Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372768 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10140 on: November 11, 2013, 02:37:59 pm »

Playing Risk of Rain solo is almost a death sentence, while playing with a buddy means that if you can't take off in DPS, usually your friend can.  That being said, I was playing solo.  Was revisiting previous levels, looking for bosses to farm and items to grab, freaking magma worms are probably the worst boss for the Acrid to kill.  Especially when there's 5 of them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: November 11, 2013, 06:15:50 pm »

A powerful swordsman sliced off my sword hand, and when I tried to wrestle away his own weapon, he broke my grip and sliced off my head.

>:(

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: November 11, 2013, 07:23:41 pm »

Killed by Bigocto, the miniboss of Jabu-Jabu's Belly. This is the first death so far in this playthrough, like it is in every playthrough.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:25:44 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #10143 on: November 12, 2013, 08:30:56 am »

A teammate and I are waiting behind a ridge for the enemy when we notice our seismic sensors showing at least a couple signals flanking through a nearby cave. We figure we can cut them off at the exit, since between us we're equipped with four of the deadliest close range weapons in the game. Just as we arrive at the cave mouth, FOUR 100-ton mechs emerge at full speed.

We lasted about 3 seconds.

Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: November 12, 2013, 04:28:02 pm »

A teammate and I are waiting behind a ridge for the enemy when we notice our seismic sensors showing at least a couple signals flanking through a nearby cave. We figure we can cut them off at the exit, since between us we're equipped with four of the deadliest close range weapons in the game. Just as we arrive at the cave mouth, FOUR 100-ton mechs emerge at full speed.

We lasted about 3 seconds.

I take it that 100 tons is a lot compared to what you were in?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #10145 on: November 12, 2013, 05:15:45 pm »

Ah, forgot to mention that our combined weight was 130 tons, so they outweighed us by nearly 4:1. If we were in something lighter we could've fled, but we were heavy enough that by the time we spotted what we were up against standing to fight was our only option.
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: November 12, 2013, 05:17:49 pm »

Ah, forgot to mention that our combined weight was 130 tons, so they outweighed us by nearly 4:1. If we were in something lighter we could've fled, but we were heavy enough that by the time we spotted what we were up against standing to fight was our only option.
Yeah, I had a poke around on MWO's promotional/tutorial-type videos and that does sound like an unfavourable situation.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: November 13, 2013, 12:10:12 am »

Night was falling. I needed shelter from the elongating shadows, and made haste to secure it. Already I could hear their howls, their tormented, wolf-like whimpering from the brush of the darkness enveloped savannah. Running as quickly as I could, I stumbled through a thicket and upon an imposing encampment, palisaded tightly against the sea. My legs moved of their own accord, my arms scrambled for the wooden gate that barred my passage, and the whole of my body clambered up and over the low, unmanned post in a long, thoughtless instant.

THAT WAS WHEN THE NINJAS ATTACKED! KIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! *CHOP*

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:12:03 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: November 13, 2013, 10:38:38 am »

Ran out of the town searching for supplies; ended up getting surrounded by four zombies and no one came to help me back to town. I crossed my fingers and hoped that I would survive, but unfortunately the zombies got to me during the night that I tried to camp and tore me limb from limb.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: November 13, 2013, 05:45:34 pm »

Move cautiously around the map. Then suddenly one of my recruits spot meld, who made a mad dash to it triggering about 2 sectoid packs. Results in another code black because the rest of the team was too split up to support each other.

I swear the moment I see meld all my tactical planning goes straight out of the window and my urge to collect it overrides everything.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #10150 on: November 13, 2013, 07:13:58 pm »

Move cautiously around the map. Then suddenly one of my recruits spot meld, who made a mad dash to it triggering about 2 sectoid packs. Results in another code black because the rest of the team was too split up to support each other.

I swear the moment I see meld all my tactical planning goes straight out of the window and my urge to collect it overrides everything.

Wat. How'd you get EW early?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: November 13, 2013, 07:21:42 pm »

It was released yesterday, actually.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: November 13, 2013, 07:35:47 pm »

I recently started playing DF again after many months, with a small above-ground fort in an easy area with flux, iron, and lignite. Things were going fine, with 40 steel'd soldiers and the 60 others armed with defensive crossbows, and I'd had no deaths up until that point after several gobbo sieges and frequent ambushes. It's worth noting that I've never actually lost a fort (that wasn't a ridiculous challenge map or something), let alone something with such easy minerals in a nonevil biome, so I was pretty surprised when it actually happened. 3-5 necromancers with an entourage of 100 zombies showed up, reanimated ~100 corpses on the surface, punched to death the 30 fully armored melee soldiers in seconds, and finished off the 10 lightly armored marksdwarves immediately after. By the time I realized that it was a total loss, they'd already entered over the moat bridge, and everyone else went insane/got massacred within seconds. I was laughing hysterically though... for the first time, I actually appreciate the 'losing is fun' mantra.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: November 13, 2013, 07:39:11 pm »

Wat. How'd you get EW early?
Turns out people in America gets it before people in Europe do. Sorry.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: November 13, 2013, 10:17:46 pm »

I was trying to attach an emergency shuttle to my space station, only to realize too late that I was going at it at 100 meters per second. I collided with the station, killing the captain, Lenburry Kerman, who was up on the bridge, and breaking the whole damn station in half.

Kerbal Space Program
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1575