Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1109 1110 [1111] 1112 1113 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371226 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16650 on: March 09, 2016, 10:10:14 pm »

A huge minotaur butcher boss jerk got a critical on me and basically took away my assassin's entire health bar.

Sanctuary RPG
Oh man, I got so far in this. I got past that boss, through Caldora, and went to Hell, I just forgot to use Substinence when I was fighting this demon boss, and I died. ;-;. R.I.P. Druid. I got 2 legendary weapons that run, so it was really lucky. I think a key (haha) way to doing well is to go into the keystone portals, as they give hecka good loot.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16651 on: March 09, 2016, 10:23:09 pm »

Got killed by Roboscorpions trying to grab the X-2 array/antenna for the caps. (5,000 caps!) It normally wouldn't be so bad, but I had decided to challenge myself on this play-through with self imposed permadeath. And I had just reached level 14 and gotten light step because I believed whole-heartedly that I'd step on a mine and end my play-through. It was so stupid, too. I was on top of the tower on the pathway leading off to safety, but thought I could pop up and take a couple of V.A.T.S. shots to kill a giant one before I skulked off to heal and sniped the rest. I'd have just gotten out of there, but I was overburdened and was carrying it using the z key when it fell over the ledge during some fighting (me and my overconfidence trying to snipe everything with a damn hunting rifle). I just died due to greed, and I hadn't even reached Dead Money yet! On the bright side, I get to iron out all of the mistakes I made with my character build in my new play-through, and now I know what not to do.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16652 on: March 09, 2016, 10:27:53 pm »

I tried out the Stealth Cruiser right after unlocking it, as I do with every new ship.
I'm carrying some pretty good loot and got lucky with two new crew members, and another battle to test my Fire Beam is going well. During this, I send my excellent pilot and weapons officer from the (newly un-breached) life support system to heal, and a missile strikes the ship.
At the weapons bay, which they are in. And kills them both. In Sector 7.
Suffice to say, I reset.

FTL
I WILL BEAT THEE ONE DAY, FLAGSHIP
Black lives matter.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16653 on: March 09, 2016, 10:42:02 pm »

Swimming in winter, was doing fine and thinking I would make it to the opposite shore, then I get the "too tired to continue".  Try to swim back, but just as I reach the ice thick enough to support me, I lose all strength and drown.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16654 on: March 10, 2016, 07:32:01 am »

A goblin and I were trading zeroes back and forth, because early level characters can't hit anything with anything. I went to watch a YouTube video, and didn't hear the death sound that I was expecting. When I came back to the game, I had respawned and was missing some items.

Oldschool Runescape. I am having way more fun than I thought I would.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16655 on: March 10, 2016, 05:25:02 pm »

Playing CK2 for the first time in a long time. Duke Robert of Apulia dies and then AUGH EVERYONE HATES ME WHY??? A revolt came up that I might have been able to stop had my units not decided the best path to where I needed them was through the enemy. GG no re.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16656 on: March 11, 2016, 10:22:02 am »

I accidentally told a squaddie to take cover behind a car that exploded next turn.

XCOM.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16657 on: March 11, 2016, 10:44:49 am »

I accidentally told a squaddie to take cover behind a car that exploded next turn.

XCOM.

I've done that.

Although the game kinda sorta makes it clear when a vehicle will explode (it's on fire) it isn't the best way to go about it since it's very easy to miss if you're not paying attention.

Like when you haven't done any missions involving cars to hide behind for a while, and forget about it, so your captain gets blown up and then caned because they're not behind cover any more.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16658 on: March 11, 2016, 01:52:24 pm »

Especially now that fire is a separate environmental hazard.

I once had a grenade go off next to a car and light it on fire without damaging it.  Next turn I expect it to explode, it does not but the fire damages it.  "Oh it must be safe to hide behind."  Nope, explodes the NEXT turn.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16659 on: March 11, 2016, 02:04:17 pm »

Beaten to a pulp by half a dozen angry nord warriors who cornered me behind their lines during a siege on Dhirim. I managed to beat down three of them.

I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16660 on: March 11, 2016, 10:27:36 pm »

Platoon lead ordered a max crash.  I usually play engie but I figured what the hey I'll join the fun.  I resupplied up and pulled a max suit with a shotgun and a rocket launcher of some kind.  And walk out of the seiged down spawn room with the rest of the walking tanks.

...And got gunned down and killed within 10 seconds, no rez.  I really don't understand why when I use the things I am completely inept and helpless but when I'm fighting against the things I need an archer anti-materiel rifle and C4 to even make a dent in one.

I immediately went back to engie on respawn and was far more useful than I ever was in a max suit.

Planetside 2
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16661 on: March 11, 2016, 10:48:15 pm »

I know right?  A friend of mine is a PS2 veteran and suggested that I was taking heavy rockets or focused fire from multiple targets.  And just didn't notice, I guess.  I don't know...  for whatever reason, MAXes are "take cover don't engage" for me, and "Don't take you'll die in seconds".

I'm sure I'd learn if I actually played often, though.

Edit:  Actually they're mostly "rez, you'll make someone happy" or "repair, you'll make someone VERY happy"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16662 on: March 11, 2016, 10:49:58 pm »

A smoker zombie heard me walking thirty feet away and used his ridiculous speed and smokescreen to stunlock me into oblivion.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:52:13 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16663 on: March 12, 2016, 12:49:44 am »

Platoon lead ordered a max crash.  I usually play engie but I figured what the hey I'll join the fun.  I resupplied up and pulled a max suit with a shotgun and a rocket launcher of some kind.  And walk out of the seiged down spawn room with the rest of the walking tanks.

...And got gunned down and killed within 10 seconds, no rez.  I really don't understand why when I use the things I am completely inept and helpless but when I'm fighting against the things I need an archer anti-materiel rifle and C4 to even make a dent in one.

I immediately went back to engie on respawn and was far more useful than I ever was in a max suit.

Planetside 2

You did what's called "poking your balls out". The outfit I used to run with were very good at MAX Crashes; there's even a video of one (featuring skyrunner!) where it explains how a successful crash works. (Skyrunner used to play as Ociella, she's there at the 2:00 mark repairing the player in the video.) Bungins, the guy barking at everyone is a longtime PS2 player and probably one of the best commanders left on Briggs.

Sure, maxes are tanky, but the damage that can be output far exceeds your tankiness. Think of them like Heavys in TF2; sure, 300HP sounds like a lot, but under focused fire, a heavy will melt in a very short time.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16664 on: March 12, 2016, 05:12:09 am »

The most important part of using MAXs is the greek phalanx.  Not actual serious PS2 balance discussion
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 1109 1110 [1111] 1112 1113 ... 1575