Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1108 1109 [1110] 1111 1112 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371252 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16635 on: March 07, 2016, 11:17:41 am »

Welp. Looks like Oclire bit it. The combat system in this game is so frustratingly insanely arbitrary...

Might & Fealty.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16636 on: March 07, 2016, 11:24:44 am »

Swarmed by biters, which subsequently chewed up half our factory.

Factorio.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #16637 on: March 07, 2016, 12:52:16 pm »

Talked to a Mad person in a graveyard, and he summoned a bunch of kamikaze skeletons.

Divinity: Original sin Enhanced Edition
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16638 on: March 07, 2016, 07:09:33 pm »

Attempted to build a torpedo the fires over 150 tiny flechettes using artificial gravity. As I'm putting in artificial mass blocks with the torpedo's gravity generators off and no discernible gravity source nearby, the whole thing starts spinning out of control and exploding in my face.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16639 on: March 07, 2016, 08:22:49 pm »

I currently possess four layers of shields, a reasonable dodge chance, and four total projectiles (the Artemis doesn't count since I'm out of missiles) that total five damage if all hit.
The Rebel Flagship... has four layers of shields. I'm literally unable to do any damage to it whatsoever, and my crew are doomed to slowly die from what missiles make it through my shielding and manage to hit me.
I shall give them a soldier's death by disabling all the shields.

FTL
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16640 on: March 07, 2016, 10:16:29 pm »

Not so much as death as immense frustration, specifically regarding the phrases "Use this!" "Watch our backs!" and "Shoot him!" from Ocelot.

Trying to perform the "don't let the Man on Fire attack even once after meeting up with Ocelot" in the Prologue mission. After many checkpoint reloads I thought I had done it but I apparently hadn't. Bugger.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16641 on: March 07, 2016, 10:24:18 pm »

Picked a fight with some dudes in heavy armor in a mine.  I probably should have noticed the "invincible" in big letters every time I tried to hit them before I had charged everyone in.

Divinity:OSEE
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16642 on: March 08, 2016, 10:42:36 am »

I've realized that the movie shows droids in a pretty mook-like light, [ie Spider Droids getting destroyed easily?] when in game or otherwise, they're pretty competent. And deadly. And amazing as a foe.

Also I got 2-shot by a flanking SBD, though I've spent my time taking the rest of them out by running in circles and firing my blaster on full automatic. :V

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16643 on: March 08, 2016, 10:47:41 am »

SBDs are bullshit. Not quite as bullshit as Magna Guards though.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16644 on: March 08, 2016, 10:47:57 am »

A huge minotaur butcher boss jerk got a critical on me and basically took away my assassin's entire health bar.

Sanctuary RPG
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16645 on: March 08, 2016, 10:56:10 am »

I've realized that the movie shows droids in a pretty mook-like light, [ie Spider Droids getting destroyed easily?] when in game or otherwise, they're pretty competent. And deadly. And amazing as a foe.

Also I got 2-shot by a flanking SBD, though I've spent my time taking the rest of them out by running in circles and firing my blaster on full automatic. :V

Learn to dance them. Melee, then back down to evade their countermelee, repeat. Needs good timing, but very good way to take them down in some situations (explosives, electronades, heavy weapons also always good options, though having cover is heavily recommended). Be sure to try and keep other enemies behind your dancing partner. Helps also to prevent them using their charged shot (which can instadown you on hardest difficulty).

For droidekas: get in close to melee, if you stand right their two blasters can't hit you because you're standing between them, so you can melee them at your leisure and they can't do crap. If not possible, again electronades help (focus firing also helps).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 10:58:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16646 on: March 08, 2016, 12:50:41 pm »

After wiping out Celts, Chinese, Spanish, Vikings and Mongols, only Babylonians and me, playing as Carthaginians, remained.

It was year 1840 AD when we went to war, and I fielded my mighty stacks upon stacks of mechanized infantry, marines, bomber planes and AEGIS cruisers against the Babylonians.

Babylonians, on other hand, took a different approach... 20+ ICBMs.

As I had no SDI to speak of, the war was over by 1855 AD, when my country was nuclear wasteland and Babylonian tanks rode over my defenses in Panormus and Carthago Nova, two remaining Carthaginian cities.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16647 on: March 09, 2016, 12:41:05 am »

Learn to dance them. Melee, then back down to evade their countermelee, repeat. Needs good timing, but very good way to take them down in some situations (explosives, electronades, heavy weapons also always good options, though having cover is heavily recommended). Be sure to try and keep other enemies behind your dancing partner. Helps also to prevent them using their charged shot (which can instadown you on hardest difficulty).

For droidekas: get in close to melee, if you stand right their two blasters can't hit you because you're standing between them, so you can melee them at your leisure and they can't do crap. If not possible, again electronades help (focus firing also helps).
Playing on Hard mode (I think that's the hardest) and nearly finishing the game now! \o/

...I only finally learned of 'Q to swap 'grenades'' late on, and forgot which did which until I personally tested it...(proximity bomb, fragmentation(?), EMP(?), Stun grenade/flashbang). Note to self: Green = Proximity bomb. Red = Fragmentation(?). Blue = EMP(?). Hourglass = Stun grenade/Flashbang

Also I never experienced trouble with droidekas. I just throw in that red ball and it destroys them (enough to blast them with lasers). But I have been practicing my melee skills and thank you for the info. (I've also forgotten how to order focus firing since it's a long time since I had free time to play, but I'll remember by randomly pressing keys soon enough!)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16648 on: March 09, 2016, 02:22:22 am »

To focus fire I think you just press the order key as if you were ordering a commando to take a sniper spot.  Really handy for taking out super battle droids with rifles.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16649 on: March 09, 2016, 08:49:07 pm »

Got engaged to my beloved. Then suffered a severe concussion in the mines when I got swarmed by bats.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1108 1109 [1110] 1111 1112 ... 1575