Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1234311 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.25 ϟ]
« Reply #420 on: April 19, 2010, 11:51:30 am »

Anyway 1.3 was really needed.

It adds a swimming pool, Acanthus177's cave carp and Max's cute vermin hunter.
Also it fixes accented characters.
Also it fixes some Nord entity positions and what's more important now they have furniture even on glacier.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.25 ϟ]
« Reply #421 on: April 19, 2010, 12:07:05 pm »

I may look into its deadliness too. It may be too severe...

Also about cave lobsters... Eh. I've spent a night tuning those tiles to fit the tileset I use, so it's sad that you cannot enjoy it :(.

P.S. Can you send me the tileset you use? I can adjust things to fit it.

Ah, you worry too much Deon. I rather like embarking on lobster mountain.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.3 ϟ]
« Reply #422 on: April 19, 2010, 12:09:22 pm »

Ahem. I forgot about hammerpicks and to look into the deadliness of black lung... Damn, I am too busy with university work and it distracts me too much.

Do not worry, in the next release when I will nerf black lung, I will add water leeches which will paralyze/poison with their bites. Yay fisherdwarves, you die now >:). I just feel like the water became too easy right now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 19, 2010, 12:47:22 pm »

A quick idea popped into my head when you mentioned leeches;

Malaria carrying mosquitoes?

I don't know if vermin can be associated with pools of stagnant water, but still be above ground...

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 19, 2010, 01:05:58 pm »

Ooh, yeah. Most parasites can be fudged in, can't they? You might even be able to have creatures like fleas release a cloud of poison that infected creatures with "flea infestation"

Can't mosquitos just be given a swamp biome? Tropical swamps for malarial mosquitos, I guess.

stolide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 19, 2010, 02:03:36 pm »

Since you and have similar interests, feel free to use what I am making/modify what I am making to what you want. I haven't tested anything yet, but I do have leeches (I read that you wanted to have them just after I posted mine) and now cholera.

(http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=54891.15)
Under the somber sleep of stones, a star is snuffed by a candle.

As Urist McKant Said, "I must act according to the maxim such that I can will that maxim to destroy everything beloved to me at the flip of a lever."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 19, 2010, 02:18:04 pm »

Can't mosquitos just be given a swamp biome? Tropical swamps for malarial mosquitos, I guess.
There were mosquitos with stunning poison (like cave spiders) in DF Gensis for 40d. Now it's time to resurrect them :P
New poison effects would make it really great.

Stolide
Oh wow, you've already patched it up, great job! Thank you.

Why is the minnow called "harmless"?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

stolide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 19, 2010, 02:23:07 pm »

Stolide
Oh wow, you've already patched it up, great job! Thank you.

Why is the minnow called "harmless"?

Because this is dwarf fortress. :P
Under the somber sleep of stones, a star is snuffed by a candle.

As Urist McKant Said, "I must act according to the maxim such that I can will that maxim to destroy everything beloved to me at the flip of a lever."

Wheatloaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 19, 2010, 03:37:50 pm »

First off I gotta say great job Deon. I was planning on holding off on this version till all the bugs got sorted out but I made the mistake of taking a quick look at the modding forum and read the thread. Now I'm playing it, and it's pretty awesome. I especially like all the custom workshops, mostly the less useful flavor ones. I've got a couple questions though.

1. The Crematorium: Awesome for flavor and a fix for what I understand was/is a bug with corpses not going away. I put mine into use for the first time when a large rat ran into a stockpile and started guzzling booze. After some dwarves wrassled it to death I burned its corpse along with some vermin a cat killed. No worries worked fine. I set it to repeat burn all corpses and forgot about it. Now some ghouls came along and after they got wrassled to death (finally got weapons made so no more wrassling from now on) I found I couldn't burn them in the crematorium. When I go to add a task there's just nothing there. It's blank. No possible tasks at the crematorium. I deconstructed it and built a new one in the same spot but the same issue persists. Nothing I can do at the crematorium. Any idea what's going on here?

2. About the custom workshops. Some of them are more obvious how to use like the awesome anatomical theatre (no more skill decay, sweet) but I'm not sure how to use some of the others. Like the Rockball court. I add a play rockball task but nobody seems to want to get in on the rockball action. What labor do I need to enable for them to use it? I'm not sure what labor one would turn on to use the training dummies, library, obstacle course, swimming pool or regular theatre either.

3. Just started a fort late night yesterday and you've already got a new version up! Would this one require a new world or would I just need to overwrite the files in my current installation?

Thanks in advance and again, great work! I just gotta state the custom workshops are awesome. I mean a swimming pool now? It makes so much sense yet I never would have thought of it. No more stationing military guys in locked water traps and filling them to the right water level then waiting for them to get hungry/thirsty/sleepy then draining the chamber then letting them out then doing it all over again.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 19, 2010, 03:38:56 pm »

The alternative graphics set can still support accented characters, don't forget.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 19, 2010, 04:27:39 pm »

Yeah, but it's easy to take it back.

Wheatloaf
1) Crematorium: it currently burns only vermin parts and leftover chunks from butchery. No corpse burning. I may have to look how to make it, maybe it's just CORPSE reagent.

2) Heh, then it's not working. It should train throwing, but because this skill is not used anywhere but tantruming, it looks like noone wants it :(.

3) You can install new ver. (just back up the save for safety), it should fix some tiles, but nothing serious. It's moslty for nords' worldgen and adv. mode, although you miss swimming poo which was added recently.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 19, 2010, 04:48:28 pm »

swimming poo

Yikes, and I thought Carp were unpleasant.

Oh, and SquidgyB, turns out there's a [BIOME:ANY_POOL] tag, which might be more what you were looking for for mosquitoes. It might be currently broken though, since I know there's a bug about fish not showing up.

Wheatloaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 19, 2010, 04:53:44 pm »

Ah that's a bummer about the crematorium. Guess I'll have to expand my dead-again-ghoul-pile a bit. Also a bummer that I'll miss the swimming pool. Oh well, next fort I guess! Anyway strangely enough not like 3 minutes ago one of my new immigrants, a gem setter went and hit up the rockball court and threw that rockball that had been sitting in the task menu since basically the start of the fort. Gonna mess around with his active labors and see if maybe one of them was the cause. Thanks for the quick response.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 19, 2010, 05:05:08 pm »

May it be that you have no idlers to make this task?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 19, 2010, 08:41:05 pm »

Yay! New version!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 642