Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372777 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10170 on: November 19, 2013, 12:02:24 am »

"Ha ha," I thought. "With this awesome top-tier rarity 10 fire greatsword, Glacial Agnaktor will be super easy."
It was. Except for the part where I stood a little too far on his 360 ice beam, so I actually got hit instead of being too close for him. Oops!

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: November 19, 2013, 01:52:41 am »

A monster closet opened up behind me right when I was looking at it. The room that opened up was pitch black, except for a bright red light heading right towards me. There was a perfectly genuine moment of "Oh my god what is that?" before a giant stompy robot shot approximately all of the missiles at me.

Edit:

Made it to the first boss of the game. Shot a few tentative rockets at him. He one-shotted me from full health.

Strife.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:14:13 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: November 19, 2013, 03:58:05 pm »

After running out of fuel on return from Mun, Jeb spent six days orbiting Kerbin, using a combination of jetpack-assisted deceleration and atmospheric braking to enable him to return to the surface of his home planet with the precious samples he'd recovered. Finally, his vessel's orbit skimmed low enough for the drag forces to slow him to a point where proper re-entry was possible.

Unfortunately, Kerbal parachutes are hard-wired to deploy only at 500m above sea level, which does not adequately slow decent when your enforced landing zone is a 3km mountain. At least the explosion means that we don't have to worry about retrieving the pilot craft.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: November 19, 2013, 04:02:02 pm »

I was going through the last room before the big boss, and had just knocked down a door and silently killed the one regular guard in the room. I refrained from picking up his musket...thingy, and decided to coax the bigger guard who wasn't stuck behind a bunch of cars into attacking so I could unload my entire ammo supply into him. The problem is, I coaxed the other one out of glitchiness for long enough for them both to come charging at me. I didn't even manage to connect a single bullet before being downed by a remarkable heavy punch.

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10174 on: November 19, 2013, 04:14:19 pm »

After running out of fuel on return from Mun, Jeb spent six days orbiting Kerbin, using a combination of jetpack-assisted deceleration and atmospheric braking to enable him to return to the surface of his home planet with the precious samples he'd recovered. Finally, his vessel's orbit skimmed low enough for the drag forces to slow him to a point where proper re-entry was possible.

Unfortunately, Kerbal parachutes are hard-wired to deploy only at 500m above sea level, which does not adequately slow decent when your enforced landing zone is a 3km mountain. At least the explosion means that we don't have to worry about retrieving the pilot craft.

Actually parachutes open at 500m above ground level on Kerbin.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: November 19, 2013, 04:17:32 pm »

And speeding up time will make them rip, maybe that's what happened?
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: November 19, 2013, 04:29:32 pm »

And speeding up time will make them rip, maybe that's what happened?

Possible, although I didn't speed time once in parachute deployment range. Amusingly, this was my second attempt at landing the mission (the first attempt I killed the process and went from the autosave, but was essentially the same scenario besides the six-day wait; the first time I used the trickle of remaining fuel to reduce my apoapsis into re-entry range, the second time I forgot where I was and burned it all off at an inappropriate time, hence the six-day time lapse).

On both occasions the parachute worked fine until the ship crashed into the mountain :P I'm not entirely sure of the circumstances around the parachute malfunction; maybe it was a design flaw elsewhere. In either case I think I may try to ensure that future missions actually have enough fuel to make the return trip so that I can land in a less incendiary fashion.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10177 on: November 19, 2013, 04:41:58 pm »

Remember to pack your drogue chutes! They open higher up
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: November 19, 2013, 05:41:51 pm »

Lieutenant Jill "Botany Bay" Jones, in an attempt to flank a Thin Man in heavy cover, accidentally ran into the entirety of the Thin Man's backup. Poor lass didn't stand a chance.

We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: November 21, 2013, 05:57:36 pm »

Decide to start an Dwarf fortress for an real this time and see how i go...
Oh god the name is 'Murderedtower', this is going to be !FUN!

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: November 21, 2013, 06:19:06 pm »

Rockets can, with proper care, land on their side.

This does however lead to minor problems with exploding on take-off.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: November 21, 2013, 07:25:36 pm »

If I have one complaint about this game... it's how inconsistent their rules for boss fights are. Half the time, you're supposed to kill off the support ships before attacking the boss. The other half of the time, the support ships respawn if you kill them all... so you have to kill all but the least deadly, then ignore it while focusing the boss.

So I spend ~5 minutes dodging the flagship's massive fusion bean, cutting down his support vessels before noticing they're coming back, stronger than ever. At which point the boss finally shoots my respawn beacon and ends the mission.  >:(

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: November 21, 2013, 07:27:01 pm »

got triple teamed in one lane with a hero i've never played as before :(

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: November 21, 2013, 07:28:25 pm »

Fucking trees.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: November 21, 2013, 07:30:21 pm »

Swarm of shocking mobs in Path of Exile.

Shit's worse than freeze, in my opinion. Not by much though.
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 1575