterun, I found myself confronted by vampire thralls and Dragonborn cultists in a massive brawl just inside the gate. I got surrounded and blasted with a fireballs until I died.

Skyrim: Unexpected Legendary Edition

You ought to be able to disable them from the mod load list, either in the data files or whatever mod manager you use. That reminds me when I tried Tribunal for the first time; getting a high-level Dark Brotherhood assassin in your face the first time I slept was not fun. And it took me a long time to sell the loot because few shopkeepers had that much money :P.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18129 on: October 14, 2016, 06:39:14 am »

I mostly sold in that city in the middle, there was this scamp trader that had 5k each day and paid full price. But after raiding a daedra place I always had to stay there for a long time to get rid of everything (because I didn't want to waste a single gold, when I sold a 40k piece I bought stuff for 35k back, and so on).
Never found the crab...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18130 on: October 14, 2016, 06:43:23 am »

Did not know how where to dock my spacecraft, and somehow crashed into the station I was supposed to dock at.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18131 on: October 14, 2016, 08:22:55 am »

Stupid Typhon being able to one shot me. Titan Quest sometimes feels like it has a bit of an eclectic difficulty curve. I can go through areas with no real problems but come certain enemies or bosses and I need to stack resistances to delay dying to falling meteors or ice breath.

Maybe I was spoilt by Diablo 2. I never needed to worry about resistances too much there until at least the second difficulty level. It could also be me building a hoplite using defense/hunter, the melee damage of some enemies is really high. Do you rely on stabbing them to death quickly, health regeneration and life drain or armour and damage mitigation? I've done this build before and I think I focused on regeneration and life drain but the problem there was surviving long enough to get into melee and start wailing on them.

Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18132 on: October 15, 2016, 06:51:21 am »

Stupid Typhon being able to one shot me. Titan Quest sometimes feels like it has a bit of an eclectic difficulty curve. I can go through areas with no real problems but come certain enemies or bosses and I need to stack resistances to delay dying to falling meteors or ice breath.

I always had that problem, too. Well, generally speaking. It seemed like no matter how much health I had or how far I stacked resistances, mobs would end up doing an uncomfortable amount of damage with every hit. Like, being able to 2 or 3 shot me. Made things incongruous because you could avoid a lot of attacks, but archers (especially the dragonkin archers in the fourth(?) chapter) auto-hit. Had to be very careful around them because no matter how much piercing resist I stacked (I think 70% was the hard cap?) three or five of them shooting me at the same time could kill me outright.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #18133 on: October 15, 2016, 08:17:58 am »

It was an epic street battle as a motorcycle club was trying to establish dominance, myself easily swatting the three road knights to the gutter.
Everytime they attacked I repeled with my carbine everytime I ignored their efforts by escaping.
I had killed all of them a good 7 or so times each, then I started getting messaged insults by them, I replied "haha busy".
I had not started this fight and they themselves had establised that Im a virgin, fat, loser, modder etc.
I laughing at the messages get caught off guard by these children.
Duck behind my armoured car they are on the otherside, then I flop out the hand held grenade launcher aim toward a wall in an attempt to wall bounce towards them and their motorcycles causing a beautiful 3 in one explosion.
However murphys law... the 'nade bounces off the wall and angles straight to my car.. "FUCK" I barely had time to react let alone get away.
It wasnt that bad but they tried to rub it in.
I fucked them up until they left the server, about 12 v 3.

If you know the game PM me, we can talk  :)
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18134 on: October 15, 2016, 08:43:33 am »

If you know the game PM me, we can talk  :)
Not how things work around here, pal.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 ... 1575