Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371531 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6465 on: August 20, 2012, 12:00:43 pm »

Either way the head, along with it's chronic dreams of sustained cruelty, ceased to exist.
Possibly. Do you believe in magic?
Only the type we have empirical evidence of.

EDIT: Damn, I've made a mistake. It was supposed to be "dreams of chronic and sustained cruelty".
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:45:00 pm by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: August 21, 2012, 07:48:26 am »

So, now you shall have nightmares about how chronic dreams of sustained cruelty are not dreams of chronic and sustained cruelty?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: August 21, 2012, 11:39:12 am »

Yes  :'(

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: August 21, 2012, 12:00:55 pm »

Became addicted to Marble's milk.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: August 21, 2012, 01:35:47 pm »

Could you please stop posting about that game? I do not think it is wise to make more people lose their minds.
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: August 21, 2012, 01:39:14 pm »

Could you please stop posting about that game? I do not think it is wise to make more people lose their minds.

Psh~
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: August 21, 2012, 03:05:39 pm »

Got blasted repeatedly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: August 21, 2012, 06:00:58 pm »

GODDAMN IT ONSLAUGHT YOU'RE SUCH AN SNK BOSS

ONLY STRIDER HIRYU CAN TELEPORT BUT YOU DO IT LIKE 389434 TIMES THEN USE A 20 HIT BEAM THEN A 6 HIT CHARGE ATTACK WHILE I'M STILL IN THE AIR SHAVING OFF HALF MY HEALTH

GODDAMN IT STRIDER STOP GRABBING THE WALL WHEN I'M TRYING TO JUMP OVER ONSLAUGHT

GODDAMN IT WOLVERINE YOU ARE SO FRAIL

ARGH NOW ONSLAUGHT SUMMONED HULK WHO SPAMS GAMMA CRUSH ON ME ARGHSDLKFHLSGKDJG

GARGHGLGKJGKJF

KO!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #6473 on: August 21, 2012, 10:58:53 pm »

>Bay12
>Sanity
>OH HOHOHO YOU SO FUNNY
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: August 21, 2012, 11:16:37 pm »

I wasn't trying to be funny this time. It is a good thing to try and keep people away from games that will most likely squick the player greatly and scar them for life. Googling that games name is a very fast ticket to degenerative insanity, and we don't want to completely ruin the peace of someone's mind. It is up to themselves to do that.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: August 21, 2012, 11:19:54 pm »

I wasn't trying to be funny this time. It is a good thing to try and keep people away from games that will most likely squick the player greatly and scar them for life. Googling that games name is a very fast ticket to degenerative insanity, and we don't want to completely ruin the peace of someone's mind. It is up to themselves to do that.
I think your bowing it just a bit out of proporsion.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: August 22, 2012, 01:01:14 am »

I dunno. I looked it up out of curiosity, and...*shudder*
Thankfully, I got out before I saw anything too horrible.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #6477 on: August 22, 2012, 01:34:28 am »

hmm, sounds like FATAL online...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: August 22, 2012, 01:35:49 am »

Agreed, it's just some wangs in unexpected places.

The briefing had been grim - the evacuation of London was on the verge of total chaos.  The west side of the city HAD to be secured, or the civilians would rout.  Between the engineered killing machines and their own panic, it would be an unthinkable massacre. 

So why entrust a single soldier with such a vital mission?  I'd like to say it's because I'm the best... but no.  I was all that could be spared.  In fact they probably failed, making this all moot.  But we were dead anyway.

Wave after wave of Horizine biotech met my sword, shotgun, and pistol.  The big stuff was no problem, but the hordes of skittering spider...people...things.  My pity was matched only by my hatred and desperation.  It was only when I skewered the last chainsaw-handed freak, and a silence descended, that I realized how much blood I'd lost.  The drugs are good (so good) but they don't fix you.  They help you push your broken frame just a little farther, for another minute, so that WHEN you collapse you aren't surrounded by hungry mutants.

The pain came all at once as I collapsed against the tunnel wall.  Muscles screamed from being pushed to far - some torn, I think.  I would be feeling this for many mornings to come.  I grinned at the thought.  Then I heard him howl.

"YOU MURDERED MY CHILDREN"  Who the hell?  Wait... it couldn't be... there was gallows humor that the CEO himself had fashioned himself an unkillable body, and was leading the specimens.  It was just a bad joke, right?  Why would he even be here on the west side?

I tried to look down both sides of the tunnel at once.  The damnable echo... where was he?  Were those footsteps?  I swear I spotted him at the right entrance, silhouetted for a moment in the light.  Then he was gone, just gone.  I peered into the gloom and glare - of course he would have stalker camo.  Little good it would do him, I would never have survived the first day without learning to spot that freaky shimmer in the air.  Like the air above hot pavement, but with claws and a big mouth.  I would have known if he was in the tunnel, I would have at least heard the bastard's footsteps.  No biotechnology can make a giant like that walk silently.  But then he WAS there.  9 feet tall, sporting a gigantic chaingun/rocket launcher and an expression of pure hatred.  I was transfixed by that expression - and also the gigantic tentacle that burst out of his chest and skewered me.  He laughed without humor, his face still contorted.  He flung me against the wall of the tunnel, knocking the air out of me.  "STAY STILL.  I'LL MAKE THIS QUICK."  Gears whirred noisily as his ARM spun up, and then the bullets.  So many bullets.

I'll tell you right now - the afterlife isn't perfect, but it has a lot less bullets.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: August 22, 2012, 01:48:09 am »

Was breaking down some branches, hunting for saplings (or maybe apples), when a wisp flew between my fist and the branches in question. I hit it. It paused for the briefest of moments, in which time I realized that I had to get to my chest - NOW.

Too late. The wisp's first strike knocked me off of my narrow ledge into the infinite void below. I lost a full stack of planks (was building a barn), a nearly-new pickaxe, some wheat seeds, bonemeal, and a highly valuable and very rare iron helmet.

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 1575