Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371561 times)

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6480 on: August 22, 2012, 02:03:03 am »

Buddhist monks kicked the shit out of me after I went disguised into their monastery and stole some flowers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: August 22, 2012, 06:08:01 am »

Heckran showed me that even if I did have some fancy shmancy magic, he could still woop my ass.

Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: August 22, 2012, 01:29:59 pm »

So me, in overpowered battlecruiser, two k'tingas and five birds-of-prey attacked and demolished a Federation task force, which was vastly superior by power. We got a nice battering and lost most of ships, though. After this battle, we warped one system closer to Klingon space.

Randomly generated blockade. Me and my leftover birds against five cruisers, from battlecruisers to light-cruisers.

Alll in all, only I remained, in my battered ship, plus one Federation Excelsior-class battlecruiser that was in better shape. We both pellet each other with cannons and torpedoes, and I lost my warp drive (also serves as main power generator).

Then I noticed we were almost in atmosphere of a planet. I ordered my battlecruiser to full impulse - soon, I've slammed into the Federation ship and then we both hit against the planet, promptly exploding ourselves to bits.

It was good day to die!

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: August 22, 2012, 02:26:40 pm »

I was stabbed nine times in the face with a stiletto, then impaled with a Lancaster Greatsword. Not to mention the lag, of course.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: August 22, 2012, 08:48:52 pm »

In a badly lit cave I got distracted following a redstone vein near a magma lake.

A creeper surprised me from behind, but by reflexes and armor I survived; the barrier separating the dig from the lava however got blasted away.

Running from lava, I hugged another creeper.

arbiter787

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING] noobishness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: August 23, 2012, 03:15:51 am »

DMR to the head. Nuff' said. (lol I made a rhyme ;D)

Most people say "I hate losing". I say "Hells yes I lost to a zombie unicorn rampage!

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: August 23, 2012, 11:05:55 am »

I was playing as the Norwegian count of Dublin. In an attempt to Norwegianize Ireland, I swore fealty to King Haardrada and he helped me take over some lone Irish counts. He married off one of his daughters to the Swedish King and upon his death (Haardrada's and Olaf who died in a "suspicious accident"), the son of the Swedish king succeeded the throne  >:(  So now there was a Swedish King of Norway. He then proceeded to systematically banish/imprison certain vassals, including myself at times. I gathered up a few of the other vassals as allies and we revolted to overthrow this guy, and I died in one of the final battles of the war in the capital. It was pretty glorious and my guy went down in history as that badass duke from Ireland. At least he had a son.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:08:09 am by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: August 23, 2012, 07:06:32 pm »

Down to my last one. Venom had gotten himself knocked out, and Zangief was my last. Zangief was severely tired, on about 45% health when he came in.

Then as I defeat the first opponent, this music starts.

Jin Saotome's Theme

Rip through him until he gets to 25% health: GLEAM and Jin starts glowing gold. This is one of his supers; if he's the last player on a team and has 25% or less health when he comes in, he automatically does this super when he touches the ground. He gets a boost to damage and defense, and acquires Super Armor (it takes two hits to hitstun him instead of one).

The poor fat ol' Russian didn't know what hit him. In a blinding 14 hit combo followed by BLOOOOODDDIDIIIAAAAA, Zangief was down.

KO. Jin - Win.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: August 23, 2012, 07:22:03 pm »

Robotic Scorpions welded me to a train and left me to rot.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: August 25, 2012, 05:42:39 am »

Do not challenge the boss monster if your medic has only half TP. Even if you have lured him away from his wolf support beforehand.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: August 25, 2012, 06:04:47 am »

Skeletons... and their sharp, sharp swords. I knew that shiny thing was a trap and I went to get it anyways...

EDIT:

Big armoured guy that twoshotted me.

Three deaths to my nemesis... gravity, one of these days I will get you back!

Still Dark Souls.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 10:57:59 am by Aptus »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: August 25, 2012, 06:48:29 am »

Kazulin Ironjaw, the mythical dwarven slayer, attempted to take on a rat ogre. The slayer's punch was too weak to put a dent in the ogre's skull, and it retaliated by biting the dwarf in half. While the rest of the dwarven team watched in shock, a much smaller rat sneaked trough their lines and scored the winning touchdown.
At least Kazulin died on the field, fighting something three times as big. It's the way he would have wanted to go.

Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: August 25, 2012, 12:41:49 pm »

The lord decided that the middle of an invasion was the best time to leave the keep to go have sex with his wife(which for some reason, gives a small amount of Honor). The gate closed behind him, and he was brought down by a gang of macemen and swordsmen. Granted, the castle was doomed anyway, especially in the meanwhile the walls were being pounded by more rocks than were probably used to build them in the first place.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: August 25, 2012, 02:55:22 pm »

After the emergency shuttle docked in centcom and the round ended, I, a traitor scientist opened up my PDA and sent a signal.
A signal set to detonate the bomb in my satchel.

WHY CAN'T I STOP PLAYING SPACE STATION 13
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: August 25, 2012, 03:02:28 pm »

Im alive again after a 4 year break!
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 1575