Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1110 1111 [1112] 1113 1114 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371223 times)

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16665 on: March 12, 2016, 02:17:30 pm »

Contracted ironshank, and the disease progressed faster than I realized. Legs locked up in the middle of the wilderness, committed suicide by booster overdose rather than die of thirst.

And this was my best character too. :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16666 on: March 12, 2016, 05:47:12 pm »

Killed. Respawned. I see that a control point we held was under attack. The same person who killed me before when we were an improbably far distance away suddenly jumps out from the building with the control point an repeatedly shoots me in the face. While bunny hopping.

Que ragequit.

EDIT:
Had to defend Acan South Labs no less than four times from the NC in less than an hour. All with varying levels of organization on both attackers' and defenders' part. The reason was simple enough; it allows a teleport directly into NC-held Acan Biolab. Unfortunately, the few people who were using that shortcut were just sitting in the teleporter room, thumbs in asses, getting camped by a couple of MAXes. I gave up when the VS managed to circle around and cut off half a dozen territories - including Acan South, which would make any assault on the biolab pointless.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:27:40 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16667 on: March 13, 2016, 02:29:03 am »

Gascoigne is a parry skill check of a boss. Once you're comfortable with the parry mechanic and get the timing for his attacks down, you'll be posting in the own thread instead.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16668 on: March 13, 2016, 02:34:23 am »

Brother owns Bloodborne. Decided to play. Reached Gascoine.

https://youtu.be/t3rqsmLpa1c?t=389
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16669 on: March 13, 2016, 03:04:17 am »

oh HO HOH HOHOHOOHOHOHO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOH
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #16670 on: March 13, 2016, 07:19:58 am »

Watch your ammo when fighting him. I've died because I didn't realize I was out of ammo when trying to parry.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16671 on: March 13, 2016, 08:58:49 am »

I tried to take on a level 47 miniboss to complete a quest early to go from 0 to 26 agility in less than an hour because of a long story.

Anyway, I'm level 13. The boss, as mentioned, is level 47. I also can't be wearing armor, because my strategy depended on magic. In addition, I really did not have enough food to sustain any sort of prolonged encounter. Also, it is in a very dangerous midgame area filled with similarly-leveled monsters, which block the way to any sort of help or rescue.

In short, I died several times.

Oldschool Runescape.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16672 on: March 13, 2016, 09:34:02 am »

Had a smokehouse going, nice pen with a cow, two fields full of plants ... Already killed three or so Njerps, got overconfident and died from having my arm lopped the heck off in combat with another.

Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16673 on: March 13, 2016, 11:53:43 am »

I tried to take on a level 47 miniboss to complete a quest early to go from 0 to 26 agility in less than an hour because of a long story.

Anyway, I'm level 13. The boss, as mentioned, is level 47. I also can't be wearing armor, because my strategy depended on magic. In addition, I really did not have enough food to sustain any sort of prolonged encounter. Also, it is in a very dangerous midgame area filled with similarly-leveled monsters, which block the way to any sort of help or rescue.

In short, I died several times.

Oldschool Runescape.

Oh god, you reminded me of the time while in "slightly more recent runescape", I went dungeoneering with a much higher leveled set of players, and as in dungeoneering the end-level boss scales to the party level, at one point as the three level 100+ players died, I was left alone (then level 78) to fight a level 240 something end-level boss. Naturally, I died pretty quick.

EDIT: i looked it up, it was Shadow-Forger Ihlakizan, and with a party composition we had, it would've been either level 353 or level 407. ie. too damn strong for a lone level 78.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:07:39 pm by Reudh »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16674 on: March 13, 2016, 04:43:17 pm »

Pushed into the heart of the Dark Eldar stronghold and set most of it on fire. Blew up their Archon's Dais of Destruction(which was the final objective). Then the game bugged out with an error label that read "Fatal Scar Error - Execution Paused". The mission scripts refused to continue.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16675 on: March 13, 2016, 10:58:45 pm »

Pushed into the heart of the Dark Eldar stronghold and set most of it on fire. Blew up their Archon's Dais of Destruction(which was the final objective). Then the game bugged out with an error label that read "Fatal Scar Error - Execution Paused". The mission scripts refused to continue.

Could I ask what faction you were?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16676 on: March 14, 2016, 06:59:43 am »

The Women Who Are Angry All the Time Adepta Sororitas.

EDIT: Just tried to retake a Biolab with one other player. For nearly half an hour, our only opposition was a pay2win possibly an aimbotter. Nearly had the whole place locked down...

...until a bunch of Brazilians from both VS and NC showed up. ...And I'm pretty sure multifaction teamwork like that is a violation of the game rules. Especially since the NC had no reason to be there.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:41:21 am by Akura »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16677 on: March 14, 2016, 04:05:07 pm »

Threw a dagger at a crypt from across the room, ran over to it.  That stupid leprechaun beat me to the gold the crypt dropped 1 turn from my arrival, without a dagger I simply rubbed my face on him.  The resulting not-dance killed me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16678 on: March 14, 2016, 04:09:58 pm »

Platoon lead ordered a max crash.  I usually play engie but I figured what the hey I'll join the fun.  I resupplied up and pulled a max suit with a shotgun and a rocket launcher of some kind.  And walk out of the seiged down spawn room with the rest of the walking tanks.

...And got gunned down and killed within 10 seconds, no rez.  I really don't understand why when I use the things I am completely inept and helpless but when I'm fighting against the things I need an archer anti-materiel rifle and C4 to even make a dent in one.

I immediately went back to engie on respawn and was far more useful than I ever was in a max suit.

Planetside 2

You did what's called "poking your balls out". The outfit I used to run with were very good at MAX Crashes; there's even a video of one (featuring skyrunner!) where it explains how a successful crash works. (Skyrunner used to play as Ociella, she's there at the 2:00 mark repairing the player in the video.) Bungins, the guy barking at everyone is a longtime PS2 player and probably one of the best commanders left on Briggs.

Sure, maxes are tanky, but the damage that can be output far exceeds your tankiness. Think of them like Heavys in TF2; sure, 300HP sounds like a lot, but under focused fire, a heavy will melt in a very short time.
maxes dying is sort of irrelevant

you just charge at the point and everybody has to gtfo or get torn to shreds by dual slug mattocks

also multifaction teamwork isn't against the rules and it's not like either of those parties alone wouldn't have shut you out of the biolab. even if they didn't, it's not hard to change to another character
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:13:27 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16679 on: March 14, 2016, 04:46:38 pm »

Threw a dagger at a crypt from across the room, ran over to it.  That stupid leprechaun beat me to the gold the crypt dropped 1 turn from my arrival, without a dagger I simply rubbed my face on him.  The resulting not-dance killed me.
meteors inbound
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 1110 1111 [1112] 1113 1114 ... 1575