Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372780 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10155 on: November 13, 2013, 10:21:21 pm »

I was trying to attach an emergency shuttle to my space station, only to realize too late that I was going at it at 100 meters per second. I collided with the station, killing the captain, Lenburry Kerman, who was up on the bridge, and breaking the whole damn station in half.

Kerbal Space Program
That's one damn good emergency shuttle.   Can't get a much better emergency then the entire station being broken in half and the captain being killed.  Unless, of course, your emergency shuttle isn't supposed to actually cause emergencies.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10156 on: November 13, 2013, 11:53:13 pm »

I was going through the atmosphere on Duna attempting to put myself into a nice parking orbit, watching with horror as my ablative armor ran down extremely fast. All the sudden, I get a notice in bright yellow text, something along the lines of an antimatter tank exploding in 60 seconds. To my horror, my antimatter collection unit that was connected to my space station had run out of power, and it was going to explode. The space station I had spent forever creating. As soon as I cleared the atmosphere (I did it perfectly and had a great apoapsis, by the way) I switched to my station with 5 seconds left. I jettisoned the tank and the solid boosters fired up, as well hitting the abort tab sending my Kerbals flying away at 100m/s from the station. The antimatter was 900 meters from the station when it exploded. The explosion destroyed the station, as well as my Kerbals that were almost 2km away.

Kerbal Space Program
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: November 16, 2013, 05:54:37 am »

Crushed by a crushing ceiling that triggered when I picked up a yellow key. I knew there was a trap like that in the level, but forgot that it was over the yellow key.

Doom.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: November 16, 2013, 12:38:58 pm »

Everything in Risk of Rain. Goddamn that game is hard. So satisfying though.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: November 16, 2013, 12:56:49 pm »

Agreed. I've only unlocked the Enforcer and the Bandit so far and I die like all the time but it's that kind of 'shit, next time I'll do better' kind of death and not the 'fuck this' *throw controller* kind of death.

Also, I got killed by surprise giant jellyfish in Risk of Rain. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: November 16, 2013, 01:59:53 pm »

Risk of Rain kills you so often, but it's satisfying seeing the unlocks at the end of the run. 

I've gotten to where I can kill most bosses without trying now, but the stupid flash mobs of elites that show up get me almost every time.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10161 on: November 16, 2013, 02:51:06 pm »

BWAHAHAHAA

FUCK YOUUUUU, RISK OF RAIN

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

But on the run before that I got swarmed and killed in the first level like a dumbass. Nevertheless, the lessons here are get as many drones as possible, and that the Bandit is kickass.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: November 16, 2013, 04:08:21 pm »

Dual Rajang. Oh god, they are terrifying. Fast, deals massive damage, and has a shit ton of health, not to mention he goes Super Saiyan, complete with golden hair and sparks. Now I was doing well until I got the shit end of a combo. That's okay, I have two more tries. Enter arena, hear it roar, hear SECOND roar, shit pants. In leaps ANOTHER Rajang, this one visibly bigger than the first, and around two to three times my size. Now, strangely enough I do better than before, possibly because every fibre of my being was directed towards not being Wombo Combo'd by these two, but alas, it wasn't enough. Get hit with a glancing blow from a lightning beam attack, and get paralyzed. Game over man, game over!

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, The Final Invitation quest.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: November 18, 2013, 01:32:10 am »

Instantly killed by a trap of some kind. The floor started to lower, I walked onto it, and I died when the floor reached the bottom. I think it was supposed to be a pit trap, but I'm not sure.

Strife.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10164 on: November 18, 2013, 01:34:55 am »

Strife! Is that the old fps from the 90's?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10165 on: November 18, 2013, 02:09:58 am »

Yup. It's pretty good. Had a job of getting zdoom to load voices.wad, until I realized that only certain characters had voice actors. :P

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10166 on: November 18, 2013, 02:22:03 am »

Nice. I think that may have been the first fps that I ever played, back before I even knew that they were a thing. I remember the game seemed unimaginably complex to me at the time, though I'm sure time has changed that.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10167 on: November 18, 2013, 02:48:42 am »

It's no Deus Ex or Half-Life, but it's definitely up there in terms of 90's FPS games. The maps are huge and change to match the plot, and quests generally have some little bit of nonlinearity to them. Supposedly there's also a more in-depth stealth mechanic, but I haven't really seen it in action.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10168 on: November 18, 2013, 10:52:55 am »

pretty amazing what they did with the doom engine for that gem ;)

too bad most people never knew it existed

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: November 18, 2013, 10:26:16 pm »

Nethack has spoiled me.  I put a lukefisk cube in a lukefisk cube and expected a funny message.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 1575