Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372592 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10200 on: November 23, 2013, 09:40:17 am »

Not exactly a 'death', but my carbonated water boiler burned out the side and vented all my CO2 and water vapor into space as my fuse curved around a part that I had forgotten was made of wood.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

what were you making?
We're on Bay 12, so probably some sort of weapon. That's all my saves ever turn out as.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: November 23, 2013, 10:33:59 am »

Restarted some kind of centrifuge, which, without warning, vented the atmosphere. In a more puzzling design decision, it also meant I had to run between safe points in the path of the centrifuge to an elevator. With no oxygen. While the (somehow more vacuum durable than my SPACE SUIT!) aliens tried to kill me. The aliens weren't too bad, but the centrifuge is instant death, and I... didn't make it.

A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: November 23, 2013, 11:26:51 am »

I had beaten the cyberdemon and gond down to Hell.  I was pretty confident - I was a Technician with Fireangel, the Backpack, all unique or assembled gear, and plenty of ammunition.  On first level of Hell, I got a level feeling that the walls seemed pretty sturdy. This didn't seem like much at first, I wouldn't be able to bust down the walls with explosives, but it became appearant why this was significant.  Every enemy in the level was a Revenant, Mancubus, or Arch-Vile.  Three arch-viles in fact, all in one room.  Conveniently, Fireangel is extremely useful against enemies using so many explosives, so I had no trouble at first.  Then, two arch-viles entered my signt.  I used a fire skull, my only one, to clear out all the corpses and stop them from being resurrected, and attacked.  I eventually knocked the Arch-viles away from each other with missiles and killed them one by one, but by that point I was running low on health.

I was going to use a medkit, but then another Arch-vile appeared.  I drove it back from the other two aggressively, to stop it from bringing them back, and successfully killed it.  However, in the attack, I had failed to clear the area to my sides, and now there were 3 Mancubi surrounding me.  It turns out that it's harder to dodge 9 rockets than 3; I died there with five large medkits in my inventory and two phase devices - the incoming damage was so high I died before I could use them.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: November 23, 2013, 12:03:07 pm »

Not exactly a 'death', but my carbonated water boiler burned out the side and vented all my CO2 and water vapor into space as my fuse curved around a part that I had forgotten was made of wood.

what were you making?
We're on Bay 12, so probably some sort of weapon. That's all my saves ever turn out as.
I tried making a crack pipe a while back. It didn't really work... I think I tried putting a mouthpiece made of wood, which ended up catching fire. Oh well, it'd serve the crackhead right.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: November 23, 2013, 01:00:19 pm »

Were trying to slice up a Knight as a ninja when suddenly I heard "SPAAAAARTAAAAAAA!!"
Next thing I know, I have a spear through my backside.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 01:02:14 pm by Ultimuh »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: November 23, 2013, 01:07:02 pm »

My robot janitor got lasered by a fancy flying worm. :c

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: November 23, 2013, 02:16:23 pm »

what were you making?
I was trying to see if I could get carbonated water to boil in stead of suddenly turning into CO2 on getting hot, without letting it condense into plain water that boils. So far, results have been inconclusive.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: November 23, 2013, 02:59:00 pm »

I tried to practice doing an equator cut on a Titan. I ended up doing it too early and landed on the shoulder, said Titan turned about 10 degrees to the left and ate me.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: November 23, 2013, 03:22:39 pm »

I finished AC:IV recently, and I never actually died to fighting.  Any of the times I died it was always some janky game mechanic that was half-baked or something.  There was also the naval warfare, which I guess I can relate at least one of those stories.

I was fighting one of the legendary ships, which happens to be two man-o-wars at the same time, and I had finally gotten one of the ships down.  Thinking the fight would only get easier, I turn to broadside the other ship, when I notice it is now on fire and going to ram me.  I turn hard, get slightly out of the direct front of the ship, broadside them, and then ram their side.  That's when I notice that my health just took a hit, about 1/3rd of my health just disappeared.  Well, whatever, I've still got-.  Well no, there's another third.  I've already taken damage before so now I have about 1/10th of my life left.

They threw in a dumb mechanic on this last stretch of the fight, the remaining ship becomes extremely hostile, wants to touch you, and is on fire.  Well since the damned thing is on fire, that means that any time it even touches you (not counting ramming into you) it does massive damage.  Needless to say, I had to restart that fight.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: November 23, 2013, 03:56:46 pm »

Two Wandering Vagrants roflstomped my Commando underwater.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: November 24, 2013, 12:40:04 am »

Charged a duplicate of my character. Didn't know it was going to duplicate my actions, too.

And by "charged" I mean "electrocute." With lots of lightning.

Well...we both died, so...success?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: November 24, 2013, 12:46:20 pm »

Got mauled by a berserk black bear while I was trying to escape down an escape hatch. I had swiftness active, I should have kited the bear better. I figured if it went berserk though, I could outrun it and close a door to block it. Apparently the speed boost from berserk is faster than Swiftness, and I could never get enough distance between me and the bear to be able to close a door. The bear was always on my heels. Maybe if I started flying too, I could have outrun it.

Welp, YASD.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #10212 on: November 24, 2013, 12:54:20 pm »

I tried playing a game of stompie-mon with the Necromorphs, I instead became some sort of creepy ass zombie because of baby's.

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: November 24, 2013, 02:03:08 pm »

I was the traitor, and it was my first time being an antagonist besides Revolutionary. I hid inside of a locker in the Botany closet, called Fenton the Botanist, my target, on the radio, and told him I needed a bucket from in there. Readying my energy sword for an ambush, I got an underwhelming reply from the Chef:

Fenton is brain dead. Shall I get it for you?

Not convinced, I then saw Fenton, without his ID, walk past the window. Clever, I thought. Before I could jump out and attack him, the meddling chef walked past my locker and grabbed the bucket. "I've got the bucket. Where do you want me to put it?" The Chef said in the radio. I couldn't say anything back, otherwise he'd hear my voice, and my cover would be blown. Eventually, he left.

By then, the door had closed, and I couldn't open it. Plan B, I thought. I'd simply blow up the wall with C4, and go in to kill my target. However, I accidentally placed the explosives in front of me, and without remembering that it was a timer C4, activated it.

I had set the timer to 1 second earlier, thinking I could remotely detonate it. I exploded, and though I didn't die, I wasn't able to complete my objective.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:05:22 pm by IronTomato »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: November 24, 2013, 03:30:51 pm »

After completing most of the level, escaping the fake exit trap, collecting two keys and destroying most of the monsters, I get stuck under a crushing ceiling. It crushes me completely flat from ~130 health. Complete bullshit. This is the reason I hate The Shores of Hell, the levels are too huge and get boring before you're even close to finishing them. And then they find a way to kill you when you haven't saved since the beginning of the level.

Doom.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 1575