Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371570 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6450 on: August 19, 2012, 06:55:04 pm »

This isn't my last death, but it's still worth posting here.

My sister was playing Fallout 3, and had just started the Wasteland Survival Guide quest. She had just made it to that Super-Duper Mart filled with raiders, and was about to go outside, when suddenly Giant Radscorpion out of nowhere. I was watching and proceeded to laugh my ass off as she got brutally butchered.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: August 19, 2012, 07:11:21 pm »

Jackal Man aged me, slowing me down too much to get out of the hypercannon's path.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: August 19, 2012, 07:26:01 pm »

Creepy-crawly bugs, or programming errors?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: August 19, 2012, 07:40:28 pm »

Fallout:New Vegas, getting gangraped by several Mr. Gutsys and being to stupid to switch out my near-broken laser pistol for my full-condition plasma rifle

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: August 20, 2012, 01:39:06 am »

Bare-bones embark on an evil glacier. I had managed to get my dwarves into a cavern and clear it of basic hostilities, for 1.5 years we thrived until a tribe of batmen unearthed themselves and slaughtered a miner who was bitten by a mummy not five seconds ago, my military captain clad in leather and wielding a serrated crossbow charged first with the rest of the fortress into which would be the most glorious battle ever.

Dwarf fortress.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: August 20, 2012, 03:14:09 am »

Naval air battle somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. I was an American and was pursuing a Japanese fighter, the bastard was good. So for a time we went lower and then the pursuit was about 10m above the water. Suddenly he pulled up as I had expected, but what I did not expect, was that my plane had better climb. So I got to the same height as him and we started spiralling around each other, me trying to get below him. I didn't want to pull away because the weather was overcast and I would of lost him. As we were spiralling, another Japanese plane hit me so that the very first bullet killed my pilot, I didn't even know what hit me.

Il-2 Sturmovik:1946
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: August 20, 2012, 05:19:36 am »

There was this one scout who evaded all my attempts to track him while playing arena mode.
He was also quite a crack shot. Frustration ensued.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: August 20, 2012, 05:33:05 am »

There was this one scout who evaded all my attempts to track him while playing arena mode.
He was also quite a crack shot. Frustration ensued.

The worst kind of scout is a competent one.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: August 20, 2012, 05:39:05 am »

Dungeons of Dredmor,fighting a semi-invisible side-quest boss monster that was casting pink toxic clouds all over the place.  Had him down to onehit left, killed me with lucky counter-hit.   :'(

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: August 20, 2012, 07:13:42 am »

This isn't my last death, but it's still worth posting here.

My sister was playing Fallout 3, and had just started the Wasteland Survival Guide quest. She had just made it to that Super-Duper Mart filled with raiders, and was about to go outside, when suddenly Giant Radscorpion out of nowhere. I was watching and proceeded to laugh my ass off as she got brutally butchered.

I had more or less the same...

but

I had a

DEATHCLAW.

Yes, a deathclaw. Crippled its legs with my trusty ol' hunting rifle, switched to my absolutely most powerful weapon at the time: my frag mines, and dropped them in its path as it ran toward me, stepping on each one. When it finally closed with me after having crippled legs and a crippled torso from the mines, it hit me, taking about 60% of my health, then I hit it with my sledgehammer, it hit again;

I died.

FFUUUUU----

Exact same quest, too.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: August 20, 2012, 07:21:01 am »

"Protect mann co! If you fail, all is lost!"
With these words, hordes of scouts came down the hill. None of my problems, as my flamethrower was upgraded well, and those werent my target either. My teammates would take care of those. My target was the giant heavy with the medic that was coming down the hill...
He jumped down. The medic too. I jumped off the ridge and blindly began flaming. The medic activated his uber and the giant heavy crusehd my skull with its minigun. Or he made my head swiss cheese. Not much of a difference.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: August 20, 2012, 08:11:43 am »

Either way the head, along with it's chronic dreams of sustained cruelty, ceased to exist.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: August 20, 2012, 08:18:56 am »

A bunch of lvl 5000 enemies with Magichanged lvl 5000 weapons are lethal against a poorly-kitted brawler.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: August 20, 2012, 08:30:55 am »

Good ol' Disgaea.

Anyway, me? I chucked a tantrum and blew myself sky-high with C4 after realising I'd borked a questline by completing the wrong quest too soon. :-\ Argh.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: August 20, 2012, 09:26:56 am »

Either way the head, along with it's chronic dreams of sustained cruelty, ceased to exist.
Possibly. Do you believe in magic?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 1575